Chapter 9 Meeting Dumbledore

It was still early when Kagome returned to England, her grandmother was waiting for her in the parlor. When Kagome came in Cecilia stood up and hugs her.

"What did your family tell you?" She asks.

"They said they thought something like this was going to happen and they're happy for me. I'm actually going to miss them a lot but I don't regret my decision. I really want to get to know you and grandpa better and if possible meet my father."

"And you will, My Dear, of that I am certain," Cecilia tells Kagome then hugs her.

"So what do we do now, Grandma?"

"I think the first thing we should do is enroll you in Hogwarts, let me fire-call the headmaster and get this underway. Your grandfather had already spoken with Headmaster Dumbledore about the possibility of you transferring to Hogwarts, so he's expecting a response."

Kagome nods and watches as her grandmother walks over to the fire and throws some floo powder into the fireplace. Kagome still can't believe they don't have phones.

"Headmaster Albus Dumbledore's office at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry," Cecilia calls out nice and loud.

"Hello, Cecilia, to what do I owe this call?"

"Good afternoon, Albus, I was calling to inform you of my granddaughter's decision."

"Oh, then, by all means, step through so we can discuss this in person, and bring her along, I'd like to meet her."

Cecilia ends the call and turns to Kagome, "We'll be going to Hogwarts to speak to the Headmaster in person, Kagome, you've traveled by floo before, haven't you?"

"Yes, I have, Grandma, Kagome informs her.

"Good, then I'll go first and wait for you on the other side."

Cecilia grabs a handful of floo powder and once again throws it in the fire, "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Headmaster's office."

The flames turn green, Cecilia steps through and disappears. Kagome waits a few seconds then does the same thing. Stepping through the fireplace Kagome notices that The headmaster's office is a large circular room with many windows and many portraits of, what Kagome can only assume, are old headmasters and headmistresses. There are also a number of spindly tables upon which are set delicate looking silver instruments that whir and emit small puffs of smoke, as well as an incredible collection of books, a Pensieve, and a phoenix.

Kagome stood and admired the Phoenix for a moment when she noticed an older man standing in front of his desk smiling at her. He is a tall and thin man, with silver hair and beard so long that it was tucked into his belt. He has a very long and crooked nose that looked as if it had been broken at least twice. His eyes are a brilliant, soul-piercing shade of blue, that twinkle with kindness and mischief. Kagome smiles at the older man and steps forward.

"Hello, you must be Kagome," Professor Dumbledore says.

"Yes, I am, you must be Headmaster Dumbledore, sir, it's nice to meet you."

"Yes, I am, it's nice to meet you as well, Kagome, please sit down here with your grandmother," Professor Dumbledore says with a smile.

As Kagome walks towards the seat, he observes the girl. He can see a little bit of Grace Ollivander in her, but there was no denying that she looks very much like Sirius, she even had his eyes. He could also see where her features were slightly altered due to the blood adoption, but not much, the Black family traits were definitely noticeable.

Once Kagome sat down, Dumbledore went ahead and sat down behind his desk. He templed his fingers and gave Kagome a grandfatherly look, "So, Kagome, my understanding from your grandfather is that you were thinking of transferring from Mahoutokoro School of Magic to here in order to spend more time with your grandparent, is that correct?"