Chapter 33 Melancholy

When Kagome and Sirius returned home, Sirius noticed that Kagome was a little subdued. She went upstairs to pack her bag to return to school that evening. Once she was ready, Kagome went downstairs into the study to watch a movie with Sirius. When Kagome walked into the room, she saw that Remus was already there. At first, she panicked, not wanting to be in the same place as the man she has a crush on. But Kagome knows that Sirius intends to spend as much time with her as possible, so, she steels her nerves and walks into the study.

Both men turn when they hear Kagome enter the study. Remus beams at Kagome, and she gives him a smile that doesn't reach her eyes. He frowns, wondering what could be bothering her. Kagome sits down next to Sirius, who smiles at her and puts his arm around Kagome. Passing the popcorn to Kagome, Sirius picks up the remote and starts the movie. This time Sirius puts on a comedy, he doesn't like that Kagome is so sad and wants to make her laugh.

The movie does the trick. Kagome is laughing throughout the film while Sirius roars with laughter. Remus chuckles as he watches the video, but out of the corner of his eye, he's watching Kagome. His heart flutters as he watches her giggle. Remus is happy that whatever is bothering Kagome has abated somewhat. When the movie ends, Kreacher pops into the study to let them know that dinner was ready. They make their way into the dining room; Kagome gasps when she smells what Kreacher has made.

“What's the matter, Love?” Sirius asks.

“I can't believe it. Kreacher made my favorite dish.”

“What did he make,” Remus asks.

“He made Oden. Just like my mother used to make,” Kagome says and tears up a little.

Kreacher pops into the dining room with the Oden and several other dishes, “Kreacher wanted Mistress Kagome to have her favorite. He goes to her mother for the recipe to make Mistress feel better.”

Kreacher had also noticed that Kagome was a little sad that day and decided he wanted to brighten her day in some way. Kagome smiled at the little House Elf and kneeled in front of him. She hugged Kreacher and kissed him on the head, “Thank you, Kreacher, I truly appreciate this.”

The House Elf turned bright red and nodded; then, he popped away to the kitchen to clean up. Kagome wipes away the tears that are threatening to fall and stands up. She smiles at the two men that are watching her curiously, “Are you alright, Love,” Sirius asks.

“Yes, I'm a little overwhelmed that Kreacher thought to make this for me tonight. I haven't had Oden in such a long time.”

“What exactly is Oden,” Remus asks.

Kagome smiles at him as she ladles out a bowlful for him, Sirius and herself, “Oden is a type of nabemono, consisting of several ingredients such as boiled eggs, daikon, konjac, and processed fishcakes stewed in a light, soy-flavored dashi broth. Trust me, you'll love it,” Kagome says as she sits down.

 Trust me, you'll love it,” Kagome says as she sits down