Chapter 4

Colour: Peach (Empathy, harmony, gentle strength, protection, confidence, communication, secret desire, and heightened attraction)

***

*Third Person Limited*

"Hello, Keegan's Hospital, how may I help you?" A woman's voice speaks through the phone.

"Hi this is Marcus Crenshaw, I'm calling regarding my husband Louis Crenshaw."

"Yes?"

"He was scheduled to have a nurse by the name of Troy Metropolis drop by the house today to give him his monthly shot, but he hasn't arrived yet."

"Oh I'm terribly sorry sir. Mr. Metropolis is no longer working with us. We could send over another nurse at this time if you'd like." She says in a voice as fake as candy.

"Uh." Marcus is really stumped at this because it's really hard to find someone that Louis will stay calm around. "Yes, but the nurse sent must fit these preferences: green eyes, brown hair, okay?" That was how Louis's old nurse Troy appeared so maybe he would warm up to someone similar.

"Okay. We are sending someone over that meets the specifications. They should arrive in no more than 20 minutes."

"Thank you. Goodbye." Marcus says hanging up the phone.

***

There's a knock at the door and Marcus quickly rushes to answer it.

"Hello..." Marcus rushes out, extending his hand in greeting as he waits for the man to introduce himself.

"Harry." Harry connects their hands and smiles.

"Ma-Marky? Wh-who's at the do-or." Louis calls, hopping down the stairs.

"It's a nurse!" Marcus shouts, weary of Louis's reaction. The footsteps come to a halt. These were always the hardest times of the month for Lou.

Marcus motions for Harry to enter. "Please come in. I need to go console Louis. Stay here a minute." Marc shuts the door and smiles nervously before bolting out of the room.

Harry stands to the side awkwardly, glancing around the immaculate lounge room. Ever since he first saw Louis, he's been dying to catch a glimpse inside, and now he's finally here, confused and nervous.

~~~~~~In the other Room~~~~~~

"Louis?" Marcus tip toes into the dark kitchen.

Louis backs up and bangs into a cabinet, flinching at the noise.

"Louis. It's that time of the month again." Marcus says softly as he slowly approaches his shaking husband.

"N-No. I-I just-t did it t-t-two weeks ago-o." Louis sniffles, tears falling down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry babe, but they've raised your dosage." Marcus says, trying to hold Louis's forearm.

"No!" He shouts, trembling and pulling away from Marcus.

"Honey please. Don't do this today." Marcus says with sad eyes. "I'll make you a special milkshake if you'll just sit for 1 hour."

"O-One?" Louis asks, turning away from the dark corner to acknowledge Marcus.

"Just one hour." Marc smiles, clasping Lou's hand.

"Okay-ay." Louis forces a smile and follows Marcus into the other room.

Harry looks up as they enter the room, smiling fondly at Louis, hands clasped behind his back.

Louis stares up at Harry and halts. "Ma-Ma-Marc! No!" He yanks his hand away from Marcus's, sprinting out of the room.