Chapter 25 - Roomie

It had been sometime since you had passed the exit of Crystal Lake, so you wanted to check up on how Jason is doing since he was leaving after years. You glance at him looking out of the window,still holding onto hismother's head wrapped in a towel. Cookie was in the backseat also looking out of the windshield,his head between the two front seats.

''So..um,Jason...how are you feeling ? A bit tense ?'' he nods. ''It'll be just us but in a different house.Nothing will change,apart fromt he act that I will be busy some mornings.'' you see his shoulders relax a little.

''Have you ever thought what do you want to do there ?'' you ask him.He shakes his head. Perhaps you were brinstorming for new activities he thought,since you wanted to celebrate Christmas. ''Well, I was thinking of buying you a couple more clothes...what do you say ?''

He didn't want to be high-maintenace,but he also agreed that he needed some clothes too. Since you had no problem with that,it would be nice for him to have some clothes of his own.

~Pretty.~

''Well,of course we are going to get you pretty clothes,that fit you. Just a few more sets to change from time to time.'' You say as you turn on the radio for some music. You keep it at a low volume and continue to drive in silence.

After the first two hours passed, your legs started to get tired. You spot a gas station and stop to re-fill. You get out of the car and pace. You go over and outside Jason's window. ''Want to get out a bit ? We got another two hours till we arrive. If traffic is good,we will be there around 10.'' You tell him and leave. You open Cookie's door who jumps outside to pee. You take out the pump and get ready to go pay. ''Jason,want a snack ? Go to the bathroom maybe ?'' you ask him while grabbing your wallet. He shakes his head. ''Get in the backseat now,I'll explain.''

You pay and get everyone ready to hit the road. It was silent with some christmas jazz music faintly playing. Surprisingly,the silence wasnt awkward or anything but you felt like saying something. ''Um...have you ever wondered about where you live ?'' you ask Jason,who turns to look at you. ''You know, before the camp. Have you even looked for your house ?'' 

Jason thinks about it for a while then says no with a shake of his head.''Do you even remember it ?'' 

~A Bit~

''Oh...good. Maybe one day we could go looking for it. If nobody has bulldozed it,that is.'' Jason tilts his head. ''I mean destroyed it. Do you know how many years it has been ? It could be a park now...or a Starbucks,for that. Let's hope the fuck not.''

There silence once more. You saw a sign that meant you were getting to edge of the city. This meant it would be more busy and bright. Awkward question was soon to follow. ''Jason, I must ask you a favor...'' you look at each other through the mirror. ''I know we haven't had much time for that,nor was I going to push you but...you have to put your coat's hood on and remove your mask.''

Jason's anxiety started to rise. You felt it too. ''It's ok, I don't care what you look like righ now, just avoid getting arrested because I'm in a car with a guy that wears a mask and has a decapitated head in his hands....so please. Sit lay down and wait,sleep even.''

~It's alright, she wouldn't ask you if it wasn't necessary,sweetie.~ Of course she was here too.

Jason does as you say and lies down. Cookie who was now next to you relaxes too. You enter the main road. Due to the weather,there were  police patrols directing vehicles,shining on them ocasionally with flashlights. You had still one hour and a half till you arrive but things were going fine. 

''Jason, you alright back there ? We're close'' a deep sigh was the answer. ''You can sit back up,if you're not tired. Feels like I'm smuggling you, tehe!" you chuckled. Somehow it looked like it lifted Jason's mood at the same time. He puts his mask back on and lowers the hood. Sitting between the seats he looks at Cookie ,then at you. You still had the need for a conversation.