Chapter 4 - Taking Cover

What can possibly take you by surprise ?? *wink wink* 

--------------------------------------------------------

''Woo'' you said. '' I am full ! Dinner's next'' you made a small pause.

''It's really pretty out here, don't you think ?'' Jason nodded, both of you looking in the distance.

''It's also perfect for my job ! Although I might have to play dirty if it doesn't pay off'' you said.

Jason turned to face you as if asking why. '' I am a photographer, at the moment'' you replied shadowing your eyes with your palm so you could face him without having the sun in your eyes.    ''I usually capture lovely landscapes and forest animals, small town sceneries...but if need be I could sell some pictures of your 'achievements' for the right price. Girl's gotta eat''. Jason made no comment but he was glad his hunting won't be getting between the two of you.

You stand up and Jason with you.''Nah, that is very kind of you but I know the way.I just need a nap.'' you said taking the leftovers with you. Jason finally 'spoke'

~No. Come.~ He started walking the opposite direction of his shed but as deep into the forest. You follow him curiously and quickening your step, since Jason, other than being a lot taller was a lot faster than you and you did not want to lose track of him in the thick sea of trees.

Jason leads you to a cabin, but its inaccessible location has left it abandoned, although renovated. He steps on the front porch as your eyes fall on the plaque ''Campground Owner's Cabin'' He opens the unlocked door to reveal a luxurious but dusty interior, suitable for both summer and winter but was of no use anymore since the ownership passed on to the town itself.

''I'll better get started !'' you exclaimed as you ran inside.. ''What ? There's an interior balcony too ?'' you said astonished. Jason followed you with his eyes as you jolted happilly around the room. You proceeded to open all the windows,uncover all the furniture. Jason walked pass you to the window. He tapped on the glass,which got yor attention and looked at you. ''What ?'' you asked as you approached him by the window. You looked at were his finger was pointing and you could faintly see his shed hidden in the trees. ''Awww, we're neighbors !'' you said with a light clap of your hands. Jason tilted his head. He could not understand your excitement but he did not mind it either. In fact he had hoped you'd be happy about that fact, since living  with him was way too personal. But is that why you were also happy ? Was it because you wanted to keep him at a distance like everyone else had to before ? That question confused him,making him angry. He storms out of the cabin slamming the door. Baffled for a minute, you sigh.

''Must be a mood swing...I should watch out for those'' you mumbled .''Let's get to work.''

You made your way upstairs. You take the sheets out to let all the dust clear off. You head to the bathroom. You turned on and off the lights and taps,thankfully all working.It definatelly needed cleaning since it was going to be used soon. You check each cabinet and finally found the cleaning products. You start mopping and scrubbing. After some time you finish cleaning the toilet seat and decide to take a break before mopping the rest of the cabin, by moving some more of your stuff in. You laso decide to change clothes (and finally wear underwear and shoes) before heading outside.

As you were closing the door you noticed the leftovers on the dining table and took them with you. You headed to Jason's shed and pushed the door to open further. You saw him sitting on a stool working on something, he had not noticed you. Although causiously, you touch him lightly on the shoulder. Jason jumped up startled,the masked man ready to cut you open with his machete.

''Hey ! Hey ! Jason ! It's (Y/N) !'' you yelled. He lowered his machete.

''You forgot this at my place !'' you said, handing him over the meal wrapped in tinfoil you had taken from the campsight. ''What ? Think I was gonna let you starve ?'' you raised an eyebrow. ''It's the least I can do for now.'' you continued. '' I'm just gonna get these stuff out of your way...'' you said heading outside with the bag over your shoulder. You turn you head on last time to see Jason standing still witht the package in hand. ''What do you want on the menu starting from tomorrow ?'' you asked. ~NOT. FISH.~ came the answer that made you huff out a laugh ''Copy that'' you said and left, thinking that Jason must have had A LOT of fish since all his time is spent here.

You returned to your new home and resumed the cleaning by taking the sheets back inside and making the bed. You headed once more to the bathroom to finish the tub. Sadly you ran out of product,which you mentally added to the list of things to buy along with food. For the both of you. You thought of him as a friend. A cold blooded killer, a friend ? 

NO. You scolded yourself. It was a necessity, he was back to his human form -though immortal(?)-,if you were gonna be neighbors, you needed food. That's it. Plus what were you gonna do with a demon,exacly ? You had not really thought that through.''I'll think of something'' you told yourself.'' I just have to make sure I'm in his good graces'' you finally said.

While you had still some energy left,you headed back to your car,the corpse of the dead girl starting to smell. You opened the trunk and got your equipment, including your laptop and headed back.You went back put your bags down into the living room and shook the dust off the sofa and laid down on it with a heavy sigh. Suddenly your eyes felt heavy and you drifted into a deep sleep. When slamming window woke you up,it was dark outside.

You stood up to close the windows as the air grew chilly. After all, it was September. After a moment of silence you heard your stomach growl loudly. You had to eat something. The thing was, you gave all the rest to Jason earlier today. He is after all, a big man. You doupted the fish would be enough for him but it's better than nothing. You went back to the camp to scavenge for food left by the dead campers along with your camera.

You searched all the fridges and cabinets for food and starte munching about on chips and drinking from a soda bottle. When you finished, you washed your hands in the sink and started photographing thed dead bodies. These would make a great amount for selling them to a journalist or blog. When you had finished with the last cabin -careful not to leave any footsteps. As you were about to open the door Jason stood right behind it making you scream and slam the door on his masked face. He pushed open once again. As you attempted to run he streched his arms out like a zombie and wrapped you with one hand and the other on your mouth to muffle your screaming. Your legs wiggled in the air for a while before him getting into a closet back-first, holding you close to him so you both could fit.

You lightly patted the hand over your mouth ''Ok...OK... I get it !'' you whisper to him once your mouth is free.''What is-'' you almost asked when you hear a loud police siren as you see the lights from the crack of the closet. He was protecting you. You hear several police officers giving instructions to medics about taking the bodies. Suddenly, you hear one of them enter the cabin you were in. You hear his steps getting louder causing you to involuntarily back into Jason's chest. The police officer was now in view,shining his flashlight in the dark corners of the room.

Your heart was racing and sweat started to form in your palms, pressing further against Jason,but not enough to hurt him. When the officer's flashlight shun on the closet,you held your breath. As the light was shinning straight to your face, the officer turned and left shouting ''All clear'' to his partners. You hear them all outside, leaving you and Jason in a small closet.

 You let out a heavy exhale that interrupted. Suddenly you feel your cheeck on fire as you feel a bump poking against your back. You let go of his hand you were still holding making Jason abruptly push you off him and out of the closet,almost in panic started heading outside but you stopped him.

''Jason ! Wait ! The cops are everywere ! How do you plan to go back ?'' you whispered. Jason grabs your forearm without even looking at you.Before you could grunt in pain, you were standing in front of your house. You turn around to thank Jason but he was already gone,too far off in the forest to hear you.

--------------------------------------------------------  

OOOOH intense ! Very close and personnal ! WTF is happening ??
Cute Jason pic,wanted to share !

OOOOH intense ! Very close and personnal ! WTF is happening ??Cute Jason pic,wanted to share !