Chapter 35 - Heaven and Hell

You wake up with Cookie still next to you. You got downstairs and eat breakfast with him while studying  for your finals.They were a month away,afterall. Jason was nowhere to be seen at this hour. It worried you that he might miss your departure for the brief time till graduation. You hoped he wouldn't take it personally to be left behind. You wished you could talk to him about it openly, like you usually do but these days he was impossible. It was like talking to someone who is constantly angry or in a state of panic. Also, Debby messaged you frequently, daydreaming of your graduation. You had the laptop on table next to you. Unfotunatelly, she had bad news.

''Dude, your mom showed up today !''

''And ? Did she do anything crazy?''

''She demanded to know where you are and why your phone doesn't work.''

''What did you say ?''

''You are in NJ for work and have no signal. She wanted to see you for your graduation.''

''Ugh. Does she need to be there ? So she can shout 'THATS MY BABY GIRL' while we all know shed doesn't give 2 fucks ???''

''You'll be lucky if she doesn't say 'WE DID IT' ! ''

''Ikr ?''

''I feel 4 u. Good thing you r going to be the one to not give 2 fucks after that.''

''Yeah.''

You put the laptop to sleep mode and stretch. You let Cookie outside and go water the garden. He decides to come with you. You turn the water on and place your thumb on the tip and sprinkle water gently everywhere. Since it was quite a hot day, Cookie decides he wants to refresh himself and gets in the way.

''No, Cookie! Come here!'' you call him and he comes next to you. You turn the water onto him and see him happily getting showered,him long,fluffy coat dripping. ''Yeah, you need a haircut,huh ?'' you say and turn the water off. You have enpugh time to take cover before he shakes off the water. You laugh and go dry him inside.

Since you had no iddea what to cook, you decide to make some sandwiches and have another pic-nic by the lake. You hear a knock and jump. Ypu turn around and see Jason. Cookie was happy to see him too. ''You're early !'' you say. Jason shrugs and puts his machete down. Perhaps all he needed is time. You hug him happily, implying you are here for him.

''This might cheer you up.Are you interested in having another pic-nic ?'' he nods quite enthusiastically. You go change clothes an bring the cloth again. You head out and sit at your spot. 

''Can you smell that ?'' you say. ''It's the flowers !'' you say and take a deep breath...and sneese.''Mood killer.'' you mumble. ''The sun is really starting to shine! A time any goth dreads. We can move to the shade,if you like.'' you tell Jason but he doesn't seem bothered. He shakes his head and starts to put it back on his mask.

''What's wrong,sweetie ?'' you turn around and see a couple in the distance. They are holding hands and talking.'' Oh okay. Listen, not everyone is a threat but I get you're upset.''

He goes to stand up and you stop him. ''Jason....sweetie...they are just walking like you and me!'' He considers and sits back down.''Take the mask off...'' you say softly. He shakes his head. 

You grab his chin and make him look at you. ''Listen. Things are different. I'm not going to explain much but remeber this. People nowadays are mostly self-absorbed. Did they see us ? Yes. Did they see your face ? Most likely. Do they give a damn ? NO.'' 

He looks at you as if asking for reassurance. ''No. They don't care but I do. I want to see you.'' he relaxes and slowly takes it off again,his gaze not leaving the couple. You get up and hug him, his head against your chest. You were wearing a v-neck so Jason suddenly jerks and looks away,

''What ?'' you say and notice it. Your cleavage had brought some heat to his cheecks and yours. You pull your shirt up and apologise. You wanted to  break the awkward silence, so you change the subject.

''Look. Today is a beautiful day. Try and be as happy as you can. How about we paint some eggs later ? Origami bunnies maybe ?'' Jason nods.''Or we could just go shoot a couple of rounds again...'' 

Eventually the couple leaves and Jason is...calmer.Now you are finally alone. You noticed his mood change immediately,making you happy. You could relax and enjoy your surroundings again. You started humming and Jason looks at you. 

Heaven, I'm in heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak
And I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we're out together dancing, cheek to cheek

You sing in a low voice but still quite audible.Cookie comes covered in dead grass, so you get up and gently toss them off him,still humming. Jason gets up thinking it's time to go.

''Remember when I told you that I'll teach you how to dance ?'' Jason nods and you reach out to him with one hand. He takes it and you start singing on your own.

Heaven, I'm in heaven,
And the cares that hang around me through the week
Seem to vanish like a gambler's lucky streak
When we're out together dancing, cheek to cheek

In the meantime you show him how to stand and adjust his hands. As soon as you put his hand on your waist you start blushing,and even more so when he didn't seem to mind. Never the less, you continued.

Oh! I love to climb a mountain,
And to reach the highest peak,
But it doesn't thrill me half as much
As dancing cheek to cheek

You say and do a twirl. ''It's not that hard is it ?'' you ask and he nods.

Oh! I love to go out fishing
In a river or a creek,
But I don't enjoy it half as much
As dancing cheek to cheek.

You finally break away and head back to the house. You decide to go take a nap after spending the day outside.  You put on your pajamas and go to bed,Jason joining you instead of reading or watching a movie.

''You really don't have to,you know ?''

~I. Know.~ he replies. You guess he just wants to. 

You got to sleep and thankfully this time there was no dream of any kind. You wake up feeling a bit unconfortable and decided to get out of bed. Whn you look down you realise you have benn sleeping in a pool of blood.

''SHIT.'' you say in a low voice but Jason wakes up. ''Don't look !'' you say and cover your side with the blanket and run to the bathroom. Jason comes begind the door.

''Jason, whatever you see, I'm fine ! I don't want you ti panic but I just had a little accident!'' you say while turning on the water in the shower to clean yourself. ''Jason,sweetie can you please go downstairs for a bit ?'' you ask him iny our sweetest voice. You summon Pamela with your mind, in hopes to help with  the situation.

~(y/n) needs some alone time, sweetie~   Mrs. Voorhees backs you up. 

You get out of the shower and get dressed, You change the sheets completely and flip the matress, thankfully without any problem. You go to the bathroom and soak the sheets in the tub and drag the shower curtain to hide the mess.

''Want to watch a movie after dinner ?'' you ask and Jason surprisingly agrees. ''First I need to take care of something, okay ?''

You get your jacket and head to town. You stop by the vet's to make an appointment for the next week and go by the supermarket to get some last minute stuff,including some eggs and colored paper.

You head back and have dinner. You watch ''The Crow'' while being in a bit of a fetal position,head on Jason's shoulder. You had one hand on your lower half and the other petting Cookie's fluffy coat who was fast asleep next to you.

You had watched the movie before, but it was a very beautifully sad one. While watching the movie you thought your period could be the reason behind that weird ass re-occuring dream you had lately. At least there was one good thing out of today; Jason learned that not everyone is a threat,despite the last few days convincing him of the opposite...and he learned to dance!