*CHRISTMAS SPECIAL*

Suggested Music:
(A Merry Little Christmas - Sam Smith)

Beth laid silently, spread out across the silky sheets that laid on top of the bed

Beth laid silently, spread out across the silky sheets that laid on top of the bed. Her hair was tied up in a high ponytail which laid against her and the sheets, she had on a white tank top and some Christmas themed pajamas. Daryl was downstairs filling the Christmas tree with presents he had bought and hid for weeks. He had on a Christmas hat that say awkwardly on his head. "Daddy?" A girl mumbled as she came down the stairs rubbing her big puffy eyes. "Hey! Your supposed to be asleep." He said scooping her up off her feet and carrying her quietly back up the stairs, she sat against his arm as she tried to peep past him at the green, bright Christmas tree. "I'm sorry daddy, I was just thirsty. Can I have some juice before I go to sleep again?" She asked as she looked down at her father she had loved. "Of course.. but you gotta stay up here or Santa won't be comin'." He mumbled as he laid her back on her bed, sliding the blanket over her small body. She smiled and nodded her head. "Is he down there now?" She asked cheerfully. "Not yet, I was gettin' it prepared for him." Daryl said before standing straight up and heading back down stairs for his six-year-old daughter juice. Beth heard shuffling through the house which woke her out of her sleep, she had worked a long shift on Christmas Eve at the hospital, her eyes were slightly red as she slid out the bed, sliding her feet into some slippers and heading downstairs, Daryl was holding the jug of juice in one hand, a cookie in his mouth, and the glass in the other. Beth chuckled at him as she rubbed her eyes to get a clearer view of her boyfriend. "You look adorable." She whispered as she leaned against the frame of the doorway that exited the living room and entered the kitchen. "Very funny." He tried to say win a stuffed mouth, Beth walked over and took the cookie out of his mouth, taking a bite of her own. "Thanks." He said clearly as he put the jug back in the fridge. "She see the presents?" She asked in a whisper. "Nah, stopped her just in time." Daryl said holding the glass in both of his hands. "What a great Santa." Beth said as she stood up on her tippy toes and placed a kiss against Daryl's lips. "Somebody gotta do it." He shrugged. Beth roller her eyes and took the glass from out of his hands. "You finish that tree and I'll get her back to sleep." She said turning on her heels and making her way back to the stairs. "Yes ma'am Mrs. Claus." He teased slapping her ass as she pranced off, "Mmm Mrs.Claus I like the sound of that." she chuckled softly, her feet made the wood creak beneath her as she went up the stairs and into the girls room on the right side of the hall. Daryl headed back over to the tree taking the gifts and sliding them under. He tried to make them look as best as he could, Beth and Maggie had spent most of the afternoons while Margo was at school wrapping the gifts as perfectly as they possibly could.  While me and Glenn had helped Hershel setup the Christmas tree back at the farm. He was afraid to admit it but he was excited to see Margo's reaction as she opened her presents, he was excited for the food Otis and Patricia was cooking, he was more excited that everyone would be there, Rick and his family, Beth's Bestfriend Rosita and her boyfriend Abaraham, and everyone else. Christmas wasn't like this when he was a child, so being able to know his little girl had this made him happy. Beth snuck down the stairs with a empty glass, she watched Daryl as he cautiously organized the presents. There was one box left, a smaller one, one he had not allowed Beth to wrap. Maggie had wrapped it separately without her knowing, it was wrapped in golden colored paper, with a white bow tying it together. It had a little sticker with Beth's name written neatly on it. Beth moved and made a noise fill his ears alarming him, he quickly threw the wrapped present into the pockets of his grey pajama pants before spinning around to face the blonde small framed woman. "Hey!" He suspiciously said. "Hi?" She said in return. She swayed over to him placing he hands on the string of his bottoms. "Wanna call it a night?" Her voice was in a tone that rubbed Daryl the right way, he smirked almost forgetting what he was hiding from her in the first place. Her hands slipped down to find a print she was familiar with, Daryl quickly jerked away as he knew only inches away was a gift he was hiding. "What?" She said almost yanking her hand away in retaliation. "Nothin' it's just.. what ummm.. if Margo's still up?" He lied. Turning away from her and going back to moving the presents that were already perfect. "Daryl, she's not." Beth said watching him suspiciously. "Are you sure? Why don't you check one more time! Just in case?" He said turning to look at her. She lowered her eyes and crossed her arms, she hated when Daryl hid things from her, and she always knew when he was. "What's going on?" She asked tapping her foot. "Nothin'." He reassured. Beth lowered her eyes even more and tapped her foot even harder. "Daryl!" she said. "Beth! It's nothin'." He growled as he tried to find a place to hide the box without her seeing, Beth began to walked towards him, Daryl quickly dropped the box and began pushing stuff around it, Beth came behind him and began reaching behind him trying to figure out what it was. "Stop it!" He growled. "What is it?!?" Beth said trying to push past his arms that spread out blocking her. "Beth come on now!" He hissed. "Just lemme see." She mumbled leaning her chest against his back. "Quit goddammit!" He said chuckling. "Just lemme-" Daryl grabbed Beth's arm and pulled her to the floor, he got on top of her and pinned her arms against the cold wood floor. She chuckled and sighed as she realized he had her pinned. "Really?" She whispered. "Really." He said keeping her still. "Really." Beth smiled a little as she looked down at the box that was barely peeking out of her pocket. Daryl sighed and smacked his lips. "Taught yah' to well." He said yanking it out her pocket, he looked over the small box before looking at the girl who lifted her self up and looked over it as well. "Fine.." he mumbled as he pushed it up against her chest. Beth's smile became huge as she took the box and read her name on the sticker. "I told yah' I ain't want nothin'." She said flipping it in every direction. "I know." He said. "Then why-" Daryl stopped her from speaking "just open it." He said lifting himself up then reaching out a hand to help her up. Beth stood straight up as she began to focus on the little box in her hand, she began to slowly open it not noticing what Daryl was doing. Once it was unwrapped she noticed the shape, a small jewelry box, one that was white and was cushion liked, the ones that usually held a necklace or a ring or even just a pearl. She noticed a piece of paper tapped on the bottom, she pulled it off and unfolded it, reading it to herself.

Dear Beth.. I ain't the type to ever really say how I

feel... and well I sure as hell ain't the type to write it down,

but with you.. things are different, you have shown

me light that I had never seen until I meet you, and

until I met my daughter, Margo. You have given me

more then I could ever ask for, and now.. I'd like to

give you more then you could ever ask for. We have

a home together, we have a family together, and

now we will have a name together. -D

Beth's eyes slowly creeped to the box as she lifted the lid, a beautiful ring with a gold band and a pretty diamond in the center of it. Her heart completely dropped into her stomach as she looked down to see Daryl on one knee his hat barely hanging off his head, his chest rising and falling in faster rate, he was looking down. Beth placed her free hand against her mouth as she cried a little, Daryl's eyes flew up and he smiled softly as she shook her head yes. "Yes... yes!" Beth shouted as she threw her arms around her fiancé. She cried cheerfully as she kissed him on his forehead, then on his lips. He smiled back at her, his face red and flushed showing how nervous he really was. "I love you." She whispered. "I was gonna do it tomorrow, at dinner.. but.. I guess this gotta do." He mumbled. Beth smiled and shrugged "this is perfect." She said. Daryl kissed her soft lips and then lifted her up putting her legs against his waist as he laid her back onto the floor, he reached towards the ottoman that had a blanket laid on top of it, he placed it over his body, Beth tugged his Santa hat and dropped it onto the floor as he began tugging off pieces of her clothes.