Chapter 20

Colour: Blue Violet (Honour, spiritual truth, devotion, inspiration)

***
*Third Person Limited*
~1AM- the night of the bonfire~

Leila and Harry sit on their couch having a deep conversation to catch up on everything that has happened in the other's life. Leila has been gone a lot lately since she's a dancer on Justin's world-wide tour Believe. Right now she's on a week break for the holidays.

"How's performing going?" Harry asks.

Leila's eyes light up. "Oh my god it is so much better than I ever thought it could be. The lights, the screaming people, and the adrenaline. It is perfect, and I've made so many friends. All the rehearsal was worth it."

Harry smiles, happy that she is happy. "That's amazing!"

Leila nods, sighing in content.

"And how's Justin?" Harry wiggles his eyebrows and nudges her shoulder.

Leila crunches her face in distaste. "About that..."

"Oh god. What'd you do now?" Harry wipes a hand down his face.

"The reason I started dating him isn't the most honourable one." Leila says, shamefully pushing a piece of hair out of her eyes.

"And what would that be?"

"Adam said the only way to get over someone you love is to sleep with someone else."

Harry makes an 'o' shape with his mouth.

"Harry...I've kind of fallen for you, but Adam was right. It's starting to fade just a bit. Maybe if I stick with it for a long time, it'll go away completely." She smiles half-heartedly.

"Leila." Harry makes a face of sympathy, and places a hand on her shoulder. "Don't lead someone on. It's not right."

"But how else am I supposed to get over you?" There were tears in her eyes.

"I don't know."

Leila quickly wipes at her eyes. "Crying is stupid."

Harry yanks her into a tight hug, falling back on the couch. "Cry on my shoulder dear."

Leila starts squirming. "You ass. I hate you."

"But I thought you loved me." Harry fake cries, rolling on top of her. "I'm devastated. Wh-why?"

Leila gasps for air and shoves Harry's chest. "Get off me you fat butt."

"Why you gotta be so ruuuuuude? Don't you know I'm human toooooo?" Harry screeches as he sits up.

"You aren't human. You're a descendant of the ancient Sasquatch race." Leila laughs, wiggling out of his grasp.

Harry sighs, wide smile on his face. "Do you like Justin?"

Leila nods. "I think I'm starting to. He's really sweet, and treats his woman like a princess." She places her hands on her forehead, pretending to make a crown.

"Then you should stay with him." Harry squeezes her shoulder. "You know I would love you like that if I could."

"I know Harry. I know." She smiles.

***
~The Next Morning - Victorian House~

When Marcus awoke, he noticed a suitcase full of Louis's clothes and last night flooded back into his mind. He sighs, not ready to face Louis, let alone the rest of the world.

Marcus grabs his cellphone and calls in sick to work, then proceeds to pull on an old T-shirt.

"Louis!" He calls through the eerily silent home. It doesn't feel like home anymore. It feels like a cold, barren wasteland with painful memories lurking behind every corner.

"Hold on a second-d." Louis says into his phone. "Max?"

Marcus smiles sadly as Louis comes into view. "So um...what happens now?"

Louis shifts uncomfortably. "I don't kn-know."

Marcus needs to take control of this situation since Louis doesn't really understand what a divorce is.

"Are you going to stay with Harry for awhile?"

Louis nods.

"We'll have to talk a lot about this with proffesional people if this is what you want permanantly."

Louis frowns, but nods nonetheless.

"Well...um. I can help you pack if you'd like."

"I'd appreciate-te that." Louis smiles, pushing away the regret rising in him.

Marcus smiles weakly, eyes puffy from weeping. He nods then walks back upstairs.

Louis puts his phone back up to his ear. "Are you sti-still there-re Harry?"

"Yes love. Is everything okay?"

Louis closes his eyes and sighs happily. "I-I guess."

Harry frowns on the other end. "What's wrong LoveBug?"

"I'll tell you when-n you pick me u-up." Louis says.

"Alright."

"It's okay with yo-you and Lei-Leila right?" Louis asks nervously.

"Oh definitely. She's leaving tomorrow to go back on tour."

"Okay. See you soon."

***
*Later that Night*

Louis sits alone, surroundings blurred by a thick layer of fog. He shakes, sweat pouring down his body from the fear. Louis knows there's something horrible out there. Something that kills, but he doesn't what it is or where it is.

Louis takes off running, tripping and falling over a large tree root. He screams as he falls, immediately regretting it.

Something in the distance growls, leaves crunching under the weight of the animal.

"No! Please! Stop!" Louis screeches, scrunching the leaves in his hands.

His body shakes with sobs as the animal moves into his line of sight. It's a hog with humongous fangs and a rider. The rider is Marcus.

"Ma-Marcus?" Louis quivers as he sits up.

"Kill him." Marcus orders the hog.

Louis's eyes widen. Why would he do that?

The hog charges and Marcus slips off, morphing into a pile of rotten flesh, his black heart still beating.

Louis breathes heavily, hand clutching his chest as he searches for air. He's panicking and there is no one there to save him. The hog jumps onto Louis, crushing his bones. Lou screams out in pain as the hog bites into his side.

"Stop." He yells weakly, life fading from his body. Louis claws at the hog helplessly.

"Louis. Louis. Shh it's okay. You're okay." Harry says, holding down Louis's body as he crawls back into bed.

"No ple-please stop it. Don't ki-kill me. I'm s-s-sorry. I didn't me-mean it-t." He cries, kicking at Harry.

"It was a dream. I'm right here. Nobody hurt you." Harry locks Louis into place using his legs and arms, awkwardly pushing hair out Louis's eyes.

"Ha-Harry." Tears slip out of Louis's eyes, odd noises falling from his lips.

Harry plasters kisses all over Louis's face. "I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise. I promise."

Louis's breathing and heart rate slow to a normal rate. "Tha-Thank you Hazzy."

Harry moves off of Louis and spoons him from behind, kissing his ear. "I love you."

"Lo-Love you too." Louis whispers, body still quivering from the nightmare.

Harry decides not to leave the room again just in case Lou is plagued once again with bad visions.

***
A/N: this is literally the most awkward ending to a chapter ever. I'm laughing.

Until Next Time,

~~~~~~BooBear🐻