20. Movie night with (Jimin)

You tightly cuddle thw pillow in your arms when the music in the movie started to become more intense, you knew a jump scare was close. You also you knew you were going to be scared out of your wits anyway. Jimin, your boyfriend, was hiding behind you.

''Is it already over?'' Jimin asked sounding  scared.

''No, not yet,'' You replied and clutched the pillow more tightly, while you watched the tv closely. You and your boyfriend were watching s horror movie, it was the first time the two of yoi were watching a horror movie together. In the movie the main character was silently tip toeing through the house on the search for the source of the mysterious sound. When the main character walked through the living room a faint shadow could be seen on the walls behind her. You gasped loudly. 

''What?! What is happening?'' Jimin asked curious.

''If you want to know what's happening just watch the movie,'' You awnsered sarcastic ,'' Or are you too scared?'' You said and poked Jimin in his side. 

''AAAAH!!!'' Jimin yelled and shot up from behind you. When he realised it was just you who had poked him, he glared at you, ''Not funny!''

You laughed at Jimin's pouting face. Then a terrifying sound was heard from the tv the both of you looked over at the tv in shock. On the screen was a close up shot of an disgustingly looking old woman choking the main character. 

''AAAAAAAHHH'''Both of you screamed in unison, and jumped in each other arms. Hugging each other tightly your eyes were glued to the screen. Then a loud crash went through the house, like a window shattering of the loud slam of door. You looked at Jimin who looked just as scared at you.

''What, was, that?'' You stammered.

''I, don't, know,'' Jimin stammered back. 

Jimin took the remote of the tv and paused the movie. Now it was quiet in the house you both were lisitening if the sound was there again. 

*Krgrgh* A terrifying sound like someone scratching on  wooden floor boards could be heard from upstairs. You looked terrified at Jimin. 

''Should we check?'' Jimin asked.

''Are you crazy!'' You exclaimed and hit Jimin on the shouder,''Do you want to get killed?''

''No but I want to know what the sound is,'' Jimin got up from the couch, ''Come one.''

''Are you crazy!'' You almost yelled, ''I'm not going upstairs! It could be a ghost! Who wants to kill us!''

''Well I'm not going alone,'' Jimin said in a stern voice with his hands on his hips. 

Then another thump sounded from upstairs, this time more muted as if a heavy cloth fell to the floor. 

''Come on!'' Jimin grabbed you arm with one hand and with other the bottle of wine from the table  and held it up like it was a baseball bat. Jimin dragged you to the stairs,at first you tried to wiggle from his grip, but when you couldn't free yourself you reluctanly let him drag you along. You were worried what would happen to Jimin if he went alone anyway, besides you were more scared to be left alone in the silent and dark living room then go check upstairs with Jimin. Upstairs Jimin carefully checked all the rooms with the wine bottle ready for attack, you followed closely, hiding behind Jimin's bacm and frequently looking over your shoulder making sure no one was sneaking up from behind. When the last room also turned out to be empty the two of you sighed in relief and Jimin lowered the bottle. 

''Wait!'' You said, ''If the sound did not come from here, where did it come from? It had to come from somewhere, right?''

''Maybe the neighbours,'' Jimin shrugged his shoulders. "There is nothing to worry about, because there is nothing here."

Then an other crash, like plates shattering on the floor could be heard and it was still coming from above.

''The Attic!!!'' The two of you looked at each other in shock. 

''I'm not going up there!'' You waved your hands in front of you,'' No way!''

''I'm not going either'' Jimin stammered and then pushed you in the direction of the attic. ''There's moths up there, and those are basically butterflies. You know how much i hate butterflies!''

''But.... But..'' You stammered. 

''Moreover I already checked these rooms. ''

''But.. there are spiders up there too..'' You stammered scared out of your wits. 

''I'll stay safely behind you,'' Jimin said and then held out the bottle of wine . ''Here, this will protect you.''

''Yeah like this is going to stop some evil ghost,'' You said sarcastically but took the bottle from his hands anyway. It's better then nothing. 

You carefully opened the door to the staircase that let to the attic, you heart pounded in your chest. Jimin made a soft squeal behind you when you opened the door. You held out the bottle prepard for anything, but there was nothing. Just the staircase. You flicked on the light and looked up, there still was nothing suspicious to be seen or heard. Slowly you made you way up the steps, carefully listening to anything out of the ordinary. When you almost had full sight into the attic another sound could be heard from upstairs. You froze in shock, it sounded almost like a hiss. An animal like hiss. You looked back at Jimin who motioned for you to go futher up the stairs, but you were frozen in place. Jimin looked over your shoulder and again motioned for you to go up the stairs, the initially shock had passed and you reluctantly took another step. Wine bottle ready to hit anything that would move. Another hiss could be heard from upstairs, your hand grabbed the bottle more tightly then you jumped up the last steps. 

''HA!'' You yelled with closed eyes and swatted the bottle in the air. You heard something scatter away and then hiss at you again. 

''ahw..'' Jimin sofly said, ''It's so cute! You almost scared it to death swatting the bat like a crazy person.''

''What?'' You asked confused and opened your eyes, ''What is cute?''

Jimin had left his hiding place behind you and was crouched in front of some boxes. 

''Come here little guy,'' Jimin sofy said,''The crazy lady won't hurt you.''

''I'm not a crazy lady!,'' You huffed, ''Who are you talking to?''

Then a little kitten appeared from behind the boxes and carefully and curiously sniffed Jimin hand, hissed at it for a moment but hen started licking it.

''A cat?'' You asked.'' That's what made those sounds?'' 

You looked around and saw that a box with old plates and cups had fallen over, that must have been the initally crashing sound. The scratching and hissing must have been the little kitten himself. The floorboards must have emphasised the sound so it sounded louder then it really was. Jimin was now petting the kitten and looked at it like he had found his soulmate.

''Can we keep him?'' Jimin asked and picked up the kitten, the kitten softly purred in his arms and defintly was not scared anymore. You moved over to Jimin and put out your hand. The kitten first smelled your hand curiously and then gave it a lick with it's tiny tongue. 

''Awww'' You said, ''It really is cute.'' 

''So that is a yes!'' Jimin asked excited. 

''Well I guess,'' You said. 

''Yes!'' Jimin held up the little kitten, ''You are going to be my new best friend!''

You chuckled, seeing Jimin so happy with the little kitten. 

 ''Come one, let's go back downstairs.'' You made your way over to the stairs and Jimin followed closely behind you while hugging the kitten closely to his chest. 

- The end -

I hope you guys like this little story, it again is a little bit different. The little idea just popped in my head and I just had to write it. :)