10

The heat in the building made it impossible for me to think straight. Thick smoke flows through the air, making it difficult to breathe. My eyes burn from it. Everything around me is burning. All I hear are the flames coming closer and Jungkooks soft kicking against the wall. He's locked up in the room next to me.

"Guys?" My raspy almost too silent voice cracked by such a simple word. I could hear a few coughing heavily and moaning in pain. A tear of repentance rolls down my cheek.

"I'm so sorry.", I whisper.

Everything went wrong. I went too far, I pushed them even though I knew they weren't ready yet. I didn't plan this through. I failed.

"It's not over yet." My head lifts up at the sound of his voice. Rays of hope fill up my heart.

"I will get us out of here."

"I almost hacked the front door. You can do it, please don't leave me like that.", says Yoongi.

My sobs get louder. The reason why we got into this situation is actually my fault.

*flashback*

We're sitting in the car, going through the plan once more. Excitement runs in my veins.

"My uniforms are in the bathroom, make sure to keep an eye on that room, Yoongi.", says Taehyung.
Yoongi nods and stares at his laptop screen, which is placed on his lap.
"The headphones are ready."
"Perfect.", I say.
Suddenly the car stops moving.
"Y'all, we arrived.", announces Jimin. His eyes are wide open and he turns around to look at us.
I look at my watch.
"Okay guys. 30 minutes. Keep me updated through the headphones, okay?"
"Yeah."
We jump out of the car.
"You go in first, Kookie. Taehyung will come with you but he'll have to use a did entrance. I'll follow as soon as Taehyung has his butler uniform."
Taehyung chuckles.
"What's so funny?", I ask, rolling my eyes.
"Nothing, let's go, bro.", says Taehyung and pats Jungkook on the back.
"See you.", says Jungkook with one last look towards me.
I watch them as they get closer to the building.
"You seem jealous.", says Yoongi behind me.
"I am not -"
"Come on, Y/N. I know you. Why won't you accept Taehyung in our group?"
I grit my teeth. He's right. Something inside of me fights against my feelings towards Taehyung.
"I'm in." It was Jungkook voice that informed us.
"Okay good. What about you Taehyung?", Yoongi responds.
"I used the other entrance. I'm currently changing into my uniform. Is someone coming to the bathroom?"
"No."
We listened to the ruffled noises Taehyung makes while changing.
"U-uh... ah... I'm done.", he finally says.
"Okay. Y/N, it's now your turn."
I nod. Before I can move, Yoongi reaches for my arm and holds me back. I turn around confused.
"You have to trust him.", he says with a serious look. Even Jimin seems concerned.
"Tsh, I will.", I mumble and jerk his hand off.
"I'm heading to the window now.", I speak into the headphone.
As I walk towards the side where the window of that child's room is, I could hear Jungkook's heavy breathing.
"Y/N you need to hurry I've already knocked out 5 servants."
"Alright, I'm climbing up the wall now, give me a second. Yoongi, what about the cameras?"
"Don't worry, they're all watching the videos from 2 years ago."
"Great. Taehyung are you in that kid's room?"
Taehyung didn't respond to my question. My hands started sweating from the effort I put into climbing up a pipe to reach the balcony.
"Taehyung?"
Silence.
"He's currently talking to a maid in front of the room door. Wait... she seems as id she doesn't want to let him inside."
I sigh.
"Is the kid alone?", I ask. I grab the railing of the balcony and swing myself over it. Then I had to hide behind the curtains immediately.
"The cameras are turned off... wait... Taehyung is following the maid to somewhere."
My eyes widen.
"What?!"
"I don't know where they are going, several cameras have been turned off."
"That's not a good sign..."
I peek over my shoulder to have a look at the room but it's too dark inside, so I can't see anything. Since there's nothing I could do I've decided to wait a little bit and keep calm.
"Jungkook how about you?"
Again silence. And that's where my heart beats started to get faster.
"I can't see Jungkook anywhere either."
"Oh no..."
"Y/N you need to stay calm now."
"Stay calm, huh?! I am the one who's standing on a god damn balcony and I can't see anything. Nor do I know what is going on."
"Me neither."
"That's it. I'll go in."
"Y/N wait!"
"Ah shut up already! We need information and I am the only one who -"
Suddenly a loud noise appears through the headphones. Two excited shouting voices are yelling at the microphone.
"Y/N I'm at the room next door d-"
"They wanted us to-"
"Please-"
"Our plan has-"
The connection was too bad. I couldn't understand what they were shouting.
"What's going on?", I ask.
Suddenly I hear loud voices from two strangers, who were running in the garden, searching for something... or someone. They are so many already.
"They said at the balcony!", shouts one.
"Which one?", another replies.
"Shit.", I whisper.
Then an unexpected pain goes through my shoulder and I scream.
"There she is!"
Grabbing my gun I try to hide behind the railing and hold my injured shoulder. Blood streams out uncontrollably.
"Fuck it, I'll head inside now!", I shout as the shooting grows louder.
"Y/N no!"
"It's... TR... a... a TRAP!"
But it was too late. As soon as I jumped through the thin glass an explosion set off. My ears are ringing as I fly through the air. My body painfully bumps against the wall and I fall down, coughing blood.
The next thing I knew was that everything went black.