Chapter 15 - Deal

You were still feeling worn out from the events of the previous day. Thankfully, everything was running smoothly. Good thing you were meeting your potential client today, you earned a drink, which reminded you that you might have to make some sort of deal with Jason for him to allow you that. You were 21 now, you deserved it once in a while. It was sunny today, so you decided to walk the dog around town. You get in the local public library to make some photocopies for the evening.

''Goodmorning !'' you say

''Goodmorning ! Well, isn't that a new face ?'' said the old lady at the desk.

''I'm not from around,that's true'' you reply.''May I make some copies ?''

''Sure, honey, follow me.''

''Just these 4 wiil do'' you say picking 4 of your pictures from the dossier.

''Did you take these ?'' she asks

''Yes, I did''

''These are beautiful ! Do you want to come take pictures at events here in the ibrary or the town ?'' 

''But I'm not a professional yet...''

''That's alright, usually someone volunteers, but we will pay you.''

''OK, sure!''

''Which means more treats for you, beautiful !'' she said petting Cookie.''Here, all ready. Anything else ?''

''I'll just look around,see if I find anything interesting.''

You look around at tons and tons of books. Horror,mystery,sci-fi. Nothing really catches your eye. No story seems quite exciting to pursue. As you were about to give up, a mother and her child enter the library, the mother explaining why she wants to get her son into reading books. Then, it hit you. You should get something for you and Jason to read together. Something simple and fun. You walk down the 'fantasy' alley and you find it,the whole collection. 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone', you grab it and head to the desk to pay for your copies.

You return home for lunch. As expected by now, Jason is waiting for you but with an empty plate.You sit next to him at the table, rubbing your face.

''I still feel sick...'' you say and look at him. He blue orbs give you a sympathetic look through the mask.'' Was it good,at least ?'' he nods.

~(y/n) . Very good.~

You sit up in surprise. You're not very sure what he meant but what moved you wasn't the fact he appreciated your effort,despite your emotional state.

''That's....tha's the first time you say my name since we met ! Hearing it in your voice makes it sound so different,so...special...'' 

~It is~ he says and invites for a hug, you most definatelly accept. Jason is really the friendliest,sweetest person when he's not murdering people. Such contrast, yet it made sense to you. You ate your lunch and headed upstairs to soak the bloodstained clothes. As you were checking the coat, which was miraculusly clean, a thought came to mind.

''Jason ? Come here,please'' a few seconds later he was in the room.

''Try this on,sweetie. See if it fits you.It was being wasted long enough.''

Jason tries it on. The coat that seemed oversized for that loser, fit him perfectly,complimenting both Jason's wide shoulder and height as it it fell to his knee.

''Hmm...'' you let put a satisfied hum.''Looks great, brings out your eyes,too.'' you finally say.

~Thank...you... gift..pretty...~