Chapter 6 - Settling In

Since you are going to be staying for -at leat- some time in Crystal Lake you decided to tidy up your things,empty the bags and do a bit more of cleaning here and there. Jason would presumably come to visit to pick up his luch, you were about to see how things would go from then on. You definatelly were off to a good start, soon enough he would meet your dog as worrying as the fact that weather he would recognise the man who killed his owners.

Forecast said that the weather was going to get rought so you go back to the camp occasinally to get some things left behind like wood for the fireplace in batches. You hoped Jason would eventually come around and help.Besides, it wouldn't last forever and little sticks wouldn't cut it. As the days passed, the more you made up your mind about staying.

You sigh as you keep unpacking all your things including your equipment and for the heck of it,decide to take some pictures outside. Cookie joins you going in and out of the cabin, probably to get some water or just because he felt like it.As you were alone,you took several pictures of the trees and some birds around you, other times focused on some beautiful flowers growing at the feet of the trees. The deeper you went into the forest the more beautiful it seemed to get.

As you were heading back to the cabin,you saw someone at the corner of your eye.

''Hello, Jason !'' you greeted the masked man. He was just there breathing heavily with his bloodstained machete in hand.

Your palms started sweating. Had he changed his mind ? Was he here to kill you ?

''Wanna come inside ?'' you asked kindly with a smile. Again Jason did not move. No nod, no telepathic answer. Nothing. Fear started creeping up,weighing your shoulders, pining your legs to the ground. He was sanding about 10 metres away from you,just staring. After what seemed like an eternity he turned around and left. You swallowed the lump in your throat and moved on. 

As night fall came you were ready to get some work done, so you left Jason's meal on the porch in case he showed up. While setting the towel on the floor with his meal neatly wrapped,you spot him in the distance. Things were a bit awkward still, so you pretended not to see him and went back inside,putting one ear against the door. He picked it up making almost no sound and left. The feeling of being shut out and alone came back to you as you were trying to understand his behaviour, before you went to bed.

Next day,same thing happened. You went outside always looking over your shoulder about when he would show up.Why was he behaving so strangely though ? Was it because of what happened ? He had some hang-ups but you were never going to hold it against him. Despite being who he is he was so sweet by taking you in, even if you were ''cheating''.

You shrug and sigh. The rest of the week continued like this, just one week left till October. Your assignments were almost done,so you enjoyed walking around in the forest still in range of the cabin. In fact, you limited your walks between your cabin and Jason's shack both to get the chance to see him to hand him his lunch or drop it by, avoiding getting lost.But not this Saturday morning,were it was pouring outside, the sky dark and dim, the rain slowly getting heavier turning into a thunderstorm. This would complicate thing, you thought.

After woking on a few paragraphs, you decide to stand up and stir the sauce still on the stove. You sit back in the desk chair feeling incredibly bored. Even Cookie doesn't feel like playing, the weather making him blue. You look at each other as if saying ''what do we do ?'' and sigh at the same time. You grab the old photo of Jason and his mother with the broken frame. Before you realise it you rub your thumb on little Jason's ''cheek''.

''How can I miss someone I just met, Cookie ?'' he only moved his ears at his name.

''It's not like there is much to do around anyways...'' you make a short pause and place the fame on the desk again.