Chapter 22 Endless Drama

While Remus is having his breakfast, Kagome prepares a bath for him. She conjures a bath bomb and drops it into the water, turning the water a nice rose color. She puts a stasis charm over it to keep the water nice and hot. Taking out some towels she places them on the rack by the tub.  Kagome conjures a few scented candles and lights them and then has relaxing music playing in the background.

When she's finished, she goes back into the bedroom where Remus has just finished eating. Kagome smiles at him and takes the tray from him

"I have your bath all ready, Remus. Do you need help getting to the bathroom?"

"No, Kagome, I'm fine thank you anyway."

"Alright, I'll leave you to it then," Kagome tells him then takes the tray and leaves his room.

Remus sighs and gets out of bed. He goes into the bathroom and is immediately assaulted by the smell of roses. He takes a deep breath and sighs, the smell causes his body to relax. He looks around the bathroom and notices the candles and the soft music playing in the background, Remus smiles at how thoughtful Kagome was.

Stripping out of his clothes, Remus gets into the tub. He wonders briefly why the water is pink then realizes that it also smells of roses and has some sort of oil in it. He assumes to moisturize his skin, Remus sinks down in the tub and relaxes. And while he relaxes his mind wanders to Kagome. He thinks about how sweet and considerate she is towards him and the fact that she doesn't mind that he's a werewolf.

He fantasizes about what would it be like if they were actually to become mates. He would treat her so well, he would do anything to make her happy. Remus imagines himself getting married to Kagome and having children with her, then suddenly he realizes that it could never be.

'She would never want to be with me, I'm just her father's friend. And I'm too old for her.' Remus thought as he sat in the tub.

After a while, Remus got out of the tub. He went into his bedroom, changed and went downstairs. By this time everyone was already up and having breakfast. They were surprised to see that Remus was up as they all knew that it was the full moon the night before and that normally Remus would be recovering. Ever the tactless one, Ron came out and asked Remus what was going on.

"Remus what's going on, normally after the full moon you look like you're on death's door. What's going on?"

Hermione kicked Ron underneath the table, "Ronald, where are your manners? You don't ask something like that."

"What it's true, Remus has never looked this good before and I want to know why."

Kagome looks at Ron shocked that this boy has no manners what so ever. She starts getting irritated by the way he's talking to Remus. Remus is about to answer when Kagome interrupts him.

"Not that it's any of your business, Ronald, but I healed Remus."

"How in the bloody hell did you heal Remus, you're not a healer," Ron tells her.

Kagome gives him a scathing look that causes Ron to shrink in his chair, "As I said, it's none of your business."

"I want to know."

"Well, life is full of disappointments, get used to it," Kagome tells him.

Sirius and the twins laugh at Ron. Ron can only sit there and glare at Kagome who is completely unaffected.

Ginny looks between Kagome and Ron then looks at Remus, "Well, whatever Kagome did, I'm glad you're feeling better Remus."

"Thank you, Ginny."