11

"Y/N! Y/N WAKE UP!" 

It was a familiar voice. But the voice is so far away.

"Y/N YOU NEED TO OPEN YOU EYES. Please..."

I tried to open my eyes a bit. My whole body hurts. 

"Why is it so  loud in here?", I ask with a weak voice. Someone was holding me in their arms, carrying me somewhere. I couldn't see who it was since my view is so blurry and unclear. Wait...  Weren't we on a mission?  

"Did we make it? Do we have the kid?"

"Jungkook brought him to the car."

"That is... great..." 

My breaths become heavier again and my eyelids are slowly closing. If Jungkook brought the kid to the car then... Is it really Taehyung who is carrying me?

"Hey, hey! Hold on. You need to stay with me, Y/N. Don't close your eyes."

Taehyung shakes me in panic, so I open my eyes again. My view gets clearer and...

"It really is you.", I whisper. He didn't answer.

"What happened?"

"There's no time to talk about that now. At first we need to get out here? Can you walk?"

He stops walking and carefully places my feet on the ground. But my legs are too weak, they can't carry my weight anymore. 

"I hate this.", I hiss. Showing others that I am too weak is the worst for me. Taehyung's gaze seems worried as he watches me trying to simply stand on my feet.

"Wrap your arms around my neck.", he suddenly says.

"What?!"

"Y/N there's no time for this! Just do as I say!"

I look at him hesitantly. Being the impatient person he is, he sighs and lifts me up as if I was a feather. Out of instinct I wrap my arms around his neck before looking up at his face. He just looks forward while carrying me bridal style through this burning mess. Due to the heat his face was already covered with sweat. To be honest... he really attracts me... We've almost reached the way out when I felt my energy completely leaving my body.

"Taehyung." It was just a silent whisper, asking for help. 

"Yoongi prepare the first aid kid! Jimin inform Mister Jeon!"

Jimin drove right in front of the building and Jungkook already opens the door. All I remember is how Taehyung carefully placed me on his lap, while Jungkook shut the door close again and Jimin quickly drove away. Someone was trying to stop the bleeding from my wounds and someone else was stroking my hair. Then I fell asleep.

I don't know for how long I slept nor where I was. All I knew was that when I woke up, I found myself in a familiar yet unknown room. Sometimes a person came in to check up on me but I was just to weak to open my eyes to look who it was. So I allowed myself to sleep as long as my energy needs to return. The sleeping itself wasn't really a problem. My dreams were. It was rather me confessing my feelings to Taehyung and Jungkook running away or Mister Jeon telling me to leave the gang because I've messed up. The thoughts of almost losing me members, especially Jungkook are constantly surrounding my mind. Suddenly something cold touches my skin. I instantly open my eyes.

"So you finally decided to wake up." It was Taehyung. Of course it had to be him.

"For how long did I sleep?"

"5 years."

"What?!"

"Joking.", he laughs.

"Kim Taehyung!"

"You've been sleeping for the whole day. It's 6PM."

"Oh..."

He placed a wet towel on my forehead. 

"Did Mister Jeon already say something about... this situation?", I ask quietly. I couldn't look at him, I am too ashamed. They call me the best criminal but now where I think of it...

"He is waiting for you to wake up. Specifically he didn't say anything about all this but..."

Taehyung pressed his lips together and sighed.

"You know what. You can stay here. Jungkook and the others are okay. Just take a break and... think about everything before you go to Jeon."

I don't know why but I didn't even feel like leaving. Usually I would want to see Jungkook. I guess Jimin is with him anyways and... how am I supposed to look Jungkook in the eyes after I almost let him run into death's arms? 

"Just why do you care so much about me?", I whisper. "I was so mean to you and even after messing up..."

"You didn't mess up on your own, Y/N."

He still didn't look at me. As he was chewing on his lower lip, he tries to think about what to say.

"I don't know either what it is. Every time I see you I just get the strong feeling that I need to... to... ", he sighs and his hands wander up to his already messy hair. Now where I look at him closely I can see that he seems extremely tired.

"You remind me of her."

Even though his voice was shaking, I clearly understood what he has just said. And I know who he means. Then suddenly he starts sobbing and sniffing. His whole body is shaking. My eyes widen. 

"I always... tried to... to move on...I know this is not right to say but... I can't help it...", he tries to say through sobs. 

Before I knew it, my body forces itself to sit up and wrap my arms around his torso. And as I placed my cheek on his shaking back, he starts crying even harder. We stayed like this for hours. After a while he even turned around to properly hug me. He rested his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist. When he stopped crying I've realized that he had fallen asleep. My hand moves upwards from his back to his neck, my fingertips already touching his hair. I started caressing his hair hesitantly. It was soft and thick. 

"Oh, Y/N. What have you just done?", I say to myself. 

Carefully I lay Taehyung in his bed and stand up to leave the room. I've made a decision. 

*small time skip*

"Are you sure you want this?"

"Yes."

"There's absolutely no turning back after this."

I take a deep breath.

"I hope so."

"Y/N, last time. Are you really sure?"

I look up and place my gun on his desk.

"Yes Mister Jeon. I've brought shame to our gang and to you. Your son almost died but not only him, everyone was in danger. Many people are dying because if me. I can't be in a gang Mister Jeon, I am a person that only can work all alone. So I am telling you. Take this back and let me leave the gang. I will go in peace and always thankfully look back to you giving me a home."

He looks at me. It seems like he goes through all the years of my training with Jungkook. Mister Jeon saw me growing up, he saw me in situations that even Jungkook doesn't know about. He was like a father to me. And I know that he feels the same.

"I knew that you were gonna leave me one day. I've tried to prepare myself but now... It was so sudden. ", he sighs. "There's a motorbike for you prepared in the back yard. Take the gun, too. You'll need it anyways. And... I won't tell anyone. I'll send you money on you bank account."

I nod and bow down for the last time.

"Thank you for raising me."

 He smiles. "Now go."