15. Confession

~Valentina/ Hunter~

~Valentina/ Hunter~

"Dumbo?"

"Tater tot...I'm sorry."

"It's al-"

"No. It's not alright. I shouldn't have just stopped talking to you. It was a dick move especially when you don't know why. I shouldn't have cut you off like that."

"And it took you a month to realize this huh?"

"I'm sorry Tater Tot. Will you forgive me?"

"Hmm.."

"I'll do anything. I'll be your humble servant for the day."

"A whole day?"

"I did say that didn't I?.... I don't like the way you're laughing."

"Alright alright. But Hunter...."

"Yeah?"

"I've forgiven you long ago."

"What? But I'm a j-"

"Shut up. Yes, it was a dick move to cut me off for a whole damn month. You didn't even offer a reason for that but I get it. If something happened in my life, I would've done something similar. But I would've at least given you a heads up. You know like yo, Dumbo the stupid jelly bean, I have some stuff to take care off so I might not be able to call you. Then, at least I would be more prepared."

"I know. I'm really sorry. C-can I tell you something?"

"Of course. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to. You just tend to forget that."

"My dad... he passed away when I was ten. He was my rock you know? I looked up to him, and to have him suddenly go away like that... especially when I was only a kid. My mom lost herself that day. She would barely eat and sleep for the first week. She took up two jobs and worked throughout the whole damn day and barely have enough sleep. And don't even get me started on my fucking brother. Did he know that Mom was struggling and I was trying to hold her together? Hold us together? Yes he knew. Did he do anything about it? Of course he fucking didn't. Instead he and his best friend would go out and party all night, only coming back home in the early morning drunk out of his ass. We would constantly get into arguments and I'm just. I'm so done you know? All these years, I had to watch my mom struggle to pay off the bills and watch my fucking brother do nothing to help."

"I'm not going to say I'm sorry because I've never experienced what you've went through and it doesn't help anyway. But Hunter, you're one of the strongest people I know and I admire you for that. Don't give up, especially when you've come so far and worked so hard. Give a good kick in the balls to that brother of yours too. Maybe that'll knock some sense up his brain."

"Somehow you always tend to make me laugh when I'm not in the mood for it. Thank you Tater Tot."

"No problem, Dumbo. Just remember that I'm here for you."

"What will I ever do without you in my life."

"Now you're just trying to make things cheesy."

"Sorry I couldn't help it."

"Hey I have a question."

"Shoot. Not literally please."

"Dumbo. Okay but...what is your brother's name?"

"Why? ARE YOU GOING TO CHEAT ON ME?!"

"What the fuck? You have gone insane. Stop yelling into the phone! Jesus christ. And we're not even in a relationship!"

"Says who?"

".... what?"

"Felix."

"Huh?"

"My brother's name is Felix."

"Shit. That little shit. Talk to you later! Bye!"

"Wait! Tater Tot?"