37

2 weeks after graduation

Yoongi was editing a song peacefully while eating some potato chips. He jumped slightly when loud knocking on his front door suddenly rang out. He quickly saved his progress and wiped off his hands. He stood up and walked out of his room to the front door. He unlocked it and opened it. Standing on the other side was Jungkook, who had a huge smile on his face and was formally dressed.

"Why are you all dressed up?" Yoongi asked.

"Are you that stupid? You really forgot?" Jungkook scoffed.

"What?" Yoongi asked, taken aback.

"I had my interview today, dipshit!" Jungkook slapped Yoongi's arm playfully.

"Oh my God, I totally forgot. How did it go?" Yoongi asked frantically.

"I fucking got the job!" Jungkook shouted, throwing his arms around Yoongi. "Thank you so much for convincing me to do this. I can tell I'm really going to love it."

"That's so great, babe. When do you start?" Yoongi hummed, a smile appearing on his face as he looked down at his boyfriend.

"In two days." Jungkook replied, looking up at him, sharing the same happy smile.

"I'm so proud of you." Yoongi whispered before gently pressing his lips against Jungkook's.

~~~~

After that one night where Jungkook cooked for Yoongi, an idea sparked. Jungkook mentioned becoming a chef, in which Yoongi automatically encouraged. Jungkook knew a guy who had an opening for a new chef.

Jungkook had just gotten the job and immediately fit in. His coworkers were friendly and helped him with cooking tips and such. The training went by quickly and with ease. He was extremely happy with his new career and constantly received compliments from the head chef.

Jungkook knew Yoongi was filthy rich, especially with his huge raise from the new boss and his promotion. He could easily support the both of them. Jungkook didn't want that. He wanted to earn a living on his own and not mooch off his boyfriend. Plus, he loved his job, it's not like it was a bother.

He was glad he was doing something he loved. He never saw himself going to college or being some scholar. He was happy with where he was and knew his hard work would pay off eventually.

Happy, that's all he ever wanted. And that's all he felt.

Sorry for a boring filler the last few chapters of the book will just be skips cause I'm lazy so.