Chapter 14

Colour: Dull Grey Brown (selfishness)

***

*Third Person Limited*

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" The man asks with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

"I have a girlfriend." Ed blurts out.

"And I, a husband." The man smiles, forcing his way into the house.

Ed stumbles aside. "I really think you need to leave."

"And why is that?" The man says, cornering Ed behind the door.

Ed's breathing picks up. "Because." He whispers, staring into the familiar, mesmerizing eyes, searching for an answer as to why he's come back now.

"Because even after all these years," The man runs his hands over Ed's cheeks smoothly until the nubs of his fingers are tickled by Edward's hair. "I can still make you squirm." The man moves in towards Ed's face at a rapid pace, but he just ducks under the man's arm, soft lips grazing across his neck as he escapes.

"I said, you need to leave." Ed says weak and breathless, pointing to the door that is still open. "Think about that pretty little husband of yours that you so gloriously left me for. He hasn't done anything to deserve this, and besides...I'm straight now. I've told you this."

The man walks over to Ed, and presses his body against the dining room table. Ed clutches the table tightly with his hands to prevent himself from falling over.

"It was my mistake all those years ago, to abandon you like that. You must've felt so small, and alone. I left you behind in that dark closet, while I myself escaped, making you feel like nothing in the process. Like you weren't worth me losing my reputation over, yet he was. But Edward, I loved you, and I still do. I've loved you all these years, and it's about goddamned time that I tell you. It's time for me to forget my obligations to protect that boy, because I love you, and I can't risk messing that up again."

The man presses his lips to Edward's just as a tear slips down Ed's face, and despite how wrong they both know it is, neither of them can bring themselves to pull away. Their chemical reaction is simply undeniable.

Ed places a hand on the man's chest lightly, sniffling as his eyes flutter open slightly. He rubs his lips together, making sure their foreheads keep in contact. "Marcus..." Ed says in a soft, slow voice. "I can't. We can't."

He turns his head away, Marcus kissing his neck. Ed places his hands on Marc's shoulders, holding him back.

Their eyes meet as Edward begins to speak. "Whatever we once had, is over. Things can't go on like this between us. The past needs to stay in the past because I'm finally doing better, and we both have new obligations that need tending to."

Marcus breaks their eye contact, and lunges in to hold Ed in his arms as he weeps silently. "I know an apology and 'I love you' can't change the past, but I hope they can change the future. I love you. I love you. I love you, and I'm sorry I ever let you go after I promised not to."

"I forgive you Marcus Maxwell, and I do love you, but if you want to stay in my life, we can only be friends." Ed says, slipping away from the table and the hug.

"Okay." Marcus whispers, not making eye contact with Edward as he wips his nose with the back of his hand. "I'll see you later."

A small smile creeps up on Ed's face as he holds open the door. "Goodbye Marky Marc." He giggles at the old pet name.

Marcus smiles widely, grabbing Ed by the waist and pressing a wet kiss to his cheek. "Bye Bye Teddy." Then he walks out the door, disappearing from the ginger lad's viewpoint.

He sighs deeply and slides down against the door, holding his knees. His heart is racing, and there's this heat pulsing in his veins where Marcus touched him. It shows Ed that even after all these years, their love hasn't died.

***
{Victorian House; Cherry Lane}

"Come on! One more step!" Harry encourages, a smile on his face as he holds onto Louis's hands. "You're almost there."

Louis trembles. "Bu-But."

"No buts." Harry scolds, as he continues to leads him outside.

Louis takes 5 quick steps, eyes on the ground, before he leaps off the porch steps and jumps into Harry's arms. Louis whimpers and squeezes his eyes shut as he clings to Harry's body.

"Sh sh. It's okay." Harry says in amazement as he rubs Louis's back. "You did it! You're actually outside."

"I-I know!" He shouts, still shaking.

"And you're okay." Harry says in a softer voice as he sways back and forth. "You're absolutely fine. There is nothing and no one that is going to harm you out here so long as I'm here or Marcus."

Louis finally pulls his head out of the crook of Harry's neck so he can look Harry in the eye. "Are yo-yo-you sure?"

"Positive BooBear. I'll never let anybody hurt you." Harry says sincerely before leaning in to kiss Lou's cheek.

"Tha-Thank you HareBear." Louis smiles, pecking Harry's lips before he can react.

Harry smiles and resists the urge to say those sweet words that he's been dying to say for weeks now: 'I love you'.

***
A/N: so much shit went down this weekend, and Larry came out. Yay.

#nochillharry

P.S. What's your fav song on the album?

Mine used to be 18 and spaces, but now I think it's No Control and Once in a Lifetime. Lol.

Until Next Time,

~~~~~~BooBear🐻