Chapter 43: Izuku, Katsuki, and Mei

Izuku woke up. He opened his eyes to see what time it is. But, when he opened them, he felt something. "Tears?" Izuku wiped the tears from his eyes. "Why am I crying?" He asked himself again. "Oh... maybe because of my dream..." Izuku looked at down.

Izuku cried. "Will I really end up like me in my dream?" He cried. He sobbed until he felt someone knocked at the door. Izuku quickly rubbed his eyes. "May we come in?" A female voice asked him. But, before he could respond, Katsuki opened the door. "Hey Bakugo, don't be rude!" Hatsume followed. "Tch, he wouldn't mind if I broke in." Katsuki sat down beside Izuku.

"Good morning Midoriya!" Hatsume chirped. "M-morning Hatsume." Midoriya smiled gloomily. "Hmm, is something bothering, you Midoriya?" Hatsume asked him. Izuku looked at his friend. His eyes seemed to be gloomy too. "N-no. Nothing's bothering me." He smiled. "Are you sure? You seemed to be worrying about something." Hatsume questioned him, again. "I-i'm fine, r-really. You shouldn't be worried about me so b-badly." Izuku placed his hand over Hatsume's head. "I'm fine." He smiled.

I'm gonna die soon. I can't do anything about it... except for one thing... but if I did that... there's no telling if... I'll live longer... or... if I'll die earlier... Izuku thought. "You're thinkin' 'bout somethin', right?" Katsuki broke off Izuku's trance. Izuku stared at him in shock. "I guess you figured me out already. Was I that easy to read?" Izuku asked his friend.

"Nope. Not at all. It's just that you became a weirdo that likes to feel soft, fluffy things whenever you are stressed about something." Katsuki stood up and went closer to Izuku's face. "You're thinking about doing it, right?" He went into his serious mood. Izuku looked in surprise. "Y-yes. I-i mean I can d-do that. I-it will j-just take t-time, m-money, and-"
"Your life is at risk y'know." Katsuki cut Izuku. "I know that!" Izuku cried. "But, this is my only chance to live! If I won't do this, I-i can die! There is still a p-possibility that I will survive!" Izuku continued. "The hospitals t-these d-days are s-somewhat high-tech! L-lots of p-patients have undergone these kind of things, and t-they survived!" He cried. Hatsume was confused. She wanted to ask what is it that they're arguing about but she doesn't want to get involved if this arguement became bigger. "Yeah sure, they survived but... some didn't." Katsuki told Izuku. "What do you mean 'some didn't'?" Izuku asked him. "Some didn't survive. It's a 5050 percent chance. You aren't sure if you'll survive. It's a battlefield between death and life in your body right now. If you undergo that thing, that battlefield will become unbalanced. Life might win and death might loose. But, death might also win. Are you sure you want to do that?" Katsuki started to tear.

"Kacchan, I-i... I'm not sure..." Izuku told him. That is when Hatsume jumped in. "Heeyyy, I'm still here! Don't you go argue about something that I'm not informed of. So, Midoriya, what is it that you're planning to do?" Hatsume asked patient. "Surgery." Izuku told her silently. "What? I didn't quite hear you. You have to speak up." Hatsume smiled. "I'm planning to have surgery." Izuku cried.

"S-surgery?!" Hatsume backed a little. "Yeah. Apparently, Kacchan doesn't want me to have that." Izuku smiled, even though it's hard to smile at the condition they're in right now. "You shouldn't go make up your mind just yet. You need your parents guidance." Hatsume reminded Izuku. "Not 'parents', it's only 'parent'." Izuku informed Hatsume. Hatsume gasped. "You mean... one of your parents died?" She cried. "My father went missing. Or at least... that is what my mother told me. I don't really know what happened. My mother doesn't want to talk about my father." Izuku told Hatsume.

Hatsume cried. "That is how sad your life is? I can't even imagine the pain you've been through." Izuku looked at Hatsume. He held her face and wiped her tears away. "Don't worry about me." He smiled. Hatsume, seeing how Izuku smile, also smiled. "Now, let's call your mom. She must know what you're planning." Hatsume handed Izuku's cell phone to him.

"Good morning mom. Y-yes I'm fine. Mom, can you come to my room today? Yes please. Okay, goodbye." Izuku talked to his mom. "It's over already?" Hatsume asked. "Yeah. Is it too short for you?" Izuku asked Hatsume. "No, no, no. I'm just asking." Hatsume replied.

Suddenly, Katsuki's phone started ringing. "It's old hag. Be right back." Katsuki said as he exited the room. "'Old hag'?" Hatsume asked Izuku. "That is what he calls his mom. They have a harsh family relationship." Izuku smiled nervously.

"I KNOW THAT, OLD HAG!!! OF FUCKING COURSE HE'S WITH ME!!! SURE, DON'T CALL MY FUCKING PHONE AGAIN!!!" They heard Katsuki shout at the hallways. "They do have a harsh family relationship." Hatsume told Izuku. Katsuki opened the door afterwards. "Sorry about that. Old hag always piss me off." Katsuki sighed.

Hatsume stood. "I forgot to give you this." She said as she opened her bag and started to find something. As soon as she finished, she gave a gift to Izuku. "Merry Christmas!" She exclaimed. "Open it now! I'm sure you'll like it!" Hatsume gave Izuku a small gift. About 3 by 4 inches. It was clear that a piece of paper was inside... or probably money.

Izuku unwrapped the gift. "W-what is this?!" Izuku asked Hatsume. "Sooo, I stole a picture of Bakugo kissing Midoriya in Recovery Girl's office." Hatsume chirped. Katsuki looked pissed. "W-why you little fuck..." He began to chase Hatsume. "Well, gotta run for my life now!" Said Hatsume. She ran out of the room as fast as she can and entered the woman's bathroom.

"You can't get me in here!" Hatsume texted in their group chat. Hatsume made that group chat. Only Hatsume, Katsuki, and Izuku were in that group chat. "Why you little fuck!" Katsuki texted. "Hahaha! You can't get me now!"
"I'll kill you once I get my hands on you!!!"
"Just try entering the woman's bathroom!"

Izuku laughed at their messages. But, he questioned himself were Hatsume took the picture. "I'll ask her later." Izuku sighed.