Chapter 3

Colour: Dark Pink (gentle, unconditional love, thankfulness, concentrated spiritual healing)

***

*Third Person Limited*

"Hi boo." Marcus whispers, rubbing Louis's back to wake him from his slumber. "I made you some breakfast."

Louis's eyes flutter open in the most adorable manner as he smiles like a little child. He rubs his eyes, Mr. Rockwell safely tucked in the crook of his elbow.

"Mo-Morning." Louis says drowsily, head resting on his pillow.

Marcus rubs Louis's bare leg. "I want you to stay in bed and rest today okay?"

Louis nods, turning to glance at the clock. "Ba-Babe! You're la-late!" Louis says in alarm, chest rising and falling at a rapid pace.

"Shh it's okay. I'm staying home to take care of my LouBear today. I don't want you hurting yourself anymore than I did last night." Marcus smiles, carressing Louis's cheek.

Lou's eyebrows furrow together in confusion. "But-t last night f-felt amaz-zing. It didn't-t h-hurt."

"I'm glad BooBear, but I don't want you leaving bed unless you let me carry you to your destination." Marcus winks and stands up from the bed.

Louis giggles, holding his arms out for Marcus to lift him. "Okay."

"But I made you breakfast in bed." Marcus says, handing over a tray with bacon, eggs, French toast, and orange juice on it.

Louis smiles and puckers out his lips, waiting for a kiss to be bestowed upon him, which he gets.

"My marvelous prince." Marcus sighs, watching Louis dig into his breakfast.

A low buzz comes from Marcus's pocket and he excuses himself from the room to answer.

"Hello. Marcus speaking. What can I do for you?"

"Ooh. So professional." A seductive voice says over the phone.

"Judas. I thought I told you to leave me alone. I'm not interested." Marcus harshly whispers, shutting his bedroom door softly.

"But I am certainly interested in you."

Marcus cringes at the words, and huffs. "Is there something you needed?"

"Well I need your jui-"

"Judas. Shut your filthy mouth, I'm married. Now unless you have something to ask me about work, I best be getting back to my beautiful husband that I love dearly." Marcus growls, switching his phone to the other ear.

"Well uh..." Judas loses some composure. "I was wondering if you were willing to come by my place and work on me."

Marcus is fuming with anger. "I'm filing a restraining order against you." Then he hangs up the phone and shoves it into his pocket before reentering the bedroom.

"Wh-Who was that-t?" Louis asks as he chews on some from French toast.

"Just someone from work sweetheart. Don't worry." Marcus lays back on the bed, an arm around Louis's shoulders.

"Can w-we watch a m-movie now?" Louis asks, his plate cleared of all food.

Marcus heaves Louis into his arms bridal style. "Yes of course my love."

Louis, clad in one of Marcus's oversized sweatshirts, his fuzzy pants from the night before, and a grey beanie, wraps his arms around Marc's neck as they venture down the stairs.

"Now remember Lou," Marcus begins, setting Louis down on the couch. "Not everyone is as observant of colours as you are." Marcus throws a soft blanket over Louis. "So don't be alarmed okay?"

Louis nods. "I kn-know."

"What do you want to watch?" Marc asks, sifting through their DVDs.

"B-B-Back Up Plan!" Louis shouts, smiling widely as he bounces up and down.

"Okay love." Marcus says, slipping the DVD into the player. He had a feeling that Louis was going to choose that film. It is his favourite after all.

Marcus sits down on the couch and kisses Louis as the opening credits play.

***

Halfway through the movie, Louis starts puffing out his tummy, clutching it with his hands. He pouts, puffing it out again while he looks down.

"Hey Ma-Marky?" Louis asks, keeping his gaze down.

"Yes love?" Marcus sighs as he shifts and kisses Louis's cheeks, pretending that he has been awake.

"When her tu-tummy gets big and-d a baby comes o-out, what is that-t called?" Louis asks, rubbing his belly.

"That means she was pregnant." Marcus explains, yawning a bit.

"Then I'm-m pregnan-nt." Louis smiles, finally looking up at Marcus.

Marcus's smile softens. "No sweetheart. I'm afraid that's impossible."

Louis frowns in confusion. "But-t my tum-my is big."

"Men can't get pregnant love. I'm sorry." Marcus hugs Louis tightly as Louis stares down at his hands.

"Why can't I-I make you a ba-baby?" Louis's bottom lip starts to tremble, tears welling in his eyes.

"Oh it's not your fault honey. No man can make a baby. We don't have the parts that allow them to grow." Marcus says, pulling Louis into his lap and rocking him slightly.

"Bu-but." Louis sputters, bursting out into tears. "You de-deserve someone that-t can do-oo that for you."

"You're the only one for me Louis. Baby or not, I love you, and only you." Marcus says, turning Louis's chin to face him. "Now if you want a baby I'm sure we can arrange for one, I just never knew that was something you were interested in." Marcus says sweetly.

Marc has always wanted to have a baby with Louis, but it just seems like such a difficult thing with Louis's condition and all. But now... If that's something Louis wants then it shall be done.

"R-Really? You don't m-mind if I can't m-make you a-a baby?" Louis says, wiping his eyes.

"Of course not boo."

Louis smiles. "I l-love you."

"I love you too."

"And M-Marc?" Louis looks up at his husband lovingly. "I w-would love a ba-baby."

***

A/N: why do I do this to myself? *throws phone*

Until Next Time,

~~~~~~BooBear🐻