25: The new Assistant (Jungkook)

Another request, Thank you @btsjungkookmybias for requesting a story! I hope you like the story I wrote for you ^^

---

Last week Jungkook hired a new assistant to help him with his work that always seemed to be overflowing. He hoped an extra assistant would be able to lower the pressure on him a little bit. After a long conversation with the HR department, they guaranteed they would choose the best person for the job little had he known that they would pick his long lost childhood friend Y/N. Y/N didn't seem to remember Jungkook or at least she hasn't acknowledged the fact she did. She was always polite and formal with him, she was professional. The HR department had done a great job, it had been exactly what he had been looking for, just not from her. He always had a crush on her, but she was always out of reach. Every time he thought he had gathered the courage to tell her something more important had come up. He remembers one time, in particular, he had finally gathered the courage even spent two hours picking the most beautiful flowers in his garden to give to her, but when he finally ran over to you house he found her crying in her room. Her parents had just told her they were getting a divorce, it was not the right moment to confess his love for her. It was always like that every time he was ready, she was not. 

''Mr. Jeon?'' A soft gentle voice he would recognize anywhere spoke carefully snapping his attention back to reality. Y/N was wearing a black slim fitted dress that fit her perfectly, it was professional yet sexy. It hugged her in all the right places but didn't show any skin, the dress radiated confidence and professionalism. It had surprised him when he first saw her a week ago. The innocent cute and bright smiling Y/N he had known, had turned into a woman, a beautiful one on top of that. As a child, they would always play house together and somehow he had always thought that they would end up getting married, but as it turned out faith seemed to have a different plan.

''You have a meeting in 10 min,'' She said smiling brightly, ''Would you like me to prepare you a coffee before the meeting.''

''Yes, Thank you,'' Jungkook replied. 

Even though she had grown up her smile was the same, her small heart-shape lips which still intoxicated him still curved up in the same innocent smile as when they were kids. He remembers how she would always kiss his cheek when greeting each other or saying goodbye to him, but things have changed. She was no longer his friend she had become a stranger to him, she didn't kiss his cheek anymore, she didn't even hug him. No, she only formally bowed to him, keeping her distance. Everything was different and the more he thought about the more he convinced himself his thoughts were inappropriate. Besides she hadn't shown anything then professionalism towards him and he shouldn't either, she was his assistant after all. 

He sighed and started gathering the documents he would need for the meeting and left his office for the meeting hall. When he entered a steaming cup of coffee was already on the table. His eyes scanned the group of people sitting in the meeting hall until they met hers. She was talking to Taehyung, the damn handsome Taehyung.  He didn't like that, though he never minded Taehyung, on the contrary, he was one of his best employees and very nice, but he also had heard women talking about him. They would all talk about how incredibly handsome he was, how incredibly kind, he was sure almost every woman in the office would jump at a chance of dating him, but he never dated anyone. Which only added more to his appeal because who would be the lucky women to be able to get him and there she was sitting next to him smiling at him. He wished to be in his place talking to her as if they were friends but she was always polite to him too professional. He looked at Jimin who was sitting on the other side of Y/N. Jimin his best friend, who always had been there for him. Jimin who not only was the one person he could always rely on as friend but also as his best employee his right-hand int the company. He knew everything just as well as him. Jimin was also the only person who knew about his history with her, his undying love for her. He had met Jimin right after college they had created this business together, they had both agreed Jungkook would be the better CEO. Jimin had said so himself, tough behind the scenes Jimin might even do more work than him. It was just that Jimin has always been shy and never gave off the same energy as Jungkook. Jungkook radiated confidence and authority, Jimin radiated friendliness and kindness. People listened to Jungkook, Jimin listened to people, he was their friend and Jungkook their boss. It was a perfect combination.