Chapter 23 - A Team

You wake up before Jason,for once. You get everything prepared for breakfast and decide to clean the ice skate shoe and put it in the closet. With Jason still in his slumber,you start packing without making any noise in the dark room.  once satisfyed with the few items of clothing you had packed (since most of them were for the fall),you notice the book and pick it up. You go downstairs and decide to bin it,to remind to get rid of it later. You hear Jason awaken and go make the bed,after microwaving a waffle. 

''Morning,Jason. Slept well ?'' he nods.

~Break..fast~

''Ooh! someone is talkative today! I woke up a bit earlier,everything is ready.'' you say and head to the living room together. After you've fed Cookie,you sit in your usual place,mug in hand.

''Did you use to celebrate Christmas ?''

~Pre..sents!~ Jason says enthusiastically.

''I'm not really religious but if you want,we can celebrate it. You know,get ornaments,a tree, presents! But there is one thing...'' you hesitated but you had to make sure it was clear to him.''It will be while we are in the city...are you ok with that ?''.Jason thinks then nods. He knew you were going to the city,but he hadn't realised for how long.

''Not to mention...'',you add,'' I will be taking the 3 of you! You, Cookie and your mother. We can technically stay there as long as we like...till the summer!'' Jason shakes his head furiously,clantching his fists. ''OK! BUT! We have to go back in the summer for my graduation!''

You stand up and let Cookie out for his walk/pottie and close the door. You notice the book was on the counter. ''Jason, did you take the book out of the bin ?''. Jason shakes his head. ''I am going to return it,you can come with me if you like.'' you said quite coldly. Perhaps Jason's response had upset you more than you thought.

He follows you outside and leads you back to the cave. You place the book back on the altar and leave. Cookie approaches you with something in his mouth. ''Hey, boy, what do you have here ?'' you coo at him. What drops in your hands in a gun. The very same gun Chris had.''Sheesh, is that all you could find ?'' you asked sarcastically at the four-legged cutie. ''But he was a bad boy, now al I see are good ones!''. You look at Jason as if silently begging to stay in the city longer than one moth period of your examination.As you walk back, you decide to open the cylinder. The discovery was horrifying.

''Fully loaded. This bastard did want to blow my brains out...figures.'' you scoff, low-key thanking Jason for being there right on time,that day.'' Jason,'' you said changing the topic,''Do you want to help me carry my stuff to the car ? Would you like to take something with you ?'' Jason nods as he reaches for the door.

You start packing for the day,anything that might be needed. Jason gives you some of his clothes too,from his section of the closet to putn in the suitcase. You are almost doen packing until you look at your laptop and hesitate.''Would you like to watch a movie or play a videogame ?" Jason nods. It had benn some time. Plus, for him, videogames were very educational. ''Wait...what day is it ?'' you say checking the calendar on the screen.''Shit! the deadline! Sorry,sweetie, I have something to take care of...'' you say clicking as fast as you could to find all the folders. As Jason stands to join you by your side, Cookie distracts him with some play time.

At the same time,your phone rings. You rush to pick it up.''Hello ?'' it was one of your classmates,calling you for a group project. You were in charge of the editing,so presence during shooting wasn't required.''Yes,yes. I haven't forgotten it,I am a little back on schedule but it WILL be done on time,Kathrine. Yes,Violet told me about the changes. Is the music still the same ? Ok. I'll send you the sample when it's done.Bye.'' you say as you turn around and look at Jason rolling on the floor with Cookie. He was so adorable.