31

Suggested Music:(Bottom of The Deep Blue Sea- Missio)"The sweet surrender of silence forces me to live alone, locked and loaded where there is peace of mind, I'll wait on you in the deep blue sea"

Suggested Music:
(Bottom of The Deep Blue Sea- Missio)
"The sweet surrender of silence forces me to live alone, locked and loaded where there is peace of mind, I'll wait on you in the deep blue sea"

DARYLS POV:
Daryl sat outside the RV making bolts for whenever Beth returned with his crossbow, he almost missed it as much as he missed her. The day had been quiet, people tend to whisper now.. Daryl watched a group of people talking, they had all looked at him once and when they noticed he was looking right back they separated and continued to work on whatever they were assigned to work on. Enid noticed there stares and headed over to Daryl she stood beside them watching the individuals. "I don't understand how this separated our people.. such a lose should've made us stronger." She whispered. "They want revenge, we can't blame them for that.." Daryl responded. "We can't give them that either, it's not fair... we've all suffered, but we aren't going around picking a fight because of it." She said crossing her arms. "Yeah well.. ain't nothing stopping it." Daryl mumbled. "When Beth gets back, I think she'll be able to find a solution.. people have been asking, about her.. there starting to question who's in power and who isn't." Enid told Daryl.
Daryl stopped sharpening the wood and looked up at the girl. "That's what they've been sayin'?" He asked. "Yeah.. I'm worried Daryl. They trusted Beth, and now she's not hear to speak for them, they are afraid the other communities will allow Hilltop to go down in the fight." She proceeded to say. "It won't." Daryl told her. "Will it? Think about it.. ain't nothing Hilltop has the other communities don't, Maggie's gone, Jesus is gone, Beths gone. It doesn't have a leader, not one the people chosen. Tara is from Alexandria, I'm from Alexandria, you, and Aaron, and when the time comes.. if Hilltop goes down, we will have a bed to sleep in, a shower to bathe, somewhere to call home. The people here won't, they'll lose everything they have fought for." Enid told him. "They have every reason to be afraid." She added. Daryl couldn't disagree with her, she was right.. They did have Alexandria, and that's what made them different from the people at Hilltop.

Hilltop is all they have hade, and they had every right to be scared to lose it. "Then we show them this is our home too, we will fight for hilltop like we would fight for Alexandria." Daryl proposed. Enid nodded her head at his response, she gave him a small smile before heading inside her trailer. Daryl glanced back at the people, one of the men was listening to their conversation, he smiled slightly as he nodded his head at Daryl. Daryl nodded his head back to the man as he continued to sharpen the bolts he was making. Beside Daryl was tally marks, marks he made everyday that Beth had been gone, he put another three down.

He stared at the tallies for a minute before scratching them completely out, he through the knife into the ground and headed towards the trailer he had moved himself into while Beth was away, he felt weird sleeping in her bed without her in it. It made him feel lonely and Daryl hated that feeling. He was afraid to admit it, but when she wasn't around, it gave him a empty feeling, as if a large part of his was missing. And it was, half of him had her name written all over it.