Prologue

Colour: Viridian (Emotional or Mental Stress)

***

*Third Person Limited POV*

It's 7Am. Louis had crawled out of bed a few minutes earlier to put the kettle on, and toast some bread.

Once everything had started steaming, he leant against the counter, waiting for his longtime husband to shuffle groggily down the stairs with messy hair, dressed in his suit and crooked tie that Louis always had to fix.

Five minutes later, Louis hears creaking and he knows Marcus is coming down the old spiral staircase. To greet him, Louis makes his way over to the bottom of the wooden steps with a cup of hot coffee in his hands.

Marcus flashes a lopsided grin at the sight of Louis, pulling him in for a chaste kiss as soon as he's in reach. When they pull away, their foreheads stay pressed together because Marcus knows that Louis always gives him an Eskimo kiss before letting his eyes flutter open.

"I made you a cup of coffee." Louis whispers, a small smile on his lips.

"Just as my beautiful angel does every morning." Marcus says, taking the warm cup and pressing a kiss to Louis's pink cheeks.

Marcus slips past Louis to the island in the middle of the kitchen, where he takes a seat on one of the stools, sipping at his coffee. Louis trails in behind, grinning as he begins to spread raspberry Jam on Marcus's toast.

"What is my love doing today?" Marc asks.

"I was going to s-sit and read for a-a bit, then dust-t the library." Louis answers, pushing the plate of toast over. "Oh, and-d Jesibelle needs her t-toenails cut too."

Marc laughs. "Busy day for you I see."

"V-Very." Louis's teeth finally show through his lips.

You see, Louis's stutter developed a year and a half ago. It came out of nowhere, and nothing Marcus did could get rid of it. But Marc never really did mind it. He thought it made Louis sound even cuter and more innocent than he did before. There's no negative judgement when it comes to Louis.

Marcus glances down at his watch. "It's time for me to go lovebug. I have a meeting at 7:30."

"O-okay. Have a-a great d-day." Louis says, following Marcus to the door where he grabs his tie and pulls Marcus really close so that he can kiss him goodbye.

Louis then shuts the door and waves through the window at his lover before locking everything up and setting the house alarm.

***

Louis is curled up on the couch under a fuzzy grey blanket, listening to the pitter patter of rain falling outside as he reads a good romance novel. He sighs in contentment. It is his dream day.

Louis's phone lights up with a text from Marcus, and he hurriedly picks it up to read.

Maxy Marc😍 - Hello Angel. Is everything alright?

Angel😇 - Yes. I'm just reading.

Maxy Marc😍 - That sounds fun. Jesibelle didn't fuss?

Angel😇 - She did, but I got her wrapped in a towel.

Maxy Marc😍 - That's good. Well I'm going into a meeting. Only call me if it's an emergency. 💋 Love you.

Angel😇 - Okay. Love you too.😘

Louis tosses his phone next to him on the couch and continues reading. It's getting really good.

Louis's heart rate picks up as he reads:

He...whispered in her ear. "You can close your eyes and think of England, if you like," he said.

Her eyes fluttered shut, her lashes coppery lines against her pale, fragile skin. "I've never even been to England," she said, and the softness, the anxiety in her voice almost undid him. He had never kissed a girl without knowing she wanted it too, usually more than he did, and this was Clary, and he didn't know what she wanted. Her eyes were still closed, but she shivered, and leaned into him - barely, but it was permission enough.

Suddenly there's a knock at the door, pulling Louis's thoughts away from Jace and Clary. Louis groans and gets up from the couch, heading towards the door. He places a hand on the door to help him glance through the peep hole. There's an unfamiliar head of chocolatey curls in his line of sight.

Louis steps back a bit, fear setting in, but he must answer it or else they won't leave. The man knocks again louder causing Louis to jump.

Slowly, he begins unlocking the three main locks, leaving the chain lock intact so that the curly man can't get inside.

"H-Hello?" Louis says trembling a bit.

"Hi. Are you Mr. Marigold?" The man asks, eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

"N-No." Louis responds about to shut the door.

"Wait!" The man shoves his foot in the door so it won't close. Louis jumps back in fright.

"What-t d-do-o you wa-want?" Louis asks, keeping his distance from the door.

"Does Mr. Marigold live here?"

"No h-he does-sn't." Louis squeaks, eyes wide in fright.

"Well do you know if he lives in the neighborhood?"

Louis starts quivering like a leaf in the wind. "I-I-I don't kn-know s-s-sir."

"Okay. Well thanks anyway Mr...?" The man raises an eyebrow.

"L-Louis. Call-l me Lou-ouis."

"Thanks Louis. See you again sometime ya?" The brown haired lad asks, a large, dimply smile plastered on his face.

"I dun-no." Louis is positively frightened at the large man.

The man starts walking backwards. "Cheers mate."

"Ch-cheers!" Louis says loudly, slamming the door and locking everything.

Louis stumbles towards the couch, breathing heavily, tears in his eyes. He picks up his phone and dials Marcus.

"Yes sweetheart?" Marcus answers.

"M-M-Max. Th-there-re w-was a-a man a-and-d he-e-" Louis starts sobbing over the phone.

"Honey. Sh sh it's okay. I'm coming home right now."

"O-okay-y." Louis sniffles hanging up the phone.

***

A/N: IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!! THIS IS THE NEW STORY YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FORRRR WOOOH!!!!

Okay so in two weeks school starts

:( and the updates will be coming slower than the pace of a snail race.

Until Next Time,

~~~~~BooBear🐻