Chapter 26 - Best Friends

Do you think I should have left the bff's name blank ? Like (Bf/n) ? I know it isn't adviced but I put my bbf's name since she is my 'editor' lol

----------------------------------------------

''Cosplay !'' Debby exclaims.

''What ? Umm...oh ! the mask...yes, cosplay !''' you say quickly.

''And is that one of your many creations ? What is it doing in a fridge ?''

''Ahh...it's a new technique...'' you hoped she bought it.

''You are still into it, huh ? You haven't changed one bit!'' she says. The tension slowly dissolving

''And my ! Who is this ? It this what you've been doing in New Jersey ?'' she winks at you.

''Debbs '' you try to say and then mouth ''I'm so sorry!'' to Jason who's eyes have been switching from you to Debby the whole time.

''Debby ! This is not a fucking sitcom !''

''Oh honey...there's gonna be a lot more drama if you don't do anything with this chad !'' and she continues,''Jason, have ever you considered modeling ?''

''Debby!!!''

''Like swimwear...''

''DEBBY !!!'' you say as you grab her by the arm. ''I believe Jason said earlier that he wants to rest...'' you said while signing him to nod. You rush her out of the door. ''Listen. Jason almost drowned as a child!!! Before you say anything else...1! He is just a friend! 2!He is mute. You won't hear him talk any day. Ok ?''

''Sorry. I just got excited you might have found someone good! And he is--''

''He is good, Debby. A good friend. Now you probably scared him. I told him we were exactly alike, so now he probably thinks...I rather not...''

''Sorry...'' she lowers her head apologeticaly. 

''That's alright. Honestly, I would have done the same thing!'' you say and wink at her. You knew Debby since high school so she was the only person you knew was true to their words.

''Wanna order a pizza for dinner ? she asks. ''And of course some beers! What about Jason ?''

''Ummm...yeah. No beer for us,thanks.''

''No beer ? Are you ok ?'' she says concerned.That was new to her.

''Is Jason amish or something ?''

''Fine...sneak one for me too. Please make the damn call,I'm starving!''

Debby makes the call. While waiting for the delivery guy, you sit on the couch and watch TV while talking about the adult stuff you had going on before resuming your quite carefree life. Cookie settles on the couch between the two of you,receiving pets from both.

''So, um...did you pay the bills the whole time I was gone ?'' you ask

''Should I remind you my parents own this house ?'' she raises an eyebrow.''Yeah, I did. Plus, the time I'm gone you are the one to pay full price. It was my turn.''

''Thanks,girl. Once we leave again,we'll talk in May.''

''You are quite certain of that.''

You swallow the lump in your throat. Did it sound like such a big deal from the outside ? You are at loss of words,trying to find somthing to say without being vague or look like you are hiding things. As you open your mouth to speak the doorbell rings. Cookie barks at the door.

''I'll get it.'' you say standing up.

 You open the door and pay up. You settle everything on the kitchen's island. With Jason held hostage into your room, you take a plate and put five slices on it and go knock on the door.