Chapter 10

Colour: Blue Grey (fear of new ideas)

***

*Third Person Limited*

"What were the headlines after a 3 foot 10 inch fortune teller escaped from prison?" Harry giggles, squeezing Louis tight.

"What?" Lou smiles, turning his head to the side as Harry nuzzles his nose into Louis's neck.

"Small Medium at Large." Harry and Louis burst out laughing simultaneously.

Louis claps his hands and bounces in Harry's lap. "Another! Another!"

"How does a Hawaiian baritone laugh?"

"H-How?"

"A low, ha!" Harry tickles Louis's belly until he falls out of Harry's lap, back pressed against the floor.

Harry hovers above Louis, smile prominent on his face.

Louis's shirt has ridden up to show his belly, hands clasped at his chest, knees bent. "Hi." Louis mumbles as he plays with his fingers.

"Hi." Harry exhales, curls falling into his face.

Harry's breathing slows, and the overwhelming urge to kiss Louis crashes down on him, and he finds himself leaning down to connect their lips. Harry feels the flutter of his eyelashes against his cheeks as his eyes close. Their lips brush before Harry feels a small hand placed on his chest with Louis's eyes on him.

"Hare-Bear." Louis giggles. "I'm si-sick. Smooches make y-you sick." Louis pouts, a finger on Harry's lips.

Harry smiles softly, removing Louis's hands from his body, pinning them to the ground by either side of Louis's head.

"Your kisses are so heavenly that I'm sure they can cure whatever illness is bestowed upon me." Harry whispers against Louis's lips, their foreheads pressed against one another's.

Harry captures Louis's bottom lip between his, savouring the sticky sweet moment. Louis rubs his fuzzy sock covered feet together as a rekindled warmth runs through his veins. Lou smiles and pulls away, turning to sneeze into his elbow like a kitten.

Harry chuckles and lets his head fall to rest against Louis's shoulder. "I'm sorry."

Louis wiggles a little, trying to make eye contact with Harry. "Wh-Why?" His stutter becomes more prominent as his belief that he's done something to hurt Harry grows.

"For kissing those beautiful, soft lips that don't belong to me." Harry looks at Louis, a yearning gleam in his eye.

"It's oka-ka-kay." Louis smiles and bites his lip, wrapping his legs around Harry's waist and his arms around Harry's neck, swinging from his lanky body like a koala. "Your lips are s-softer than Maxy's."

"Thank you." Harry says, rolling onto his back.

Louis snuggles into Harry's chest. "You're the first boy I've ki-kissed a part from Ma-Ma-Marc."

It is in that moment that Harry realizes that Louis doesn't think of kissing someone as a form of infidelity.

Harry just smiles and plays along. "I must be pretty special then."

"Very." Louis mumbles into Harry's chest.

***

*3 hours later*

"Marcy?" Louis mumbles, feeling around the couch, eyes still shut. "Marc!" Louis raises his voice slightly.

Louis's eyes shoot open after not getting a response. "Marc!" His voice comes out strangled, tears slipping out his eyes. "Marc." He whispers, slipping off of the couch, not bothering to push himself up off the ground.