Chapter 30 - Happy Accident

''We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.'' ― Bob Ross

-------------------------------------

He carries them where you signal him to start. He started by vaguely forming the layout of your garden and stared making a small fence about 30cm (12 inches) high. He was pretty good at it. He was working quite fast and had accomlished much more than anticipated.

''Jason, that's ok. We aren't sure how big it's going to be. Don't do the other sides yet.'' you tell him. ''Come help us with mixing and preparing the soil.''

Cookie was playing outside with his ball when he almost stepped into the garden.''No no no!'' you say and pick the 15kg weighing dog. ''Ohmygosh you're a big boy!'' you say as he licks your face and you carry him inside.

''She's stronger than she looks, big fella'' Debby says to Jason

When inside, you make coffee and bring snacks and put it on a large rock,that made a good stand. You hand Jason a glass of orange juice with a straw.

''Didn't know you could carry him.''

''I think every dog owners goal is to be strong enough to pick up their furbaby!'' you say laughing. ''SO...How we doing,general ?''

''Very good. We are basically done. It's up to you what kind of seeds you want. Carrots,collyflower,onions,lettuce...'' she says taking a sip.

You and Jason look at each other. ''Fine by me.'' you say and Jason nods. ''Alright. I suppose our work is done here. You can get any of those seeds if you plant them this season.''

''You can stay here and leave tomorrow,you look tired.''

''No,that's--'' Debby says. ''I'll prepare the couch for you...it's all I can offer. I don't want you to get in an accident because you tried to drive for four hours with your eyes shutting.''

''Alright.I'll go clean up.''

''Come on, we'll do the same.I'll show you.''

Jason shows Debby the downstairs bathroom and gets Debby a cushion and a blanket while you make dinner. He also brings inside your stuff and the fridge. You plug it in and keep it in the kitchen,despite you not being a fan of that. You hoped it'd be temporary. You eat together at the table.

''So what about the seeds anything needing clarification ?'' you ask.

''Nah.'' she says taking a bite.'' Just give me a call, I'll come help you and tell you about the watering schedule depending on what you're growing...''

''You're the expert!''

''And you are the expert at whatever I'm eating!'' she say and winks. ''You know what Jason, I don't appreciate you stealing my cook like that,but I like you so I won't hold it against you.'' she says while pointing at him with her fork.

''I'll send you one of my pastries next month,when the fruits are better.''

''I don't know how you're not in love with her yet,my boy!'' she says. Both you and Jason glance at each other and blush,but Jason hides it with his mask. You both look the other way in embarassment. Who hoped Debby doesn't make a big deal out of this. She clears her throat. ''I'll take your word for it.You already missed my birthday!''

''Done!'' you reply a bit quickly.

As Jason is upstairs in the bathroom you and Debby have a little chat about your financial status, and how easily you can find jobs.

''Well, if things are tough, can't Jason get a job?''

''With what education,darling ?'' 

''Err....right. Carpenter maybe ? Wait, has he ever gone to school at all ?''