Chapter 40: Deku

Todoroki: 4, 125
Bakugo: 3,456
Midoriya: 581
Tokoyami: 360
Iida: 301
Kaminari: 272
Yaoyorozu: 108
Kirishima: 68
Uraraka: 20
Sero: 14

"There's typically more of a spread. But the top 2 stole most of the spotlight." Aizawa told them.

"Gah! There in a whole other league!"
"These pro heroes have no eyes for talent!" Kaminari and Aoyama commented.

"Didn't they get the first and second backwards?" Kirishima joked. "I guess they were just scared to the one who was chained in the winners' stand." Sero replied.

"WHAT THE HECK ARE THE PROS DOING GETTING INTIMIDATED?!?!?!" Katsuki yelled.

"Well done, as always, Todoroki." Yaoyorozu told him. "It's mostly because of my father's influences." Todoroki replied bitterly.

"Woaaahhhh!!!" Uraraka cried. She shakes Iida violently. "Yes. Yes. Yes." Iida replied.

"With that settled, whether you get picked or not, you will be given a chance to work with the pros. It's true that you have experienced more than that but seeing a pro in action yourselves, at your side, is still worthy." Aizawa told them.

"That is where our hero names come in!" Sato smiled. "This is getting fun!" Uraraka chirped.

"They're still temporary but you might want to pick something appropriate." Aizawa reminded his students. "Or else you'll experience true hell!!!" Midnight appeared.

"The name you pick now, might be the name the whole world calls you. It happens a lot to the pro heroes." Midnight had her arms on her nape.

Mineta started drooling, noticing that her body suit is a really thin kind of body suit. Her boobs and ass is almost showing.

"Yes, true enough. Midnight will be here to assist you with your hero names... that I am not good at. What can you see in the future for yourselves? The name you choose will bring you closer to that image. Because the names are capable to reflect one's true character." Aizawa reminded his students. He got his yellow sleeping bag and slept in the side of the classroom.

Each of them was given a whiteboard and a marker. After 15 minutes, only a few had chosen their names.

"Let's finish this up! Everyone who is ready with their hero names, you can already start." Midnight informed them.

Aoyama went up first. "Here I go... Shining Hero: I cannot stop twinkling!!!" Aoyama smiled. "It's a whole sentence?!" The whole class exclaimed.

"It would be easier to say if you remove 'I' and contract 'cannot' to 'can't'." Midnight told him. "I see, mademoiselle." Aoyama took his seat.

Ashido stood up. "Okay, I'm next. Call me Alien Queen!" She chirped. "From the sequel?! Is it because her blood was super acidic?! That's terrible!!!" Midnight replied with a bad feedback.

"Can I go next?" Tsuyu raised her hand. Midnight nods. "I have this thought out since elementary school. Call me Froppy." She told the class. "So cute! It makes you sound like you'd be easy to get to know." Midnight smiled.

"Froppy! Froppy!" The whole class cheered.

"This is me... Red Riot!" Kirishima smiled. "Red Riot! Hmm... could this be an homage to the Chivalrous Hero: Crimson Riot?" Midnight asked. "Right! I know he's back in the day but he's the hero I wanted to be." Kirishima finished. "Heheh... just knowing that the origin of your hero name came from your personal hero comes with a lot of pressure." Midnight told him. "I'm ready for that!" Kirishima smiled.

"Agh... I still can't think of anything!" Kaminari pouted. "Hey, how about 'Jamming Yayyy'?" Jirou tapped his shoulder. "Wow! Like an homage to Hemingway who wrote 'A farewell to arms'? That's clever!" Kaminari smiled. "Nope! Because you're so strong but you still- pfffttt- say 'yayy'!" Jirou laughed. "Stop messing with me, Jirou!!!" Kaminari pouted.

Jirou stood up. "Hearing hero: Earphone Jack!"
"Tentacle hero: Tentacole."
"Taping hero: Cellophane!"
"Martial Arts hero: Tail man!"
"Sweets hero: Sugar man."
"Pinky!!!"
"Stun Gun hero: Chargebolt!"
"Stealth hero: Invisible girl!"
"You're all doing great! Let's keep 'em commin'!" Midnight was happy with their hero names.
"Everything hero: Creati."
"Shoto..."
"Really? Only your name?"
"Yes..."
"Jet-black hero: Tsukuyomi."
"Fresh-picked hero: Grape Juice!"
"Petting hero: Anima."
"King Explosion Murderer."
"Not good, try again!"
"Uravity..."

"This went on smoothly than I excepted. All that's left is Bakugo's revision, Iida, and Midoriya." Midnight sighed.

Iida remembered his brother, Tensei.
"Yesterday... I didn't know how to break this to you but... I lost all my feelings in my legs." Tensei told his brother. "W-what?! No way!"

"My life as... Ingenium... as a hero... is over, I think."
"No! You still have so many people to save and inspire, brother!"
"My name... inherit my mantle..."
"No! I do not accept it!"
"I don't like it either... but if you're willing..."

"Tenya..."
"Your name too?" Midnight was disappointed.

Midoriya thought. I have thought of names in homage to All Might's. But now, since I can't really use those... because I have inherited One for All and I'm still far from managing all the percentage... I have to think of another name.

He stood up. He walked to the front of the classroom. He showed the whiteboard.

"Deku..."

^^^^^^^^^^

I'm still alive!!!
I have to deal with some school and storage stuff. Also, I made a oneshot book. If you know Bungou Stray Dogs, please read it.
https://my.w.tt/08cnUQZvBS

Expect me to be active a week from now. Thanks for reading my book!