Chapter 18

IMPORTANT A/N:

How do you feel about ziam?

How do you feel about a dirtyish epilogue to this?(maybe...maybe)

***

Colour: Dark Brown (Unenlightened. Denial of spirit. Materialistic approach to life. Evokes wistfulness or melancholy. Indecision. Drains energy.)

***

*Third Person Limited*

Louis taps at his screen vigorously, surroundings deafeningly silent apart from the clicks on his screen. Every once and awhile he would smile at his screen and rub his sock covered feet together.

Marcus walks out of the bathroom clad in a pair of plaid sleeping pants as he shakes water out of his hair. Louis doesn't even bother looking up.

"Honey." Marcus says, trying to get his husband's attention.

Louis giggles at something on his screen, biting his lip. He sits with his back pressed against the wood of their bedframe, dressed like Marc plus a beanie.

"Louis." Marcus says louder. Still no response.

Louis shoves his phone into his lap, shakes his legs crazily, and covers his mouth as he laughs, eyes closed.

Marcus walks over to the bed with an amused smile on his face. "LouLou." He taunts, running a hand up Louis's thigh.

Louis shivers, and finally glances over at Marcus. "Hi."

"Who were you texting?" Marcus asks, attempting to be seductive.

"Mr. Pickles." Louis laughs loudly, obviously cracking an inside joke with himself.

It's weird for Marcus to see Louis like this since Louis isn't exactly a people person. Marcus originally thought that he was Louis's only contact, but apparently not.

"And who is that?" Marcus whispers against Lou's lips.

"A fri-friend." Louis darts his eyes between Marcus's lips and eyes. It's not the same as it used to be though. Things have changed.

Marcus leans in to kiss Louis, but the minute he senses it, Louis slips under Marcus's arm until he's far under the covers.

"LouBear." Marcus giggles, glancing down at the ball heaving up and down at the end of the bed.

Marcus peels back the covers and starts tickling Louis. Louis laughs loudly and rolls off the bed, making a loud smacking noise when he hits the ground.

"Are you okay?" Marcus asks in alarm.

"Gotcha." Louis chuckles, bolting out of the bedroom and into a his art room.

Marcus slides off of the bed in pursuit of Louis, but stops when realizing that he left his phone. Marcus stares at it in silence, his mind running ramped. He knows he should trust Louis, yet there's a piece of him that knows something is up. Louis has been acting weird lately and Marcus is determined to know why.

Marcus picks up Louis's phone, swiping his thumb to the right to unlock it. Instead of moving on to the home screen, a keypad popped up that requested a password. Marc scratched his head. Louis has never had a password on his phone.

Marcus types in his name, the date they met, and Lou's birthday, but none of them worked. He sighs in frustration when Louis's phone freezes because of too many failed attempts.

"Louis!" Marcus shouts as he trekks the halls of the upstairs section of their house. No response.

"Louis baby? Where are you?"

Suddenly, Marcus whips around and stares intently at the door located at the end of the hall. That's Louis's secret room.

Marcus walks over and knocks on the door. No response again. Marc proceeds to turn the door knob, but it's locked. He decides to go look downstairs, not quite enjoying this forced game of hide-and-seek.

Upstairs, Louis sneaks out of the art room and into bed. He shoots Harry a goodnight text then drifts off to sleep in peace.

***

*The Next Night*

"Harry said tha-at we could go to hi-his beach bo-bonfire this we-weekend-d." Louis comments, eyes glued to the TV screen.

"You'd be okay leaving the house and meeting new people?" Marcus asks in disbelief, pushing some of Louis's fringe off his forehead.

"Ya." He says simply.

Marcus hugs Louis to his chest. "Okay, but we won't stay long because I don't want you to get overwhelmed."

"M'kay." Louis murmurs, attention obviously elsewhere.

Marcus kisses Louis's cheek, and returns his eyes to the movie.

***

*At the Bonfire*

Louis smiles as he walks across the sand, Harry's curly head in view. He stuffs his hands deeper into the pockets of his jean jacket as the moist wind nips at his skin. It's a feeling he hasn't enjoyed in ages, and he must admit that it feels amazing.

Harry's lips move as if painting a masterpiece while he turns around almost as though he could feel Louis's eyes on him. The world was moving in slow motion at that point in time. Both boys realizing how much of a difference it makes to see the other's face. One could say that they are the sun and the moon chasing eachother through a sea of stars only to be trapped by night and day.

This is the first time one has escaped. Louis is free from the chains of his fear, ready to bind with Harry and make them a single soul posing as two people. The only problem is daybreak. When daylight approaches, the lucky star gets to swipe Louis back into reality.

Harry turns back around after staring much too long at the approaching lad only to knock over someone's drink. "Oops, sorry." He says, face going pale as he realizes it spilt on Louis's shoes.

Harry looks up meekly.

"Hi Harry." Louis laughs, plopping down onto a blanket.
***

A/N: Wow. This chapter is such a filler haha. I wanted to update so this is what you get. Next chapter will be pretty important. It's the turn onto Ending Lane.

(This story isn't turning out how I wanted...oh well.)

Until Next Time,

~~~~~~BooBear🐻