Chapter 14 Learning Something New

The morning passes with a lot of chatter between Kagome and Sirius. He was regaling her with stories of the Marauders and all of the adventures they had at Hogwarts. Sirius told her stories about Grace as well, which made Kagome smile.

"Your mum may have looked like a sweet and innocent little Ravenclaw, but she was just as bad about pranking as we were. We actually considered her the 5th Marauder." Sirius says with a laugh.

"Yes, that's actually how they met, Your dad was trying to set up a prank outside Ravenclaw common room when Grace caught him," Remus says without looking up from his eggs.

"Really what happened?"

"Instead of telling a prefect on Sirius, Grace told him it would never work, then showed him how to improve it. Then together they set it up outside the Slytherin common room and watched under James' invisibility cloak while the Slytherins tripped it. After that, they were joined at the hip."

Sirius barked out a laugh as he remembered that incident, "After that, Kagome, any prank we had your mum would go over it and make improvements on them. Whenever we would improvise that's when the results would come out disastrous. She and Remus were the brains of the Marauders."

Kagome looks up at Remus and smiles at him, he shyly smiles back. Once breakfast is over Kagome takes all the dishes to the sink to start washing them, but at that moment Kreacher appears.

"Kreacher will not let, Mistress Kagome soil her hands with the dishes. Kreacher will be happy to do them, then he will begin cleaning the house."

"Thank you, Kreacher," Kagome says as she pats him on the head.

Kreacher smiles at Kagome, "Anything for Mistress Kagome."

Remus and Sirius look at each other surprised, "Well, that's something you don't see every day." Sirius says.

Kagome laughs and sits down next to Sirius, "Speaking of cleaning, Sirius, how attached are you to the decor of this house?"

"I'm not if it was up to me I'd throw everything into a pile and burn it. This house is a shrine to Slytherin."

"Well, technically it is up to you, Sirius if you don't like the way the house looks would you mind if I redecorate it?" Kagome asks, "I already did my room, I couldn't sleep with those oppressive colors."

"You did, can I see it?" Sirius asks.

"Sure come on, I need to change anyway."

Kagome goes upstairs followed by Sirius, who pauses when he sees Remus just sitting there, "Aren't you coming, Moony?"

"No this is something between father and daughter."

Sirius comes back downstairs and grabs Remus' hand. "Don't be silly, Moony, I want you to get to know my daughter too. So come on, let's see what improvements she's made."

Remus sighs but gets up to follow Sirius anyway. Sirus walks into Kagome's room, his eyes widen and mouth falls open. The room looked nothing like it did the day before, yesterday the room was a gloomy green and silver with windows so dirty you couldn't see into the back garden. Now the room was colored blue and white, it was bright and cheerful. With sunlight gleaming in through the sparkling windows. Instead of a candle by the furniture was no longer black, it was cream color and there was a  white sofa by the windows. Instead of a candle by the bedside, there was a glass lamp.

 Instead of a candle by the bedside, there was a glass lamp