Extra

"Hey Tater Tot

"Hey Tater Tot." Valentina looked up and squinted, making out the familiar figure standing in front of the doorway. They walked toward each other, engulfing the other in their arms. After so many years, their love was still as refreshing as a flower's first bloom. 

"No PDA in the house, Dad." They broke apart and smiled at Asher who stood leaning against the hallway, munching an apple. He had grown into a fins young man, a replica of his father when he was the same age. A definite charmer and smiles just as breathtaking. 

He raised an eyebrow as his dad rolled his eyes. "It's just hugging."

"That's what PDA means though. Public Display of Affection. Hugging means affection and I've seen enough to last me a lifetime." 

Valentina walked over and reached up to ruffle his hair playfully. "Wait until you get a girlfriend, you'll understand."

Asher's face twisted, "Nah, I'm happy with all the ladies." 

At the same time Hunter exclaimed, "No he won't!" Hearing what his son said, he whipped his head towards him and glared. Towering above him by a few inches, he pointed a wagging finger in his face. "No messing with the ladies. No breaking their hearts. No kissing, touching, sleeping or whatsoever." 

Asher rolled his eyes and bit into this apple obnoxiously. "Excuse you! How did I raise you, young man?!"

"Chill dad. I may or may not have a Cupcake."

Both of his parents stared at him, stupefied. "What?"

"A Cupcake," Asher responded simply and chewed his apple loudly. Hunter grabbed the apple out of his hand and tossed it into the trash bin. Asher gaped at his empty hands. 

Suddenly, Valentina squealed, the sound piercing their ears like a thousand needles. "I want to meet her!"

"Her? I though you mean an actual cupcake." 

Valentina leaned towards their son, "Dumbo definitely suits him."

Just then, their little seven year old walked out of his room, wrapped in a burrito with her favorite Flash blanket. She stared at them for a moment, blinking the bleariness away from her eyes. Without a word, she sidled up to Asher and he picked her up. 

"Is that my blanket?"

"No," Little Elise mumbled.

"I think it is! You twat!" 

"Uncle Matt gave this to me for my birthday. Yours is in the bag."

Asher stared at his little sister in confusion. "What bag?" 

She blinked up at him slowly. "The donation bag." 

"Aw fuck no!" He roughly put Elise back on her feet and down the hallway, disappearing into the last door at the end. 

"Well then." 

"I thought he wouldn't want it anymore. It's pretty worn."

Asher came back out with a scowl on his face. "Of course I want it. It's the first blanket you guys got me. I'm keeping it until the day I die." He marched into his room, most likely to stuff it in the back of his closet and forget all about it later. 

"Can we go get waffles?" Elise asked her dad as Valentina disappeared into Asher's room. 

"Right now? It's almost six." 

Elise puffed out her cheeks and glared up at her dad. "So? It's never too late for waffles. We can have it for dinner."

Hunter laughed, picking up his daughter and swinging her in the air. "Alright, why don't you go get ready and we'll go when mom and your brother comes out?" 

Elise nodded happily and ran into her room, slamming the door behind her with a loud bang. Hunter winced, he would have too remind her not to keep slamming the door, Valentina wouldn't be happy with another broken door to fix. 

****

"Where are we going?" Valentina asked as Hunter guided her forward with both hands. 

"Just wait." His voice was filled with excitement as he gently pulled her forward through the sand.It was their eighteenth anniversary. Eighteen years of their lives together besides the year they met. 

He gently led her to sit on the blanket laid out on the sand. Boxes of their favorite foods were set up: tacos, burritos, fried rice, orange chicken, and ice cream sandwiches. Taking off her blindfold, he grinned as her eyes widened in surprise. 

Laughing, she pulled him in and kissed him hard on the lips. Hunter leaned back as a lazy smile made its way onto his lips. "Well, if I get that as a reward I might as well do this everyday."

Valentina rolled her eyes and threw a chicken at him in which he expertly caught in his mouth. Silence ensued as they busied themselves with the food. 

As they laid down, Valentina's head on Hunter's chest, they looked out at the ocean in front of them. They watched with content smiles on their faces, listening to the cry of seagulls and the soft roar of waves crashing towards shore. 

"Oh yeah. Wait, close your eyes." 

"What? Why?"

"You didn't think our anniversary only consists of a dinner do you?"

"Yeah?"

Hunter laughed and brought out the large gift in his hand. When Valentina opened her eyes she gaped. "Wait...this is-"

"Yep. The pieces of those teardrop jewels you've been receiving, put together."

Valentina shook her head as she took the large lotus flower in her hands and brought it up to the setting sun, letting the waning light shine upon its edges. "It's beautiful. I never knew all those pieces come together. Wait. You were the one who were sending those gifts?"

"Who did you think it was? Of course it was me."

"But you said it was someone else..."

Hunter shrugged casually. "I lied." He leaned over and attacked her face with kisses making her laugh and duck her head away. "Where's my present?" He pouted.

Valentina's face turned sly and she fake pondered. "Hmm... you'll have to wait until we get back."

He looked at her with interest, "Oh?"

"Mm hm." 

"Why can't it be now?"

"Because it's not here, Dumbo."

Hunter pouted, giving her the puppy look. 

"You look constipated. Even Asher does it better than you."

"I mean, he is younger and got my good looks."

"Only yours?"

Hunter smiled, bringing her back into his chest. "Ours. I meant ours."

They spent the rest of their evening at the beach, gazing up at the stars. At one point a shooting star made its way across the sky and they both made their wishes. However when they asked what the other wished for, they refused to answer. 

They already had everything they ever wanted and they both wished to live the rest of their life happy with the other by their side.