Chapter 32 Heartbreak

Meanwhile, at Hogwarts, Harry was not having a good weekend. He had detention on Friday with Umbridge, and as his punishment, Harry had to do lines for her. The catch was that Umbridge had given him a blood quill, so every time he wrote the words, I Must Not Lie, the ink was taken from his blood, and the word was carved into his hand.

When Hermione found out she told Harry to go to Professor McGonagall or Professor Dumbledore, but Harry refused, “At least let Kagome take a look at it,” Hermione suggested.

“What can she do?” Ron said.

“She can help heal it like she helped Remus,” Hermione tells Ron.

“No, I am not going to Kagome,” Harry said.

“What do you have against Kagome?”

“Nothing.”

Hermione eyed Harry for a moment. Hermione knew that wasn't true but decided to let it go for now. Suddenly Hermione realized that she hadn't seen Kagome since Friday afternoon. Hermione looked around until she spotted Fred and George. She gets up and walks over to them.

“Hi guys, have either one of you seen Kagome?”

Fred and George look at each other, “Yeah, she went to go visit her grandparents. Kagome's grandmother is a little under the weather,” Fred tells Hermione.

Hermione frowns, “Oh, I hope Mrs. Ollivander feels better.”

“I'm sure she will,” George tells Hermione.

Hermione's curiosity satisfied; she goes back over with Harry and Ron.

At Grimmauld Place, Kagome, Remus, and Sirius had just finished their sparring match. All three of them were tired and sweaty. It turned out that Kagome was a better dueler than Remus and Sirius expected. Kagome was exactly what Moody said she was, a warrior. And with her barrier, Kagome was practically undefeatable.

Kagome, Remus, and Sirius went upstairs to their rooms to shower and change then Sirius went to watch a movie while Kagome and Remus went to the library. Kagome already had homework to do while Remus was going to continue with the book he was reading.

Kagome had a potions essay due on Monday, along with a Transfigurations essay. As Kagome worked, Remus couldn't help but glance up from his book to look at his beautiful mate. Remus smiles when he saw that Kagome's tongue would peek out when she concentrated on her writing. Remus thought it was the cutest thing he had ever seen.

It wasn't long before Kagome and Remus heard a crash in the living room. Remus rolled his eyes; he knew exactly who it was that had just arrived, Tonks. The Metamorphmagus tended to get on Remus' nerves, she was a little too attentive to him, and it was something that made him uncomfortable. Especially now that Kagome had come into his life.

After Tonks said hello to Sirius in the study, she went looking for Remus. It didn't take her long to find him in the library. Tonks was surprised to see him there with Kagome. Tonks greeted her new cousin and smiled nervously at Remus.

“Hello, Remus, how are you this evening?”

Remus didn't look up from his book, “I'm fine, Nymphadora, how are you?”

Tonks bristled at Remus using her full name, but said nothing, “I'm doing okay, I just got off work with the Ministry and decided to come to visit.”

“Come to visit your cousins?”

“Actually, Remus, I came to visit you. Do you mind if we go into the kitchen to talk?”

Remus sighs, he marks the page in his book and sets it down. Getting up, he follows Tonks, who skips out of the room. What Remus didn't notice was Kagome watched him, and Tonks leave, she bit her lip worried about what Tonks had to say to Remus.