[7] Friday

[Chapter 7]
Friday

Today is Friday, meaning it's been four days since my debut at West Coast High. Now that it's the end of the week, word has already spread among the teachers that I was trouble, which caused all of them to trust me a lot less than they did on the first day. I'm assuming that George had a word with them during one of their staff meetings because they've all kept a pretty strict eye on me, starting from Tuesday.

The entire school day kind of went by in a blur. Nothing specifically special happened today nor have I had the motivation to pull anything on anyone since no one gave me the motive to. I've cracked a few witty jokes and comebacks every now and then in class, but no one's given me a proper opportunity to cause any trouble, which was probably George's dream come true. Even Leo has been surprisingly passive in the classes that we share together. Ever since our little mud incident, we've kept our distance, staying out of each other's way for the most part.

Talk about boredom.

The only interesting parts of my day are when I get to talk to Kathryn — I'm never bored with Kathryn because she's always managed to crack me up. Even though I've only known Kathryn for a few days, we've really bonded as friends and have gotten really close. Knowing that I can't guarantee eating lunch with her in school, I suggested hanging out with her over the weekend. She agreed and started rambling about the new mall she's been wanting to go to, all in the little time before class started.

But it's now the end of the day and school had already ended half an hour ago. Everyone else had already gone out to do whatever they had in stored for fun, since it was going to be a Friday, night while I'm stuck in one of the classrooms where after school detention was held.

I groaned in despair for the fifth time already. "Oh, hush you. If you weren't such a troublemaker, neither of us would be here right now." George clicked his tongue in annoyance, rolling his eyes at me. Since I was the only one that had detention today, he had the freedom to talk to me casually since he didn't have to worry about putting on an authoritative figure to other students. A more authoritative figure anyway.

I glared at him, watching him get some paperwork done. I crossed my arms and sulked. "Well, if you didn't decide to supervise me then I could have easily snuck out and neither of us would be sitting here in boredom right now." I retorted with a scoff.

"Boredom? Are you kidding? I always manage to get more work done in school — it's amazing!" He beamed, chuckling in amusement when he saw the scowl on my face. "Well, this is what you get when you decide to act up in my school." He shrugged.

George decided to take it upon himself to supervise me during this after school detention, relieving a random teacher from his shift and more specifically, to make sure I don't use my cunning ways to sneak out and skip on my assigned punishment. I tried my luck earlier and attempted to make a dash for it but he threatened to take my leather jacket and motorcycle away if I tried to run out on him.

And we all know who won that argument.

I let out a loud, obnoxious sigh, only causing a lift of an eyebrow from George. "Can I at least use my phone?" I pleaded at George, desperately trying to extinguish the boredom that was burning me up alive. He had temporarily confiscated my phone, making it more so that I would be having a horrible time here.

He looked up and simply smiled. "No." He said, then went back to his work.

I groaned in exasperation once more, my voice echoing off the walls of the classroom. I rested my forehead on my arms in defeat, deciding to just take a nap to pass time.