Epilogue

(Marcus attached)

Dedicated to kingdinkelman because of the Marcus/Ed idea (:

A/N: As of right now, I don't think I'm doing a sequel, but I will more than likely come back to it in the future.

***

Colour: Cherry Red (Self love. Enhances relationships.)

***
*Third Person Limited*

Edward bursts into the bustling emergency room, tears rushing down his face. There's blood covering his clothes and his car is now dented from a minor crash that occurred on the way over, but all he cares about in this moment is saving Marcus.

"I don't kn-know what happened-ed." Ed stutters, chest heaving as sobs.

"Sir calm down. I'm going to need you to speak slowly." The nurse at the front desk orders in a kind but stern voice.

"I don't. Know. What happened." Ed says through clenched teeth. "Just help him!"

Edward shakes the limp body in his arm, shouting desperately at the woman. His eyes are wet and red rimmed, snot dribbling down his face.

"Alright sir. Just please sit and calm down." The woman says, calling over some male nurses with her fingers so they can take Marcus to a room.

"Can't I go with him?" Ed pleases, clutching the woman's arms.

She glances over at the nurses then turns and nods. "Sure sweetheart."

***

The car ride back to Ed's house was near silent, but boy was it loud. Everything is just so goddamned confusing right now. Ed has a girlfriend, but he feels so strongly towards Marc, and his whole plan is fucked now.

The minute the front door shuts behind them, Ed fists his hair and screams. "What the hell happened Marcus? This isn't supposed to be like this. You promised."

Marcus flinches at Ed's words. "I know I'm sorry, but I did something bad."

"Tell me what happened. Maybe I can help." Ed says desperately, grabbing at Marcus's hands.

"I-I..." Marc looks down in shame. "I slept with someone I work with and I don't remember anything. He's not a good person though."

"Do you guys have a history?" Ed asks, a pang of jealousy in his heart.

"He has a history with just about everyone. That's why it's horrible that I gave in." Marcus starts crying again.

Ed pulls him in tightly for a hug. "Just because he's a slut, it doesn't mean you are."

"I know." Marcus hugs him tightly. "I'm so sad and alone." He speaks like a child. "I can't stand being in my house anymore because everything in there was for him. My life is him."

"You've got to let him go Marcus. It's been 8 months since he left, and your divorce went through a few days ago. This needs to stop!" Ed says sternly. "This has to stop..."

Ed pulls away slightly, staring into Marcus's sad eyes.

"I know, but...what did I do wrong? What did I do?" Marcus pleads, seeking any type of answer.

"I don't know sweetheart." Ed rubs Marc's back and kisses his forehead.

After a few moments of silence Marc says, "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Caring."

"Of course, of course." Ed hugs Marcus again feeling terribly sorry the poor boy.

***
Harry walks out of the kitchen with a beautifully decorated cake with the words 'I love you' written in cursive on the top. He places it on the table then kisses Louis tenderly.

"Carrot cake. Your favourite." Harry smiles.

Louis beams at Harry as he cuts the cake. He places a slice on an ornate dish, carving out another piece.

A rainbow ring tumbles out of the cake covered in cream cheese frosting.

Louis points at it meekly, witholding a wide smile. "What's that?"

"This?" Harry hold it up, licking away some frosting.

"Yeah." He smiles shyly.

"Proof." Harry moves closer, their noses touching.

"Of?" Louis bites his lip.

"That you are mine and I am yours." Harry captures his lips in a passionate kiss, moving them sweetly.

"I love you so much." Louis says with joyful tears falling down his face.

"Don't cry lovebug." Harry thumbs away Louis's tears. "I love you too."

Harry slips the ring onto Louis's middle finger after wiping away the rest of the frosting with a napkin.

Harry pets Lou's hair. "All mine. Finally."

Louis smiles and glances towards the floor happily.

***
Ed unlocks the door to his flat expecting to be met with Marcus staring blankly at the wall ahead of him, but instead is met with emptiness.

Edward places his keys on the counter and notices a few papers next to a rose and old fashioned record player. He picks up the papers, reading off the first line.

"Play the record now." It reads.

The stylus meets the black record and begins playing 'Burn' by Ray LaMontagne.

This isn't some kind of que in the movie where you suddenly have an epiphany about my life, and the sudden urge to fight all odds to find me is unbearable. That's all a fantasy, and this is real life. You'll live without me, and I'll...be without you guys, and that's just how it goes. There is no reunion at the end of this story.

Things with Louis were different. It wasn't some näive relationship about sex, finding yourself, and personal gain. Our relationship was pure...real, and we were both in it simply for eachother, and nothing else. It was a mature kind of love that most people in life will never get a chance to experience, and that's why I've left.

I can't go on living a life where I have to try and explain to you guys the hurt I feel after losing him because you won't understand. You'll say I'm being overdramatic when I tell you how I'm a broken toy that can't be fixed, but you've never lost your balance.

In life we teeter on the edge, and very rarely, we are blessed with someone that holds us in place, but if you lose them...you go back to teetering. Except this time, you can't even move to try and catch your balance. You're stuck falling off the edge into a painful reel of memories that feel as though a rally of knives are ferociously puncturing your fragile skin at every turn, until suddenly, everything halts and your mind realizes that everything is a piece of them. You fused with that person. That person is now your life whether they are still in it or not. The truth is, everything reminds you of them because now the atoms of the world are that person. It defies the very laws of human nature and scientific research, but that...? Now that is pain that you surely cannot understand.

Please don't try and find me. This what's supposed to happen. Have a good life.

Marcus x
***

A/N: well... This is the end. Thank you all for taking this journey with me. It was a good one. My favourite so far :) Love you.

See You Next Story (hopefully),

~~~~~~BooBear🐻