Chapter 14: Injections & Information

"Screwing up cause it's cool, we love it, so don't judge it, in my shirt pocket I was keeping 100."

-Riot!, Cher Lloyd

[A/N: sorry for all the Cher Lloyd, I truly have a problem. No more, I swear!]

Not knowing what else to do, I ring the doorbell to the mansion. I guess it would be kind of pointless to enter from anywhere else.

Suddenly, the door swings open and I recognize the the person immediately. Jace Mallory, the leader of the whole operation. He looks exactly the same from the photo, but his clothes are different. Same eyes, same short blonde hair. But he's wearing a thin, tight long sleeve shirt and jeans.

He smiles at me, looking me over.

"Hey," he greets with a naturally mischievous tone. "You need something?" He asks, giving me a charming smile. I give him a bored look, trying to overcome my frustration. Sorry, I was just kidnapped, slapped across the face, and woke up on your roof. Not to mention having to climb down. So yeah, I would say I need a lot of things. Mainly some good luck!

"Yeah," I reply, trying to remember what Batman told us to say. "I heard you run an advertising business." His smile disappears into a much more serious look. He opens the door fully to reveal most of the house.

The entryway may be small, but as far as the eye can see, this whole floor is pretty huge. They have a gigantic living room on my right, including a huge flat screen TV and long couch. On my left is a dining room table with a kitchen. Beyond are even more rooms. On the wall in the living room is a stairway leading up.

"Your the last one to arrive, why?" He asks, genially curiously. I open my mouth to respond, but I'm not exactly sure what to say. What did happen exactly? Better yet, what would Zenaida River say? Well, she's an assassin since she's the rep for The League of Shadows. So...

"I was doing a job, something went wrong." When he gives me a confused look, I sneer and add, "Stupid interrogations. I tried to lie and say I didn't kill him. They just wouldn't believe me."

"Ah." I hear hard footsteps and I turn to see someone walk down the stairs towards us. It's Superboy, dressed in a hoodie with the hood over his head and long, baggy jeans. He stops when he sees me, but shakes his head.

"Jace," he says. "Who's that? Another one of your girls?" Jace laughs lightly, sliding his hand onto my hip. The gesture makes me uncomfortable, but I need to remain calm.

"Ha, no. Nope she's the last rep to arrive. Calvin, this is..." He leaves his words hanging in the air, waiting for me to answer.

"Zenaida River." I answer confidently, straightening my back.

"It's okay." He replies, shrugging. "I think I'll just call you Zen." I'm about to ask what makes him think he can just shorten my name like that, when he interrupts.

"Wha'd you want again, Cal?" Jace asks almost angrily, glancing at Superboy. He gestures to his left, as if there's some kind of invisible room in the middle of the living room.

"It's time for the injections." Jace frowns, flexing his arm and making sure I'm looking at him.

"Already?" He asks, frowning. "But I already feel so powerful." Superboy rolls his eyes, something I'd expect him to do regularly.

"Come on show-off." He says, walking over to the stairs. Jace drops his hand from my hip and gestures for me to follow him.

We walk from the entry room, to the carpeted living room, which is smaller than I though it was. There's a coffee table in front of the couch with four TV remotes and Xbox controllers. I've never had a flatscreen TV or abs Xbox. All I really had, and have, is my phone and music.