Chapter 15

Colour: Dark Turqoise (Helpful for feelings of loniness, heightens communication, sensitivity, creativity)

***
{Flash to the Past}
*Third Person Omniscent*

Marcus Maxwell and Edward Sheeran met on their first day of Kindergarten, and the connection between them was indescribable. It was the spark of something that would soon explode into an eternal flame.

Now, things between the two weren't always laughs and smiles. These two lads used to fight like the Angel and the Devil. From the minute Marcus was born, he began kindling his wickedness through the use of small acts: breaking things on accident, biting people, and excreting on household items. Marcus's parents honestly had no idea how to tame him. Edward on the other hand, was born with one hand out to help whoever needed it. He would keep quiet when his parents were working, clean the house with his mother from the moment he could walk, and best of all, cheer up anyone who was blue. Edward's parents felt blessed every day of their life to have come across such a lovely child.

{Flashback}

"Hey fire face." Marcus snickered, shuffling through the sand towards Edward.

"Hey brownie." Ed said nonchalantly, continuing to build his sand dome.

"Yo sunburn!" Marcus shouts, kicking down the dome that Ed had been slaving over for twenty minutes.

Edward's lip started to shake, tears welling in his eyes as he looked up at Marcus.

"Meanie Marcus!" Ed said slightly louder than his usual voice. "Meanie!" He cried, pointing and rubbing his eyes.

"Yea, yea starry night." Marcus rolled his eyes and plopped down in the sand box.

Ed continued to blubber about the assult on his sand dome, rapidly wiping at the tears that slid down his face. "Wha-What did I ev-ve-ver d-do to you?" He whimpered.

"You blinded and burned me." Marcus remarked in a bored manner as he used a stick to draw in the sand.

"H-How?" Ed asked, clutching the bottom of Marc's stick to gather his attention.

"The gingervitous syndrome infected me." Marcus said, holding onto the opposite end of the stick as he stared directly at Ed's face.

"Wha-what?" Ed sniffled, using his free hand to push up his bulky glasses.

"YOUR ORANGE, FIRE HAIR AND PUMPKIN FRECKLES TOUCHED ME!" Marcus leaned into Ed's face as he screamed, causing the fragile boy to fall over in the sand.

Edward burst into tears and started wailing loudly as he screeched and snotted in the sand. Immediately a teacher heard the calls and rushed over to mediate the situation.

Mrs. Margaret knelt next to Ed, rubbing his arm. "What's wrong sweetie? Are you hurt?"

"Major Menace Maxwell said I have gingervitous and he broke my castle and screamed at me." Edward ratted, pointing harshly at the brown haired boy who was mindlessly carving figures into the sand.

"Marcus is this true?" Mrs. Margaret asked seriously, shifting her gaze to Marc.

"Yea sure. Whatever the little devil told you..." Marcus whispered in a blasé manner as if getting in trouble was tiresome.

"Come with me then Marcus." The teacher said sternly, grabbing his arm to take him to the principal's office.

"Thank you Mrs. Margaret." Ed sniffled.

She smiled. "You're welcome Edward."

***

That night Marcus had come home to a crying mother and a screaming father. Nothing new there.

Marcus gazed at the floor and slunk past his parents to sneak up the stairs like usual. Just another night with a hungry tummy and a crowded head.

Edward, who lived on the other end of the street, had come home to two parents bombarding him with questions about his day and studies. Ed smiled and chatted them up about everything that had happened that day, not paying any mind to their horrified reactions to his story about Marcus.

Later that night, Ed snuck from his room and saw his parents whispering heatedly in the dim light of the dining room. Clearly they were having a fight. That was until they spotted Ed and herded him back into his room.

The next day, Edward's mother went over to Marcus's house to have a long talk with the boy's mother. She knocked on the door angrily, not letting up until a weeping woman trying to compose herself opened the door.

"Hi." The woman forced a smile. "Can I help you?"

"Are you Marcus Crenshaw's mother?" Edward's mother asked more softly than her knock.

"Oh yes." The mother smacked her lips nervously. "I'm Meredith." She held out her hand, which Ed's mother accepted hesitantly.

"Imogen." Mrs. Sheeran said, staring at Meredith intensly.

"It's nice to meet you." Mrs. Crenshaw replied. "Would you like to come in?"

"Um, sure why not." Imogen smiled half-heartedly as she entered the gloomy home.

"I'm sorry about what my son did to your boy. He's dealing with a lot right now." Meredith said quietly as she sat down at the table.

"I see." Imogen nodded. "But something needs to be done about his behavior because I don't want my son or anyone's else's child being traumatized by him."

"I'm really sorry. I'm trying. We're trying. He just won't listen to us, and he's angry at both of us, as well as upset because we've been fighting, and I'm sorry you probably don't want to hear all this." The mother said, crying once again with her head in her hands.

"It's alright." Mrs. Sheeran smiled, placing a hand on Mrs. Crenshaw's. "I can help you."

Those words were the beginnings of a new friendship that ended up being more than beneficial for the two.

***
A/N: Anyway, I'm going to be making a fanfic/one-shot-series that purely belongs to the story of Marc and Ed. It'll have more detail on all this. WHOO! I also have some story ideas for after this ends😏.

Until Next Time,

~~~~~BooBear🐻