Chapter 34 - Dream

You had called the police and now they had send a few people to fix up the camp. The damage hadn't been big so the would be open in the summer. While you kept him busy doing a bit of cleaning this morning, he left to see his mother for, basically, the rest of the day . He had promised not to approach the camp while they fixed it and so he did but he didn't seem to calm down.In the meantime, you FaceTimed Debby.

''Sounds like a date to me!'' she says

''NO ! It wasn't a date !''

''Then why are you telling me this ?'' You froze for a moment.

''You don't just shoot arrows everyday in the woods ! Or witness an arsen.''

''Hmmm...maybe. How is he ?''

''His doing good. Obviously, he's got an itch for the people here,but he'll make it.Can't help but worry,though.''

''Makes sense. Try and do some Easter stuff together.'' she says flatly. 

''You think ? Kinda early isn't it ?''

''Do another picnic.''

''Can't if the weather is fuking unstable ! All it did was rain last week. We were like slugs.''

The door opens and Jason comes in and slams the door. ''Hey !'' you tell him,slightly annoyed. You take a breath and talk to him calmly. ''Jason, say hello to Debby !''

''Hi!'' Says Debby from the screen. Jason immediately perks up and seems intrigued by this new feature. He moves his hand like a wave.

''Yes, I can see you.'' Debby says and chuckles. ''OK,it was nice seeing you both however briefly! Bye!'' ''Bye !'' you say and hang up.

''I just placed the order for our seeds!'' you say trying to take his mind away.Jason understood he couldn't have everything. You stand up and put your hands on his shoulders,worried.

''Are going to be like that for long ?''

Jason did not understand. ''Really ? Did you look at yourself ? When was the last time you sat on the sofa with me ? You are constantly pacing. What's doing this ?''

~Camp.~

''Yes,they're fixing it, we talked about this.'' Jason shakes his head.

~Summer~

''Summer being close,stresses you out ?'' he nods.''There are still a couple of months for that.'' you say,now petting Cookie.''I meant to ask you something...''

Jason gathers himself and tries to pay as much attention as he can while his senses are all over the place. 

''My finals will be rushed into a week and then I got my graduation, is it okay if I leave you alone here with Cookie ? I just want it over with.'' Jason thinks about it and he agrees. He wanted to hunt with you but he knew you had priorities. 

You sit at the table and serve dinner. While Jason was in that state, you took the opportunity to study since talking with him was nearly impossible. You tell im to go take a bath and go to sleep.

 You watch a few videos on your laptop before turning it off. Jason sees you enter the room. You go over to his side.  ''Jason, everything is fine. You now how it is. Don't distance yourself like this. Give me a hug and try relaxing.'' you try to soothe him as much as possible. He gives you a hug, supercharged with anxiety. After a moment his shoulders relax. ''There.'' you say and go to sleep yourself.

You find yourself dreaming. You weren't your current self. You seemed shorter and younger. The sun is blinding you so you block it with your hands. After a while, the light and all colors start to fade. It was obviously summer and you could hear the cicadas very loudly. As you turn around you almost bump into a wooden wall of a cabin.