Chapter 19

A/N: this story has too many loose ends ugh

Anyway, this is going to end soon. Maybe 4 more chapters or so and a spicy epilogue?

***

Colour: Avocado Green (New Beginnings)

***

*Third Person Limited*

It's 10 PM and the beach bonfire is in full swing. Laughter, guitar riffs, and singing fill the frigid air. Happiness all around.

Louis and Harry steal short glances in the moonlight, enjoying eachother's company, even if it is from afar.

Ed stands up, laughing loudly as he looks around at everyone. "Ellie and I are going to do a duet now so everyone shut up."

Low giggles are heard from around the group as Edward begins strumming. Ellie begins singing first, and Harry immediately catches on. It's one of his favourites: Your Song by Elton John.

Ed joins in on the chorus, causing Marcus to shift uncomfortably. Harry notices, eyes darting between Edward and Marc as realization dawns on him. Questions flood into Harry's mind as to why Marcus is acting jealous after 12 years, but he pushes them away, not wanting it to ruin his night.

Louis scoots over to Harry and whispers in his ear. "I need help."

"Yes love?" Harry asks, turning to face Louis, their close proximity knocking the wind out of Harry.

"I want to leave Marcus." Louis says seriously, stutter dissipating momentarily.

Harry looks taken aback. He knew that Louis liked him, but he had no idea that his feelings were this strong. And it's not that it is bad thing, he just knows that this is a humongous decision that requires careful thought.

"Are you sure about this Lou?" Harry places a hand on Louis's shoulder. "You know that you can't go back once you've gone through with this right?"

Louis nods, answering quietly. "I know Harry. I'm prepared to give him up. He's given me 12 luxurious years as a prince, but now I've found someone who makes me feel even better. You. And I'm not about ready to pass him up."

Harry smiles. "I love you."

Louis's eyes flutter shut. This is the first time he's heard those words escape Harry's lips.

"I love you too." He replies genuinely.

Ed and Ellie finish their song, while Louis moves back over to Marcus who didn't even notice he was gone.

"Harry!" Ed shouts, pointing over to him. "Your turn."

"I don't have anything." Harry says a bit caught off guard.

"Oh come on. Sing anything, say anything. I know you write stuff. I've read your diary." Ed wiggles his eyebrows.

"Edward." Harry grumbles, cheeks burning red in embarrassment.

Leila smirks then whispers something into Justin's ear. She starts counting on her fingers until she hits 5. Leila and Justin start screaming 'Harold' in a chant, smiling at eachother fondly. Soon enough, everyone joins in and he's forced to give in to quiet everyone down.

Harry stands up with his hands high in surrender. "Alright, Alright. Give me your guitar fire face."

Ed sticks his tongue out at Harry while handing over his guitar. Once Harry has a good grip on the instrument, Ed sits down and kisses Ellie sweetly, rocking them back and forth. Ellie giggles and places a hand over her mouth when they pull away.