[25] James MacIntyre

*Rewritten Version*

[Chapter 25]
James MacIntyre

I pushed a strand of hair behind my ear and stared at myself through my reflection in the mirror. I walked out of my closet and into my bedroom, where Kathryn was lying on my king-sized bed. Textbooks and sheets of homework were messily sprawled across my bed and I found it ironic how none of them belong to me.

I couldn't help but laugh at the sight.

Kathryn, as usual, was absorbed into her own little world that only prioritized schoolwork and didn't even notice I entered the room. She flipped through a different textbook whenever she wrote something down, on what seemed like a different set of homework each time. I crossed my arms and leaned against the bathroom doorframe.

"I see you've finally made yourself at home." I chuckled, finally causing her raise her head. "God, it took you forever to settle down." I teased.

She rolled her eyes with a smile. "Shut up." She laughed as she attempted to throw a crumpled ball of paper at me, which I easily avoided. "I'm pretty sure anyone who'd visit your house for the first time would react the same way I did."

"Yeah, right." I snorted in disbelief. "Kat, you refused to use my bathroom because you thought the doorknob looked too expensive to be touched. You literally almost peed yourself."

"It was a crystal door knob!" Kathryn exclaimed, throwing her hands up in exasperation. "Probably made out of real authentic Swarovski crystals to be exact!"

"You don't know that." I scoffed.

She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "Well, are they?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. My dad had the crystals flown in from Greece."

"Oh my god." Kathryn muttered.

I invited Kathryn over to hang out at my place after school today and I figured that since it was a Friday night, she wouldn't worry that much about finishing her homework for the next day. She's also here to help me prepare for my date with Joey. Although, it seemed as if the first half of us 'hanging out' was just Kathryn trying to comprehend everything she was seeing in my house.

I couldn't blame her though.

But it sure was fun teasing her about it.

"So, are you ready for your date with the Joey Hart?" Kathryn wiggled her eyebrows playfully.

I forced out a laugh. "Yeah, I guess."

Kathryn frowned, now sitting up straight from her previous position. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I cleared my throat as my eyes darted to the ground.

"Flo?"

I bit down on my lip anxiously as I played with the ends of my fading purple hair. I walked over to my bed and plopped myself down next to Kathryn. "I just-" I sighed. "I thought I'd be more excited about this, but I'm not and I don't know why." Kathryn's frown deepened as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders in attempt to comfort me. I sighed once again and rested my head against hers.

I lied.

I know exactly why, and I'm pretty sure Kathryn knows too.

It's been around two weeks since the manipulating bitch came back to town and it didn't take that long for the two of them to get back together. Not that anyone even uses Facebook anymore, but everyone at school has been talking about how Leo, the man himself, confirmed the rumors by changing his status to 'in a relationship with Michelle Price'.