Chapter 8

A/N: Yes that is me. Mind that I am in fact sick in this recording so it isn't my best singing. Ily. <3 hope it's okay. (Excuse le face)

***

Colour: Sky Blue (Increased psychic ability, lucid dreaming. Hope. Restful and peaceful. Aids Communication. Sincere affection.)

***

*Third Person Limited*

Harry and Louis sit on the couch, drapes drawn shut so the room is kept dark. Louis nuzzles against Harry's chest, eyes shut.

"Harry?" Louis murmurs.

"Yes LouBear?" Harry says, shifting and inhaling at the sudden noise.

"I'm sc-scared." His fist tighten around the fabric of Harry's shirt, legs curling into his body more.

"Should I turn the movie off?" Harry asks, rubbing Louis's back.

"No. I'm no-not scared of that. Those are just-t cartoons." Louis opens his eyes and looks directly up at Harry.

"What's wrong then?" Harry asks tenderly.

Louis lays his head back on Harry's chest. "I'm sc-scared of death."

Harry stays silent, trying to form a coherent thought. He opens his mouth. "You know. A friend of mine named Leila once said the same thing to me a long time ago."

"Is she okay?" Louis says, just above a whisper.

"She's more than fine. She's doing great things." Harry says in nostalgia.

"Do you mi-miss her?"

"No. Why would you think that?"

"You look sa-sad when you spe-speak of her." Louis wraps his arms around Harry's waist.

"I'm just remembering how life used to be when I was younger. How Leila used to be when she was younger." Harry chuckles. "She was such a little spitfire, still is, and she would always make me question the simple things in life. Nothing was as it appeared to be on the surface to her. She always seemed to grasp something...more."

"Le-Leila sounds like a wo-wonderful person." Louis smiles. "It would b-be fun to talk to her somet-time."

"I'm glad." Harry pushes some hair out of Louis's face. "She's been wanting to meet you anyway."

Louis yawns and nods, stretching his small arms before cuddling into Harry's abdomen. Harry leans against the couch, supporting Louis better as his legs surround Lou's body.

"Sing." Louis whispers.

Harry hesitates, pausing the movie. He sings the first song that comes to mind.

"Stay awake, don't rest your head. Don't lay down upon your bed. While the moon drifts in the sky, stay awake don't close your eyes." Louis's breathing deepens indicating that he's asleep. "Though the world is fast asleep, though your pillow's soft and deep, your not sleep as you seem. Stay awake, don't nod and dream. Stay awake, don't nod and dream."

Harry stops, just holding the lovely boy in his arms. If life could be like this everyday, it would be heaven on Earth.

After a few minutes of sitting like this, Harry decides to bring Louis up to bed. As Harry picks him up, Louis mumbles, shuffling slightly before falling back to sleep.

Harry climbs the stairs gingerly until he reaches the opening to the master bedroom. He walks inside and carefully lays Louis on the bed, pulling the covers up to his shoulders.

Harry turns around to leave, when a soft hand touches his thigh. "No." Louis whispers, shuffling beneath the covers.

"What's wrong?" Harry asks, suddenly alert.

"Cold."

"Do you want another blankie?" Harry asks, turning around to go grab one.

"No. I want-t you." Louis clasps my hand tightly, eyes still shut. "Snu-SnuggleBear."

Harry freezes in ecstatic shock. Louis just gave him a pet name, and asked him to stay. It's probably nothing, but Harry can't deny the jump in his heart.

"Su-Sure." Harry says, shaking out his curls as he wanders over to the large bed. He awkwardly crawls under the covers, and lays with his hands pressed to his sides.

"You're a t-terrible SnuggleB-Bear." Louis chuckles, launching his body towards Harry's. He latches onto his side, rubbing and tangling their legs together. "No-Now you hug m-me back." Louis instructs.

Harry stiffly wraps an arm around Louis's shoulders, while the other holds his waist.

"Relax." Louis whispers, squeezing Harry's torso reassuringly.

Harry calms down a bit, holding Louis closer. Lou sighs in content.

"Cuddly." Louis giggles.

Harry stays silent. Enjoying the moment. He's a bit out of words at the intimate contact. Harry never thought he would be here.

***

*2 hours later*

The bed tilts as Louis slides off to run down the stairs. Harry jolts awake, exhaling and gathering his surroundings. He looks around the room then plops his head back on the pillow.

Harry groans and rolls over. "I'm so tired." Harry says, rubbing his eyes and yawning. "LouLou?" Harry rolls over. "You awake?"

He's met with an empty space next to him. Suddenly, Harry starts panicking. He throws off the covers and runs out of the room.

"Louis! Where are you?" Harry shouts, trekking down the hall upstairs.

"Louis?" Harry calls, pushing open a door that is slightly propped open.

The room is extremely bright, and large, various murals covering the walls. Harry gasps at the sea of colour.

"Hi." Louis giggles, from the corner of the room. His face is splattered with lively paints, sleeves pushed up past his elbows.

"There you are Louis." Harry breathes out a sigh of relief, a hand pressed to his chest.

Louis smiles cheekily, turning away to dip his paintbrush in some more paint.

Harry glances around the room in wonder. "Did you do all of this yourself?"

Louis nods, dragging his paintbrush across a portion of the wall.

"How long have you been painting this room?" Harry asks, stepping inside to see more.

"8 years." Louis says simply as he focuses on his work.

"It's beautiful." Harry resists the urge to add on, 'like you'.

"Thank you Harry." Louis says.

Harry sits down, taking into account that Louis isn't stuttering.

"How does this room make you feel?" Harry wonders aloud.

"Calm...and happy." Louis smiles, pivoting to stare at Harry.

"Has Marcus seen it?"

Louis shakes his head and looks down. "No. I never let him come in here. Well, not until it's finished at least."

Harry nods in understanding, hugging his legs close to his chest.

"You're lucky." Louis states. "You're the first person to know my secret." Louis places a finger to his lips, and says 'sh'.

***

A\N: I'm exhausted and got an 80 on my math test ;((((( URGH. I'm frustrated with myself.

Until Next Time,

~~~~~BooBear🐻