Chapter 36 - Whirlwind

You spend your time after breakfast in the garden. Jason,as usual was out scouting. Lunch was ready and you were sitting down at your laptop,reading emails,getting ready to receive that degree. After looking in the back room, you whip out the paints left from Halloween and some eggs from the fridge, they were getting old anyway and swap them with the new ones.

You started by boiling the eggs,so they would be ready to be painted. In the mean time, Cookie wants to be let inside panting and thirsty, his coat getting hard to tolerate.

''Patience,baby. You have an appointment.'' you say while you pet him. He leaves you to go drink water. You go upstairs to start packing since you were leaving next week. It was lunchtime already, so you served and waited for Jason's return. He comes back and puts his gear down.

''Oof. I'm leaving next weekend...yup.Already!'' you tell him. ''You are sure you are going to be okay ?'' you ask him once more. Jason nods.

''Just have in mind that I don't know when the ceremony is yet, so I might take longer than expected to return...'' and he nods again.

Seeing you stressed out about this he gently caresses your arm,reassuring you that he's got everything under control. He would just go back to living on his own,the same way he did before you...for a short time.

''Want to read a bit ?'' you ask him. He shakes his head. 

~Walk.~ he says

''Right...I forgot. Let's go !'' you take your jacket and head outside. Jason no longer needs his coat so he doesn't take it anymore. He just puts his mask back on angd grabs his machete. You take a bag with some old bread to stop by the lake.

You walk around the entire perimeter of your grounds then all around the camp. You take a break on one of the benches, taking your time feeding the ducks, then head home. Tired as you were,you sit at the table.

''Would you like to start now ? I'm not sleepy.''

You sit and first renew all the paints,making once again a pallet. You take the boiled eggs and dry them with paper towels. You start painting just like you did the last time. Thinking back you chuckle. ''I just remembered how you used to make me little gifts...'' you tell Jason. 

''We still have those from Halloween'' you said with a smile poiting behind him. He turns to look at them, then back at you. ''Don't worry, wherever I go it's Halloween everyday.'' you say with another smile.

''Look, I made a ladybug on a flower !'' you say showing your egg.

~Cookie.~ he says and shows you his with,indeed, Cookie drawn on it. 

''Clever ! I chose to stick with the spring theme...''

''Hey, I made you !'', ~Made you!~ you say at the same time. You both turn your eggs around. You basically made a hockey mask and the shirt he was wearing.In return, he drew a cartoonish face of a girl with your hair color and shirt.

''I love it !'' you say fully meaning it.''Let's do the two last ones and rest.''

You decided to make a bunny but you made the head too big. There was no point starting again so you grab the scissors,some colored paper and pasta. Jason stopped working on his egg trying to figure what you were up to. You start by cutting out some ears and glueing them on the egg the use the raw pasta to make whiskers. Satisfied with your work you show it to Jason.

''Ta-da !'' you say and show him the bunny you made. He nods.

~Like it~ 

''What did you make ?''