21

Suggested Music:
(Only - RY X)
"I was only falling in love.."

NOW-Daryl sat on the edge of the bed sharping his arrows, I stood across from leaned up against the dresser

NOW-
Daryl sat on the edge of the bed sharping his arrows, I stood across from leaned up against the dresser. Once we had negotiated to give Lydia back Daryl and Aaron explained how the group we were recently introduced lived. "Daryl." I said. My heart pounded in my chest, my hands sweaty, I was afraid to tell him but I knew I needed too. "Hm?" He mumbled still focused on his work. "I need to talk to you about somethin'." I said crossing my arms. "Alright.. I'm listen." He mumbled still not looking. "Daryl.." I firmly said, I leaned forward and walked towards him, he looked up at me and sighed. "Alright." He said keeping his eyes on me and away from the arrow he fiddled with in his hands. "I need you to know.. that there wasn't anything we could've done to stop what happened, and please.. please don't blame yourself." I whispered as lowered down on my knees to his level, Daryl looked completely oblivious to what I was talking about. He looked at me with that confused look on his face. "Beth-" I stopped him before he could speak and looked down to the ground. "I was pregnant.. when everything happened. Six years ago, she would've been six.. I lost it.. but.. I just wanted you to know, you deserve to know." I whispered, my eyes teary. The arrow in Daryl's hand snapped in his grip, he slowly stood up, my eyes peering up at him. "Daryl?" I whispered. Daryl pushes past me taking his bow and putting the straps across his chest, lying it across his back. "I need some air." He mumbled, his voice was a growl that showed he was angry, and it wasn't full of his rasp when he was happy, it was just straight and clear as he spoke. I could hear the door closed behind me as I quickly stood up and went after him, by the time he was down the stairs I was just coming down "Daryl wait!" I called out as I struggled to stay behind him, he went out the front door and I strayed behind him. "Daryl!" I called out again reaching my arm out wide, reaching so far to grab any part of him, I caught the tip of his jacket, Daryl stopped, his back to me. "Maybe if I ain't stop lookin' maybe if I was out there longer, you would've been here.. and they would've been here-" "Daryl." I tried to interrupt tugging his shirt. "Maybe I could've done something." He said out. "Don't." I whispered. "You ain't deserve that Beth." He mumbled. "I-" "You ain't deserve to feel that.. to be out there alone.." I tugged at his shirt and he yanked away from me spinning to look at me. "Just stop.." I whispered. Daryl's eyes were wet as he looked down at me, his chest rising and falling as he tried to hold back his cries. His say eyes broke my heart as I just stared, my heart in my stomach, my eyes watering. We just stood their staring at one another holding back our cries. Daryl flung towards me, his hands placing on my jaw as he lifted up my head and placed his lips against mine. I placed my hands on his arms as I took in his touch, his body warm against mine. Daryl pulled away staring into my eyes, his thumb rubbing against my soft skin. He kissed me against softly and quickly, then again, the kisses becoming more and more intense each time. Daryl scooped me up off the ground and carried me inside, and up the stairs, I giggled softly as he bumped into the wall, my foot hitting it. "Shh! Shh." I whispered as he smirked. He pushed my side against the door and I used my left hand to open the door. The door creaking as we snuck in, he closed it as best as he possibly could before plopping me on the bed, I smiled from ear to ear as he crawled onto the bed in between my legs, his lips meeting mine filling each-other's empty space.

I laid against Daryl's bare chest as he played through my hair, my fingers fiddled on his chest in a tapping motion as I hummed to a song I had came up with in my head. Daryl was eventually fast asleep, his breathes slow and steady.

"Maybe it was all just a daydream
Mirage of water in a dessert land
Starin' out the window in the classroom
Imaginin' us hand and hand."

