Chapter 17

A/N: This was supposed to end at Chapter 20, but it doesn't look like that's happening now...oops.

Will any of you stay for the next fanfic??? I've already picked.
***
Colour: Bronze (For positive relationships)
***

*Third Person Limited*

"I th-think I like Mo-Monkey best." Louis says, answering Mr. Marigold's question.

"Show me some George Michael moves." Graeme says, clapping his hands.

Louis pops of the floor excitedly, placing his hands on his hips as he wiggles back and forth. "Why can't you do it? Why can't you set your monkey free?" Louis sings as he swivels his hips, turning in a circle. He then drops to the floor and sings loudly, crossing his arms in front of him.

Graeme claps as Louis finishes his performance. "Looks just like the bum trunker. Well done Louis."

Louis smiles, bowing before moving to sit next to Mr. Marigold.

"What's your fa-favourite colour?" Louis asks excitedly.

"Um." Graeme coughs into his elbow then wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. "I like yellow because it's such a happy colour."

Louis smiles widely. "Did you kn-know that he-yellow is associated-ed with happine-ness, intelligence, and-and creativity?"

"No I didn't." Graeme rubs his index finger and thumb over the white stubble on his chin. "That's quite interesting young man. Are you a...a..." Mr. Marigold scratches his head forgetting what the subject matter is.

"Psychologist?" Harry offers, biting his nails nonochalantly as he joins the conversation after several moments of silence.

Louis turns around, meeting Harry's eyes. Harry smiles, nails still between his teeth. He has both arms on the frame of the couch as leans against it, knees bent.

"Oh yes that's it." Graeme says, waving a finger in the air.

Louis giggles, eyes still connected with Harry's. "No sir."

"Well you could be." Graeme mutters. "What's your favourite colour sonny?"

"Emerald green." Louis says simply, leaning his arms on the frame as he looks lovingly at Harry.

"That's nice." Graeme smiles into the distance.

"Mhmm." Louis murmurs, playing with some strings hanging off of Harry's uniform.

"Amber?" Graeme calls, causing Louis to rotate towards Mr. Marigold. "Amber! Can you make me some tea?" He shouts, grumbling under his breath.

Louis moves to get off of the couch to make him some tea, when Harry stands up and places a hand on Louis's arm as if to say 'I'll get it'.

Louis sighs, snuggling into his own hand as a comfortable silence settles over the room.

"What's your favourite sport?" Graeme asks after a couple of minutes.

Louis jumps, slightly shocked that Mr. Marigold remembers.

"I wa-wanted to be a che-cheerleader in HighSch-chool." Louis says.

"What happened?"

"None of the ki-kids liked me." Louis says softly.

"Why?" Graeme asks confused. "You're a lovely boy."

"I don't know." Louis says honestly. "Maybe I'm not-t a good da-dancer."

"Come now." Graeme says, flicking a finger towards the empty space in front of him.

Louis scrunches his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Show me a dance."

Louis stands up nervously, stretching for a few short moments to prevent injury. Once he's ready, his memory travels back to his cheer audition. He tries ignoring the cackles in his memories as he begins the exact same routine. Louis pops and locks, dancing as big as he possibly can, eyes closed. He doesn't even notice Harry walking back in as he body rolls and kicks his left leg up roughly.

Louis jumps together then out into a deep lunge as he gyrates his hips and runs his hands through his hair messily, back facing the small crowd. He then rapidly swings his arm back, throwing up a bent leg as he hops backwards. His feet come togther before he runs and does a perfect ariel, ending his routine breathing heavily.

Harry claps loudly and whistles, a large smile on his face. Mr. Marigold nods his head, an impressed look on his face.

"I think you went to school with a bunch of knob gobblers." Graeme says, smiling.

Louis blushes and rushes back to his seat on the couch.

"That was amazing Louis." Harry whispers, resisting the urge to kiss him because it will disturb Graeme.

"Tha-tha-thanks." Louis murmurs, cheeks tomato red.

"Really." Harry smiles, pecking his forehead quickly when Graeme isn't watching.

Louis flashes a soft smile, gaze on the floor.

Harry laughs awkwardly as he sits down behind the couch, realizing that the dance was more than just impressive to him.

"You okay HareBe-Bear?" Louis asks, staring over the edge of the couch.

Harry pulls his legs into his chest and clears his throat. "Yep. Just fine right here yanno."

Louis laughs and nods. "You're weird."

"Thank you." Harry bites his lip uncomfortably.

Louis opens his mouth to speak again, but the doorbell rings.

Harry nearly chokes on his spit. He knows who it is and doesn't exactly want to get up with his current situation and all.

"I'll get it." Louis smiles, skipping to the door.

"Hi." Yuriko says in confusion, not knowing who Louis is. "Do I know you?" She chuckles awkwardly, entering the house.

"No. I'm Louis. I live do-down the street-t." He smiles, holding out his hand for her to take.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Yuriko." She shakes his hand then peeks around the house in pursuit of Harry.

Now typically, Louis would have freaked out upon meeting someone new, but she has a calming air about her and her clothes are dark pink and light blue.

Harry appears from around the corner, pushing Graeme in his wheelchair.

"Hi Yuriko. I hope you don't mind, I brought a friend today." Harry smiles at Louis.

"As long as my dad is happy." She grins and looks down at her father.

"Louis is a fine fellow alright." Graeme says, rubbing his shirts and pants as if he is missing something.

"Good." Yuriko says sweetly, petting her father's hair. "Want to go and talk to Lou in the other room?"

"Sure." Graeme smiles happily.

Harry nods at Louis, and he pushes the wheel chair into the other room.

Once they were out of earshot, Yuriko asks, "How was he today?"

"He did a lot better today. Louis distracted him."

"He seems sweet." Yuriko says, watching the two talk.

"He's extremely sweet. Not a rotten bone in his body." Harry smiles widely, fondness in his eyes.

Yuriko turns to glance at Harry. "Oh, I've been meaning to ask..."

Harry looks over at her, reluctantly tearing his gaze from Louis.

"I'm getting married next month, and you've been very kind to my father so I wanted to invite you and your..." She looks between me and Louis. "Your significant other?"

Harry debates whether to speak about Leila, but decides not to. "That would be great." He smiles.
***
A/N: I'm literally going crazy. Break cannot come fast enough....

Until Next Time,

~~~~~~~BooBear🐻