Chapter 13

(Literally recorded this video this morning and posted it just for you guys)

***
Colour: Dark Green (Indicates rivalry. Ambition, greed, insecurity, and selfishness)

***
*Third Person Limited*

Ed lays in bed, dwelling on the past just as he did 12 years ago. It isn't fair that Marcus just randomly decides to force his way back into his life after all of his progress.

Edward's phone buzzes on the wooden bedside-table, snapping him out of his sleepy haze. He groans, yet still rolls over to check who texted him in case it was an emergency.

Hot Lips, 1:03 AM: Hey

Ed rolls onto his back, biting his lip as he cuddles his phone to his chest. His mind runs rampant with thoughts what do. Half of him is telling him to shut down his phone and pretend the text doesn't exist, but he can't deny the itch in the back of his skull begging him to reply. So Ed unlocks his phone and stares at the chat. It is terrible how much of a slave he is to that boy even after all those years.

Ed clicks off his phone without replying in shame before he places it back on the table. He just closes his eyes before his phone buzzes yet again. Ed glances at it through squinted eyes.

Hot Lips, 1:06AM: I know you're awake.

Ed unlocks his phone and types a reply this time.

Sent 1:07AM: I'm sleeping you ass.

Almost immediately, he recieves a response.

Hot Lips, 1:07AM: That's what you said 12 years ago, but we both know it wasn't true then, and sure as hell isn't now.

Ed giggles, tossing his arm over his eyes in memory of that day.

Sent 1:08AM: You suck.

Hot Lips, 1:08AM: I know ;)

Sent 1:08AM: Shut up.

Hot lips, 1:09AM: Make me.

Ed gasps, his cheeks burning red. His fingers move quickly against his phone screen.

Sent 1:10AM: I will not sext you!

Sent 1:10AM: This is absurd of you to think that I'm just going to crawl back into your arms after you abandoned me for that pretty little husband of yours. 😤

Hot Lips, 1:12AM: I bet you still have every single text I sent to you all those years ago, and I guarantee that you haven't changed my contact name.

Ed curses at himself for being so predictable.

Sent 1:13AM: This isn't fair...

Hot Lips, 1:13AM: Nothing in life is.

Ed squeezes his eyes shut, and places his phone on the bedside table, memories from the past flashing behind his eyes every time they closed.

Sent 1:16AM: Leave me alone, and go to sleep.

Hot Lips, 1:16AM: Still as bossy as ever.

Hot Lips, 1:16AM: Night Sweetcheeks.

Edward isn't going to let that devil wiggle his way back in to his life and destroy him again. He has been done with men for a long, long time.

***
{Victorian House on Cherry Lane}

Marcus sits at the island in the middle of his kitchen staring at the open chat on his phone. A blue line flickers in the text box, waiting for Marcus to type a reply.

"Maxy?" Louis calls from upstairs.

"I'll be up in just a minute!" Marcus yells, passing one last glance at his phone before powering it down.

He sighs, running a hand through his hair as he thinks about what he's just started.

Marcus treks up the steps to his bedroom where his beloved husband lays. Louis was the start of all this drama. At the time, Louis needed Marcus more than Ed, and Marcus felt obligated to help Louis out. Marc was infatuated with Louis, not to say he isn't now, but ever since he found out that Ed misses him, he just can't bring himself to let the opportunity pass him by.

Marcus grunts as he heaves himself into bed, wrapping his arms around a much awake Louis.

"Wh-Why were you awa-wake so la-late?" Louis giggles.

"I have a lot of work that's due tomorrow sweetie." Marcus lies, pushing a piece of hair behind Louis's ear.

"Oh okay. I don't want-t you to b-be over-tired tomor-row." Louis says solicitously.

"Don't worry BooBear. I'll be fine." Marcus says, kissing Louis on the forehead.

"I'm gla-glad." Louis whispers, looking up and into Marcus's eyes with such love.

Marcus broke the stare, guilt welling in his gut despite the fact that the worst thing he had done was text an old...friend.

Louis presses his lips to Marc's softly, his fingers curling into the fabric of Marcus's shirt. Marcus kisses back until Louis pulls away, their foreheads still connected.

"G-Goodnight." Louis mumbles, then rolls over onto his other side so that Marcus can spoon him.

Marc holds him tightly and smiles as he remembers Louis as he was when they first met. He figures that he might as well remember the positive things of the past if it's going to be dredged up again.

"Goodnight sweetheart." Marcus says, sighing sweetly before closing his eyes and drifting of to a wonderland of dreams.

***
*The Next Morning* {Ed's flat}

The shrill beeping of Edward's alarm echoes around the empty halls of his flat. If you don't know Ed, you'd probably think the place is vacant, but the truth is, he cleans when he's nervous or stressed.

Ed drops his duster and shuffles into his room to smack off the incesent beeping. He sighs once it stops, rubbing his temples in an attempt to soothe the pounding in his head.

Ever since he recieved those texts last night, his mind has been in a whirlwind of ethical dilemmas. Nothing about this is right his mind tells him over and over again, but his heart seems to have other ideas.

All of a sudden, Edward screams at the top of his lungs, jumping to his feet as his fists clench. This needs to stop now.

He rushes over to the bathroom, and pops two Advil in his mouth. His headache is becoming unbearable. Slowly Ed begins to take deep breaths to calm himself down, and soon enough his mind slows to a dull hum of activity.

He opens his eyes and stares in the mirror.

"Things have changed Edward. You can no longer ignore his presence in the back of your mind. You can't hide anymore. He's back and so are the insecurities, but you can't, I repeat can't lose it again. It's not-" His pep-talk is cut of by the ringing of his doorbell.

"Just a second!" He shouts, closing the pill bottle and placing it safely on the top shelf of his medicine cabinet.

Ed walks to the front door, fixing his hair and clothes to look semi-presentable. He takes a deep breath and pulls the door towards himself.

Ed's mouth opens as he registers the person standing in front of him, his eyes raking up and down the man's body as if he can't believe he is there.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" The man wonders, a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

***
A/N: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY GUYSSS!!!! WOOHOO!!! 11/11 BABY!!

Well I added Louis in this chapter just for kingdinkleman bc I heard you were sick and that you missed him, and you're one of my fav readers so I wanted to help make you feel better. I really hope you're up and running again soon! :)

Until Next Time,

~~~~~~BooBear🐻

P.S. I don't care if Ed wrote 18, that song is still Larry af, and if you don't believe that then we Houston we have a problem.