1

Ring, ring.
The sudden noise coming from my doorbell made me jump out of bed and instinctively grab the gun which was lying under my pillow. I walk towards the door, my eyes not leaving it once. My heartbeat is fastening with every step that I make towards the door.
"Wake uuuup."
It was a deep voice, deep like an ocean, deep like the color of black. It gave me goosebumps.
Still not making any noise I peek through the spyhole.
Who is that? Don't fall into it, he could be another contract killer.
"Mina are you there?"
Mina? Who is Mina?
Now the person is knocking on my door harshly.
"Mina?! Did something happen are you okay?!"
Then I notice something. A small almost too silent whiny noise, from behind me. Preparing my gun I turn around and point the gun right onto forehead of a young woman. She's shaking and her eyes are filled with fear. Someone tied her up and stuffed her mouth with a towel.
Suddenly my brain overwhelms me with all the memories from the past 2 weeks. I needed a place to stay at, so I moved in with her. But why is she gagged? The knocking gets louder almost making it unable to hold myself back from opening the door to shoot this person right in the head.
"Is that your boyfriend?", I whisper to the girl. She hesitated before shaking her head almost too hectic.
Still confused about the situation I remove the gag.
"Don't make any noise.", I whisper.
She's nodding, staring at my gun. I guess you'll have a lot of explanation to do later...
"I wouldn't answer that if I were you.", someone behind me says. It isn't Mina. No... This voice is much harsher. Like a strong woman's voice. Then I hear the noise of a gun being loaded. This indeed can't be Mina. It's someone else.
"Nice to see YOU. I thought I won't ever be able to catch one of the best criminals on earth. It's so exciting."
Mina whimpers at the word "criminal". That's it. Mina knows who I am and that makes her my enemy. But for now I have to focus on the one and only enemy who is standing right behind me with a gun.
Despite the knocking which didn't stop at all.
"What do you want?", I ask, being followed by a scoff.
"Your head money."
"For real? It took you 2 damn weeks to find me, thinking it would be so easy to just kill me or kidnap me?"
I turn around facing the woman. She seems a bit younger than me. My sudden move makes her eyes widen.
"I know you sweetheart.", I smirk. She's the new girl in my  gang's enemy.
"Don't move or I'll shoot."
"You won't. Because you're weak."
The woman doesn't know what to do anymore. Her plan seems to be destroyed by me and I would lie if I said it wasn't funny.
"Might be true that I won't shoot you but...", she grabs Mina and places the gun on her head.
"Mina? Is everything okay? Are you there?", Mina's boyfriend  from outside asks.
"Tell him to go."
Mina looks at me tears forming in her eyes. I simply shake my head gesturing her to do stay silent.
"Tell him!"
Mina whimpers again as the woman pulls her hair roughly. Then something unexpected happens. Mina's boyfriend kicks against the door and... it breaks open. Everything happened in slow motion. I know if I'm not going to act now, everyone's going to be killed.
"Mina?", the boy breathes out as he analyzes the scenario in front of him.
"Taehyung.", Mina whispers back with tears in her eyes.
Suddenly the woman points her gun at Taehyung.
"Taehyung run!", Mina yells.
"Go down!", I command before I jump in front of him, my gun pointing at the woman. Slowly breathing I aim and shoot. Sadly it didn't even come near to the woman's head.
"Stop screaming bitch!", she yells at Mina and points the gun at her again.
"No!" It came from Taehyung.
But it was too late. Before anyone could even say anything the woman shot Mina down. My mind went blank.
She is innocent. It is my fault that her life had to end this way. I point my gun at the woman. This time with a lot more anger.
Shot.
Thud.
The woman's body fell down not moving ever again. Taehyung ran to his girlfriend.
"Mina! Mina wake up! We- we'll call an ambulance just... just stay with me." Taehyung's sobbing and crying noises came from the back of his heart, breaking mine.
"She won't come back.", I say with a blank face.
"What? No... she promised me that we'll stay together... forever... we want to marry in 5 years and... and have kids 2 years later. One boy and two girls. We already planned everything.", he gains more confidence in his words.
Tears forming in my eyes, I shake my head and point at the bleeding injury in her head.
"Taehyung she's already gone.", I whisper.
Just then I hear a police siren from far away.
"I need to go."
I'm still a murderer, a criminal. I need to hide.
Searching for my things, I halt next to Taehyung who is watching me.
I should kill him too and let it look like a fight between those two... He could tell the police about me...
I hold up my gun but something inside me, is against my decision. It fights against me. My hand which is holding the gun starts shaking and my breathing gets faster.
Taehyung closes his eyes.
No... this is wrong. You have enough blood on your hands.
I hate this. It's the meaning of being weak. Being weak is something I never wanted to think of.
"I can't!"
"What?"
"Fuck it! Just... are you going to report me?", I ask.
The sirens are coming closer, I need to hurry.
He hesitantly shakes his head.
"I'm begging you please don't mention me. It would cause more deaths...", I say, after turning around.
Then I go.
"Wait!"
I halt once again.
"You killed my girlfriend!"
A sad smile is forming my lips.
"People say a lot of bad things about me."
With that I'm leaving. Maybe I am a cold hearted psychopath. Or maybe I'm just a lonely person that happens to choose the worst way in order to have a reason to live.