Chapter 31 Kagome Duels Moony

Kagome goes into the kitchen and sees Kreacher bustling around the kitchen preparing dinner. She smiled and cleared her throat, causing Kreacher to turn around and smile at Kagome.

“Mistress Kagome, welcome home, Kreacher is be making Mistress's favorite dinner.”

“Thank you, Kreacher, it's good to be home,” She said as she patted the little house-elf on the head, “Do you suppose you could put dinner in stasis, my father, Remus and I are going out for a while.”

“Yes, Kreacher will save dinner for later.”

“Thank you, Kreacher, I appreciate it.”

“Anything for Mistress.”

Kagome smiled and kissed Kreacher's head, causing him to blush.

She goes back out the living room to wait for Remus and Sirius. They're both upstairs changing to go out. Sirius changes into a pair of jeans boots and his leather jacket. He takes his potions and watches as his features vary, and his long black hair turns blonde.

Meanwhile, Remus puts on a pair of black slacks dress shoes, a button-up blue shirt, and a jacket. Both men have their wand in holsters that are tied to their forearms for easy access. They make their way downstairs and go into the living room.

“We're ready, Kagome,” Sirius tells her.

Kagome looks at them and smiles, “My, don't you two look handsome.”

Sirius preens under the praise while Remus blushes.

“Shall we go,” Sirius asks.

Kagome and Remus nod. They head out to into Muggle London.

While they were out, they went to the store and bought Sirius all sort of films. Kagome, of course, had to approve them before they purchased them. To make sure that they were appropriate for Sirius. She didn't want him watching horror movies just in case he got the idea that that's the way the Muggle world was like. After that, they wandered around London for a while then went back home for dinner.

When they arrived back at Grimmauld Place, Kagome goes into the kitchen to let Kreacher know that they were home, “Kreacher, we're home, could you serve dinner now?”

“Of course Mistress Kagome.”

Kagome kisses his head then goes into the dining room. She goes and sits next to her father across from Remus. She and Remus make eye contact and they both blush. Sirius looks at them and smirks but says nothing.

Kreacher serves dinner. Kreacher made a ham with scalloped potatoes, asparagus with hollandaise sauce and creamed spinach. For dessert, he made a lemon meringue pie.

The little family begins to serve themselves. Remus and Kagome reach for the scalloped potatoes at the same time and their hand's touch. Immediately Kagome blushes as does Remus, “I beg your pardon, Kagome, please go first.”

“Thank you, Remus,” Kagome says shyly.

“Of course.”

Now that Kagome, Remus, and Sirius have been served, they settle down to have their meal. They make small talk and ask Kagome about her other classes. She tells them that so far she likes them.

“Though I don't like potions. Which is sad because I excel at potions.”

“My understanding nobody likes potions except for Slytherin.”

“Yes, it's completely unfair to Gryffindor. I had the best potion, and he barely gave us any points.”

“That's just the way Snivilleus is. It's worse for Harry since he looks like James.” Sirius tells her.