22. Going Home

Two weeks

Two weeks. Three hundred thirty six hours. That's how long Hunter had refused to leave her side. Despite his brother's threats, he had only shrugged him off and continued watching her for any signs of consciousness. Dark bags were prominent against his pale skin. His hair was in a disarray mop on his head from the countless times he had ran his hands through it. He probably stank but he could care less. The longer Valentina laid in bed, the worse his mood soured.

The door opened and the nurse came in with a clipboard. She gave him a look and he glared. "What the hell are you looking at?" She shook her head at him in disapproval.

"Go home kid. She's not waking up anytime soon."

"Yes she is." Hunter glared daggers into the nurse's back as she looked at the machines and recorded down the information. She will wake up. She had to.

With another glance at him, the nurse walked out the door. He could hear her talking with someone outside but he paid no heed as he reached out and brushed a piece of hair away from her forehead.

"Everyone is worried about you." He took a hold of her limp hand. "I miss you, Tater Tot." He brought her hand to his mouth and placed a kiss on each finger as he took in a shaky breath.

The door opened a second time and Matt and Felix stepped through the door. They eyed Hunter warily and simultaneously sighed. Felix walked toward his little brother's hunched figure. Placing a hand on his shoulder for silent support, he looked at the girl who had made his brother turn into a lovesick fool.

Matt walked toward his sister who laid so deathly pale on the bed. He went to her other side, sitting down on the edge of her bed. "Hey sis." He grabbed her other hand as tears gathered in his eyes.

"I almost got fired today." He let out a breathy chuckle. "I can just imagine you yelling and cursing ten thousand different names at me." Felix shook his head as a sad smile made its way to his lips.

"You're probably wondering what I did, huh? You know how I can't tolerate annoying kids? Well there was this kid who was whining and crying for his other to buy him a candy bar. He even went as far to throwing one at me so I got a book and threw it back at him. So you can imagine how that turned out." They laughed silently, even Hunter cracked a smile.

They sat in silence for a while. Hunter staring at Valentina, Matt looking up at the ceiling, and Felix twiddling his thumbs. They looked up as the nurse from before popped her head back in.

"Visiting time's over, boys." They got up to leave but Hunter made no move to get up.

"Please get him out too." They turned back to him and shared a look. Last time they tried dragging him out, Matt had ended up with a black eye and Felix almost lost his balls. Matt had told him that he couldn't punch the future brother-in-law but Hunter just pushed him out of the room along with Felix.

"Hey, bro. Let's go home for a bit?" Felix slowly approached him. Hunter made no response but a crack of his knuckles. They gulped.

"Come on, Hunter. Go get yourself freshened up and then you can come back straight away alright?" Matt attempted to convince him as he and Felix edged closer.

"No."

"What if she wakes up and sees your ugly unwashed face? What if you kiss her and she says you have bad breath?" Felix asked bluntly and Matt winced as he took a step back. However instead of leaping up and punching his brother in the face, Hunter looked up with uncertainty.

"Really?"

Matt nodded his head quickly. "Yeah. We'll promise to take you back right after."

"Promise?"

Felix dragged his brother up by the shoulders, pushing him towards the door. "Yes. Now lets go." His voice held a hint of annoyance.

"Wait." They held back a groan as Hunter walked back to the bed. Leaning down, he placed a kiss on Valentina's forehead. "I'll see you later."

**

Hunter you stink XD

Remember to vote and comment your thoughts <3