8

Through the days I gave my best to avoid Taehyung. Mister Jeon gave him a room at the location, while I decided to stay with Jungkook, who didn't seem to have a problem with that at all. I talked to my teacher, so that I could do the partner project with Jungkook and Jungkook's partner could do it with Taehyung. My teacher just nodded and said we could do what we wanted. After that Taehyung tried his best to have a talk with me but as soon as I saw him, I left as quick as possible. Why you ask? Starting any kind of relationship with Taehyung would mean one more weakness for me. Jungkook quickly became friends with him, just like Yoongi did. 

"You can't keep on like this, Y/N. He's a gang member and in OUR group! You have to accept him sooner or later, no matter if you like it or not.", Jungkook says. I click my tounge. 

"I thought you'd understand me at least. I can't afford one more weakness, Jeon."

He sighs and leans back. We're sharing a fuzzy blanket and made ourselves comfortable on his small blue sofa, while playing video games. When I was close to winning he leans forward and aggressively presses the buttons on his controller. 

"Aaand I won again!"

"Aish! How can you be so good at this, when you never played this before?"

"I'm a professional."

Jungkook looks at me. At first I thought he was about to say something but he just kept looking at me instead. His brown eyes studying mine. The blue lollipop in his mouth was poking his inner cheek, building a small funny bump. We last a few minutes like that until his intense stare made me feel uncomfortable. 

"What is it?", I ask. He just smiles and comes a little closer. Our knees are touching now. Then he put away the lollipop before looking back at me, still smiling.

"Jungkook what are y-" I stopped when he leaned in closer to my face. His nose was almost touching mine. I close my eyes and slightly open my lips. But... Just when I realize that nothing is going to happen, I hear his raspy chuckle. 

"So this is what you mean with being a weakness, huh?", he says and stands up. Being completely confused I open my eyes again.

"What?" I look up at him but it was difficult to keep eye contact because his face was still close to mine. Both of his hands are placed on each of my side, supporting his balance. 

"You're just afraid to get as close to him as you are to me. It's not that you're afraid to become friends with him. You're afraid of the deeper connections, am I right?"

"It's not-"

"Back when you joined our gang... you acted the same towards me! I remember it all now! I kept on 'annoying' you and then after 2 weeks we became best friends! No no... It was something deeper than a friendship but less than a true relationship. And after that one night you ran away because you were afraid of the changes between us! I get it all now!"

My eyes widen. He wasn't lying at all. 

"Y/N every human needs weakness but let me tell you. Relationships aren't weaknesses. They are blessings." With that he stands up properly, turns around and leaves. 

*time skip*

It took me quiet a while to accept that Jungkook was right. At that time I also decided to no longer ignore Taehyung. During class I gave him a piece of paper that says 'meet me at the coffee shop after school'. Now I'm sitting on a table at the coffee shop, hoping that he'll come. I wouldn't judge him, if he doesn't come. I mean it is my fault if he hates me now. Even though that would be better... I shook my head.