I crawled off the bed and walked over to the dresser sitting against the wall, I opened the first drew and took out a couple shirts that sat on top of what I was searching for. There sat with a old tape, one Negan had taken from Alexandria long ago. It had my named taped across of it with black ink, it was barely recognizable but it was there. I flipped it over and over until I finally popped it into the camera that sat in the drew and hit the play button. It was back home, on that couch we first sat on when we had arrived.

"What's your name?" Deanna asked. "Beth." I said looking up at the camera in front of me. The camera shifted slightly as it focused on me. "Hi Beth, I'm just gonna ask you a couple questions.. okay?" She said. I watched my past self nod her head as she looked around the room, I had just taken a shower before this video, my hair was nicely washed, clothing clean. "How long have you been out there?" She asked. "Awhile now, longer then I can count, we've been looking for somewhere to stay, to live.. I can't remember the last time we were somewhere.." I paused. "Safe." I then said looking past the camera. "This is a safe place, and we'd like to make it yours.. what did you do before all of this?" She asked the old me. "I-I was working part time at the vet with my dad, I had just finished high school early.. so I was getting ready to go to college." she had said as I fiddling with my fingers. "Your dad.. did you lose him?" Deanna asked. "Uh.." my voice broke, I could see that I was about to cry, my eyes were glass in the small frame. "Yeah.. I did." She had admitted. "And how did that make you feel?" Deanna asked. The old me shifted again, moving my hair from in front of my face. "How else would it make me feel?" She asked. "Angry? Vengeful? Sad? Scared?" Deanna began listing. "I was angry, and sad.. mostly just afraid." She said. "How did he die? What about it made you angry?" She asked. "Bad people.. a man.. we ran into the wrong group of people and, well we couldn't coexist. He, uh.. he mutilated him, with a sword. He killed others.. people from our group, and we lost our home. That's why we were out there again." She said quickly wiping my face. "I'm so sorry Beth.. I know that must've been difficult for you." she politely said. "Thank you.." I whispered. "Just a few more questions.. have you ever killed someone?" She asked

"Yes." I had said out loud to myself before allowing my past self to speak.

"No.." she paused. "I've killed walkers, but not.. people, I've tried too, but never really done it with them before my eyes." She had said now looking directly at the camera. "That's good, that's all I needed from you Beth." Deanna said before shutting the camera off and the small frame going black.

"What was that?" Daryl mumbled as he rolled over on his side. "Nothing." I had said taking the tape out of the camera and shoving it in the drew. Daryl stretched his arms as he looked me over. I started to smile slightly as I looked at him. "What?" He mumbled. "Do you remember that time you prepared breakfast, back at that funeral home? You had pickled eggs or some crap, with peanut butter, and green beans and coca-Cola. It was absolutely disgusting." I said chuckling, Daryl smirked as he sat up off the bed. "I remember." He mumbled. "I also remember havin' to carry you." He said running his hands through his hair adjusting it. "You choose too." I said swaying over to him and laying sitting beside him. "Things was much simpler then." He admitted. "It was.." I whispered. "It was just us, no people to worry about, no responsibilities, nothin' just you and me, a jar of pigs feet by the way.. and some pop and jars of peanut butter." He said childishly. I looked up at him and tilted my head. "What you tryna' say?" I asked him. "Iono.." he mumbled. "Daryl." I said. He shrugged his shoulders then leaned back laying on the bed. "Just.. maybe it would be better if we went away for awhile, just me and you, yah' know?" He stared up at the ceiling placing his arms underneath his head. "Daryl.." I whispered. "I know.. I know." He quickly splat out. "You got shit here, leading and all that.. it was just a silly idea." He rolled over on his side facing the wall, I laid down beside him on my back my head turnt to look at him. "Okay." I said. "Hm?" He mumbled. "Okay." I repeated. "Let's go for awhile." I said waiting for him to turn to look at me, which he did, he slowly rolled back over his eyes locking on to mine. "You serious?" He asked. I nodded my head "mmhm." I mumbled. "Alright." He tried to fight back a smile as he stared at me.