11. Meeting The Boys (BTS)

You sign and stretch your stiff muscles and look around the coffee shop. There were more students scattered around focussed on their laptops, working on different projects. Currently, you were working on a historic project, you had to describe a famous historical event, in Korean. You were studying Korean at the nearby university, this was going to be your final project for your third year. You were in love with the language and culture and hope to one day be able to work and live in Korea. After 30 more minutes of work you decided it was enough work for today, you grabbed all your stuff, just when you were about to leave the coffee shop something or rather someone drew your attention. A familiar language sang in your ear and it was not your native language. You looked over to where the sound was coming from, seven really handsome Asian boys were sitting at a table near the bar. They hadn't been there when you had ordered your coffee they must have come in when you were working. Then you realized who they were, BTS! The famous Korean boy group! You were a huge fan of their music, but what are they doing here? There was no cameraman so they are not shooting anything. You stood their eavesdropping on their conversation, you weren't even really listening to their conversation. The Korean language was just so satisfying to hear, especially from a native Korean man. You wished you could join their conversation and speak Korean along them. It had been a while since you had been able to talk Korean with someone else then your fellow student or teachers. Then you got an idea, what if you just act like you think they're just Korean tourist and you have heard them talking Korean and you would really like to practice your Korean as you are studying it. Maybe in that way you can talk Korean with them for a moment and have a conversation with the one and only BTS! You just didn't want to be one the many fangirls they usually have hanging around them. So, therefore you decided to act like you didn't know who they were. You gathered your courage and walked over to their table. 

''Annyeonhaseyo'' You greeted them in Korean, they looked up at you surprised, then you continued in Korean. ''I heard you guys speaking Korean. I am studying the Korean language at a nearby university and  it really surprised to hear the language in my own country.'' 

''You Korean is very good,'' Rm said. 

''Thank you,'' You replied, ''I really love the language, but I rarely get a chance to speak it, would you guys mind talking with me for a few minutes if you have the time of course?''

The guys looked at each other and then back at you.

''Do you know who we are?'' Jin asked. 

''You are Korean right?'' You replied obviously knowing he was asking if you knew that they were the famous BTS, but purposely not acknowledging you knew them. 

''Do you know BTS?'' Jin asked.

You gulped for a moment, were you also going to deny such a direct question. You hesitated for a moment and then answered confidently.

''Isn't that a famous Kpop group?'' You rubbed the back of your neck awkwardly, ''I am not really into the whole kpop thing. I mean the music is good and I sometimes listing to a few songs because it's Korean, but I never really got into it. So I don't really know BTS.''

''Ah,'' Jin said, ''What's your name?''

''My name is Y/N''

Jin looked at the rest of the guys, they all nodded.

''Y/N nice to meet you,'' Rm said and pointed to the empty chair at their table, ''We have a few minutes, you can sit down I've you like. ''

''Thank you,'' You bowed politely to them and sat down on the empty chair.

''You even know the Korean etiquette.'' Rm said impressed. 

''Yeah,'' You replied, ''I have learned everything about the Korean language and culture during my first two years of my study, but I am currently majoring in history.''

''I've never met anyone who studies Korean.'' Taehyung said, ''It's interesting to meet a foreigner who is so interested in our culture.''

''I can imagine,'' You chuckled, '' I would be very surprised to meet someone who would have studied my language for years. It must be weird for you guys me randomly starting to talk to you.''

''Actually, not really,'' J-hope said, ''Fans do it all the time.''

Suga nudged J-hope. ''He means that were good looking and in Korea girls sometimes talk to us randomly.''

You were surprised by Suga's lie, but also kind of understand. It's probably not every day they meet someone who doesn't know them. 

''So, what are your names?'' You asked. 

''I am Namjoon,'' Rm said. 

''I am Hoseok,''

''Jimin,''

''Taehyun.''

''Jungkook.''

''Yoongi''

''Seokjin''

''It is very nice to meet you guys.'' You noticed that all of the guys had introduced themselves by their own names, not their stage names. It really made you feel special that you got to know the real them not who they are when they are on stage. ''So, how do you like Y/C.''

''It is really nice,'' Jungkook said.

''I like how lively the city is,'' Hoseok answered, ''Even at night the city lives.''

''It's too bad were always working we barely have time to really enjoy the city,'' Taehyung looked gloomily at you. 

''I like to walk around alone in the city, it really inspires me,'' Yoongi said. 

''What kind of work do you guys do?''

You noticed the guys hesitated for a moment, then Yoongi answered. 

''We work in the music industry.'' 

''Ah, really,'' You replied, but of course, you already knew, ''That's really interesting.''

''So what are you guys doing here?'' You asked.

''We're shooting a music video,'' Rm replied.

''Ah really!'' You replied excitedly, '' That's really cool!''

After that, there was a bit of an awkward silence.  You didn't want to blow your cover by asking more question about their work, so you quickly changed the topic to something more in your ally, Korean culture, and history. You talked with them about the Korean education system, Korean age system, Korean traditions etc. It was really interesting conversation and you had completely forgotten the time. Apparently, the guys had too because when Rm looked at his watch his face became white.

''GUYS!'' Namjoon almost yelled, ''We are late! We should have been back 10 min ago!''

''Oh no!'' Taehyun quickly got up, ''The manager is going to kill us!''

''We have to go!'' Jungkook yelled. 

All the guys quickly left the table. 

''It was nice meeting you Y-N,'' Yoongi said and gave you a business card, ''Bye.''

''You really should check out BTS's song again,'' Jin said and also left, then you were left alone at the table in the coffee shop. You smiled to yourself I just met BTS! And Yoongi gave me his business card! You sat there for a moment silently fangirling and then when you gathered yourself you finally went home. 

-The end - 

This time it is not a really romantic Story but this idea had been in my head for quite a while and I thought it would make a nice story so therefore, I wrote. I hope you guys like it even though it is a bit different.