[13] Ah, Fuck.

[Chapter 13]
Ah, Fuck.

     I was currently in the girls' bathroom, without any pants on, waiting for Kathryn to return from her locker with some spare clothes. I looked at the black pair of skinny jeans that was glued to the chair and frowned. Damn, those were my good jeans. I thought to myself.

     As I mourned over the death of my favourite pair of jeans, the door burst open to reveal Kathryn with a red, plaid skirt in hand. "Will this do? It's all I've got." She smiled apologetically. I stared at her stretched out hand, mainly at the clothing she was holding. Déjà vu hit me like a ton of bricks as memories flooded back into my brain.

     "Flo?"

     I instantly looked up at the call of my name to see Kathryn wearing a slightly concerned expression. I cleared my throat and furrowed my eyebrows. "Oh, sorry. I'm just not used to wearing skirts, that's all." I lied, giving her a crooked smile. "Thanks."

     She raised an eyebrow curiously, looking at me like she didn't believe me. She then shrugged, deciding not to push it. "No problem. Now put it on! I've never seen you in a skirt before — with your long legs, you'd look so good." She squealed in excitement. I chuckled and nodded, pulling the skirt up my legs. She gasped, her eyes widened in amazement once I put on her skirt. "Oh my god."

     I looked into the mirror and grimaced at my reflection — not because I disliked my appearance but because I've rarely seen myself in a skirt. Skirts were always a bit too airy for my taste, if you get my drift. I was a few inches taller than Kathryn so the hem of the skirt that was supposed to be slightly above the knees, ended up being around mid-thigh for me. Being at 5'7, it was practically a mini skirt for me.

   "Don't you think it's a little too short?" I asked, slightly worried, as I turned to Kathryn only to see her boggling at me, with a wide smile on her face.

     "What? No, of course not. You're just tall." She waved me off, then placed my hands down on my side and took a step back to observe. "The hem of the skirt ends right on your fingertips so it lies within the dress code." She grinned.

     I looked at my reflection once again and rotated around to observe myself from all angles. Seeing as I'm not used to wearing skirts, I subconsciously pulled down on the hem of the high-waisted skirt, only to have my hands slapped away by Kathryn.

     "Stop that!" She scolded sternly and I stared at her in surprise as she readjusted my— well, her skirt. She stepped backwards to look at me, then placed her hands on her hips proudly when I didn't pull it down again. She clasped her hands together in admiration and sighed. "You look stunning. That skirt goes so well with your top and your jacket."

     I smiled and awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck. "Thanks, Kat." I chuckled, then turned around to exit the bathroom. I stopped when I didn't hear Kathryn's footsteps following behind me. I turned around to see Kathryn with her phone out, her thumbs swiftly tapping over the keyboard. "Kat, what are you doing?"

     "Taking notes. Duh." She shook her head at me in disbelief, as if it was evident to do so. "Black leather jacket, white crop top and red, plaid skirt..." She muttered to herself.

     I scoffed at her in amusement and crossed my arms. "Wow, you're even a nerd when it comes to clothes." I teased, letting out a loud laugh.

     She rolled her eyes at me, a small smile rested on her lips as she slid her phone back into her pocket. "There's a reason why I have better fashion sense than you." She flipped her hair over her shoulder dramatically as she walked out of the bathroom. I let out a chuckle and followed after her.