20. Tragedy

~ Valentina / Hunter ~

"I think you should really punch my brother more often."

"Did he finally get his shit together?"

"Surprisingly yes. He actually got a job today at the local market. Said even your brother joined him."

"That's true. Those two are attached at the hips even using a chainsaw to separate them would be near impossible."

"Haha. Where are you now?"

"I'm going to the library to pick up a book I had on hold. You still working?"

"Yep, but I'll be off in a few hours. You want me to stop by your house?"

"Are you stopping by for Loki or for me?"

"For my Tater Tot obviously. Loki comes second....maybe."

"Wow, I probably shouldn't have told you I have a dog."

"Did you just quote me from when we first met?"

"What do you think, Dumbo?"

"Alright alright. Of course I'm coming for my beautiful girlfriend and her cute and very fluffy dog. They are a whole damn package."

"You're such a sweet talker."

"You know you love it babe."

"Yeah yeah," Valentina shook her head at her boyfriend with a smile on her face. He always knew the exact words to say to make her heart flutter. Just at that moment, her vision started to tunnel and she groaned in frustration. Come on, not now.

"Babe, you all right?" The sound of Hunter's worried voice came through the speaker and she blinked heavily, trying to shake it off.

"Yeah, my vision is starting to blur for a moment."

"Okay, go sit down somewhere and wait until it clears. Don't go walking when you can't see, who knows what will happen."

"I'm almost at the library anyway. It's just across the street." Valentina saw the flash of green light, and she stepped onto the crosswalk.

Just then, a loud honking and the screech of tires sounded to her right. She squinted, trying to hurry across the street. However, luck wasn't on her side as a large force crashed into her side, flinging the phone that was in her hands a few feet away.

She couldn't hear anything but the whistling in her ear, droning on and on. She could see silhouettes of people calling out frantically but she couldn't hear them. Pain drummed throughout her body but it was most painful in her head.

Black dotted across her blurred vision and as the piercing sound of sirens sounded in the distance, she closed her eyes and gave into the darkness.

** 

So that happened. What's gonna happen next? Guess you'll have to wait and find out! ^.^